Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slacker Networks has been acquired by Path Network, Inc. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Slacker Networks has been acquired by Path Network, Inc.

2»

Comments

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited August 2021

@stevewatson301 said:
    What's with this game "let's create a company that lasts for three months and sell it off" that you and @mike1s have been playing? Speedrunning company formation and exits?

Really? I didn't plan on shutting the VPS product line down. I hope you don't have family issues that require all of your time. Things happen in business. I failed in the low end vps space twice, I have no plans or desires to come back a 3rd time. This industry isn't worth the time or energy. My colocation, managed IT, computer repair, and shared hosting lines of business all make far more money, and take up less of my time and energy. There's too many whiny little asshats in the low-end side of things. I have $300+ a month clients who don't complain about network issues.. with the low-end side of things, people bitch, moan, and whine about planned maintenances/hardware issues. No thanks, I'm far happier dealing with REAL businesses.

For those who care about mine and my wife's family, things are looking better now.

• @mike1s said:

@stevewatson301 said:
    What's with this game "let's create a company that lasts for three months and sell it off" that you and @mike1s have been playing? Speedrunning company formation and exits?

Really? I didn't plan on shutting the VPS product line down. I hope you don't have family issues that require all of your time. Things happen in business. I failed in the low end vps space twice, I have no plans or desires to come back a 3rd time. This industry isn't worth the time or energy. My colocation, managed IT, computer repair, and shared hosting lines of business all make far more money, and take up less of my time and energy. There's too many whiny little asshats in the low-end side of things. I have $300+ a month clients who don't complain about network issues.. with the low-end side of things, people bitch, moan, and whine about planned maintenances/hardware issues. No thanks, I'm far happier dealing with REAL businesses.

For those who care about mine and my wife's family, things are looking better now.

Third time's the charm.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • @rogerwilco said:

@mike1s said:

@stevewatson301 said:

Third time's the charm.

No thanks. I'll stick with actual businesses.

Thanked by 1rogerwilco
  • @mike1s said:

Ok, lets call this for what it is.

The reason you 'shut down your vps product line' is simply because you're absolute dogshit at business. That's it. There's nothing more to it. There's hundreds, heck, thousands of VPS providers, large and small, all around the world who are doing a roaring trade and are successful at it. Whether they're on their own hardware, rented, or reselling space on semi managed hardware ala hetzner (eg: like advin) they're each doing something right that you couldn't seem to work out, not once, but twice!

The kicker is even after you admitted the fault of the first deadpool was too rapid expansion and frequent promotions you blamed on 'your business partners', you did the EXACT SAME THING the second time around which shows it wasn't really them, but you, a little fat kid trying to be the next francisco but with no real clue of what you're doing.

Even now, after throwing a kiddy tantrum and leaving discord saying you're never coming back to LET or the discord server, here you are again, throwing shade on other providers in other threads like you did no wrong.

Even worse is that you're clearly running into MORE issues as you're so desperate on Discord to sell your old Dell hardware and even cheap crap like 500GB SATA SSDs which have almost no resale value. And then there's your claims of moving your colo to another provider, because wait, what was that? Oh yeah, you didn't do your due diligence properly before signing a contract and found the provider wasn't being truthful about their offering.

Oh wait, no that's wrong. You're looking at moving your colo to another state, right? Wait, what happens to your $300+ per month colo clients? The ones you won't be able to service properly because you'll be, oh yeah, IN ANOTHER STATE. I guess that won't be so bad since they're already putting up with network issues, by your own admission.

I really hope no one here takes your colo seriously, and stays the f away from you.

This is ALL no one's fault but your own. It wasn't because you had a family issue, it's because you don't know how to run a business. All the grandiose claims of 'we at spearware networks' was all smoke and mirrors to disguise the fact you were running things on your own. You claimed to be running a profit, with the 'spearware team' (hey, your wife allowing you to spend money doesn't make her part of the team) but you either couldn't set up a business to handle you stepping away from it for a short while, didn't have the 'team' you claimed, or both.

Really though, SO EFFING MANY OF US ARE TIRED OF SEEING YOUR SHIT. You're the running joke in other servers and social circles, you've even been crowned as the reigning 'LET Deadpool World Champion!'

Don't go saying you didn't deadpool because you have colo. You tried to hand off your VPS services to a shady swatter including providing confidential customer data without the customers permission, then proceeded to drop your VPS services with f-all notice to your customers, who only issued chargebacks because you didn't have the money to refund everyone what they were owed. That's a deadpool.

You're really not any better than cociu.

Please do us all a favor and STFU, or actually leave like you promised :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited August 2021

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@not_mike1s said: LET Deadpool World Champion!

BEST. IN. THE. WORLD!

Sorry, still excited as fuck that CM Punk's back.

Francisco

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • catscats Member

@Courvix said:
    What I have an issue with, however, is this activity continuing in today's age when Path is now a large-ish brand and yet just the other month someone who I think was a Path employee (or just Discord staff from Tempest, I can't recall) had attacked my network with large attacks (>300Gbps) for the fun of it and boasted about it.

