Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good registraint to buy .gg domain with whois privacy?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good registraint to buy .gg domain with whois privacy?

CappuccinoCappuccino Member
edited August 2021 in Help

Hi guys,
do you know a good registrant where I can buy a .gg domain which supports whois privacy?
Till now I have only found OVH.

Comments

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 2Cappuccino jammy
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I have mine registered direct with the registry: https://my.channelisles.net

Doing a whois doesn't show any details so I assume they have privacy.

Thanked by 1Cappuccino
  • CappuccinoCappuccino Member
    edited August 2021

I had some doubts about channelisles.net because I was not able to find any review about this webiste, but as you made me notice it is the official registry for this domain.

Would it be safer to buy from OVH/Netim/namecheap rather than channelisles?

What about channelislandhosting.net ? They have a lower price (29.99 GBP)

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Cappuccino said:
    I had some doubts about channelisles.net because I was not able to find any review about this webiste, but as you made me notice it is the official registry for this domain.

Would it be safer to buy from OVH/Netim/namecheap rather than channelisles?

why would it be is a better question?

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Cappuccino said: Would it be safer to buy from OVH/Netim/namecheap rather than channelisles?

>

I had my .gg domain through a reseller (can't remember which now, think they were bought out by 123-reg in the end), but they charged me for renewal and didn't actually renew the domain and wouldn't respond to tickets.

I contacted channelisles.net as they were the registry to query this and they stepped in and got the domain back from the status when a domain has expired but can't yet be renewed (after proving it was mine), so stuck with them ever since.

• From what I can tell, none of my .gg or .je domains have any information about the registrant (me), so I don't think the registrar matters.

@Cappuccino said:

I have 6 domains with them and they're fine. With that said, I haven't dealt with their support, so can't say anything about that.
    Only been with them since January 2020 though.

Thanked by 1Cappuccino
  • CappuccinoCappuccino Member
    edited August 2021

@Decicus said:
    From what I can tell, none of my .gg or .je domains have any information about the registrant (me), so I don't think the registrar matters.

@Cappuccino said:

I have 6 domains with them and they're fine. With that said, I haven't dealt with their support, so can't say anything about that.
    Only been with them since January 2020 though.

I contacted them to ask some question and they replied pretty quickly.

I can't understand why third party resellers have a better price then the registry itself.