As far as I'm aware, that person no longer has any affiliation with Path but it is still a cause for concern when not only are they hiring people who are known in the DDoS scene, but are actively attacking people who rent services from providers who themselves use Path as a DDoS protection provider.

I'm not going to judge the past for the most part, because it's the past. I will judge what happens in the present, though.

Yeah, this is kind of what makes Path a bit different from Cloudflare/etc. It's unacceptable for them to attack networks and others while they work for this company, but the unique expertise in how these attacks are launched and how to defeat them is exactly what makes their protection different. There's a balance that Path needs to obtain here, I think by hiring them and acquiring this company they're giving him a second chance, and it's only good for the customers as they get more stability - which you should all be happy for, since it's another host that won't deadpool. Not to mention the mess Mike left with them, it's a good move to let a bigger company soak up the rest.

As for the rest of the people commenting here...

What matters is how people act from now on. I don't want to say you should immediately forgive others for their mistakes, but to hold them accountable for their future actions - you can still keep the same doubt and dislike for a person, but give them a chance to correct their life. You'd be surprised what a single event can do to change someone's life and mindset.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@not_mike1s said:
    your wife allowing you to spend money doesn't make her part of the team

From of all us here at MXroute...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Does too!

Thanked by 3lentro Foul TimboJones
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@not_mike1s said: Ok, lets call this for what it is.

Minus all the combative wording, this is an interesting viewpoint. I'm not personally invested enough to give judgement (from an outsider view it didn't seem close to a cociu deadpool) but I wanted to thank you for the contribution to the forum. It really made me think a bit :)

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@jar said: From of all us here at MXroute...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

For just a moment, I thought I was finally going to be able to break out some popcorn.

Thanked by 1cats
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@not_mike1s said: Please do us all a favor and STFU

Someone didn't get the memo on duplicate accounts.

• @raindog308 said:

the rule should reveal their real IDs too that would be amazing :D

Thanked by 2Levi yoursunny
  • LeviLevi Member

@raindog308 said:

Can you share the details about who created second account?

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:

@raindog308 said:

Can you share the details about who created second account?

Let's get in LowEndDetective mode. For starters, we can rule out that it's "Not Mike1S" because it says it in the username!!!!

Thanked by 3lentro mike1s gazmull
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited August 2021

Sorry it took me a couple days to respond to this, the 21st was my birthday, also was doing work at a client's facility.

@not_mike1s said: Even worse is that you're clearly running into MORE issues as you're so desperate on Discord to sell your old Dell hardware and even cheap crap like 500GB SATA SSDs which have almost no resale value.

Yes, because selling unused hardware is proof of financial issues. Every company/person who sells old stuff is clearly desperate for money.... That makes total sense. I posted in a couple different marketplaces. Also, if SATA SSDs are worthless, why are they selling for $50+ a disk on ebay?

@not_mike1s said: And then there's your claims of moving your colo to another provider, because wait, what was that? Oh yeah, you didn't do your due diligence properly before signing a contract and found the provider wasn't being truthful about their offering.

The old datacenter claimed SSAE-18 SOC 1/SOC 2 compliance, discussed security in depth. There was no reason for me to suspect they were lying at the time.

@not_mike1s said: This is ALL no one's fault but your own. It wasn't because you had a family issue, it's because you don't know how to run a business. All the grandiose claims of 'we at spearware networks' was all smoke and mirrors to disguise the fact you were running things on your own. You claimed to be running a profit, with the 'spearware team' (hey, your wife allowing you to spend money doesn't make her part of the team) but you either couldn't set up a business to handle you stepping away from it for a short while, didn't have the 'team' you claimed, or both.

Spearware Networks was (and still is) profitable. The company is myself, my wife, and another partner. Myself and the other partner did not have the time to deal with the VPS clients (between our day jobs, other responsibilities, and the health issues my wife's side of the family were dealing with)

@not_mike1s said: Oh wait, no that's wrong. You're looking at moving your colo to another state, right? Wait, what happens to your $300+ per month colo clients? The ones you won't be able to service properly because you'll be, oh yeah, IN ANOTHER STATE. I guess that won't be so bad since they're already putting up with network issues, by your own admission.

I had plans to handle those (local partner), but I'm not moving anywhere.

@not_mike1s said: Don't go saying you didn't deadpool because you have colo. You tried to hand off your VPS services to a shady swatter including providing confidential customer data without the customers permission, then proceeded to drop your VPS services with f-all notice to your customers, who only issued chargebacks because you didn't have the money to refund everyone what they were owed.

Deadpool implies the company fully shut-down, not just getting rid of specific services that made up 10% of the business operations while taking up an inordinate amount of staff time. I will admit, I made a mistake talking with Curtis about taking the clients over, good thing is that the deal fell through, and customer information wasn't transferred. Refunds were issued.

@not_mike1s said: I guess that won't be so bad since they're already putting up with network issues, by your own admission.

There were some DDoS attacks and DC network outages, nothing that I was able to control.

• @Francisco said: BEST. IN. THE. WORLD!

Sorry, still excited as fuck that CM Punk's back.

Francisco

No worries good sir!