Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice Crypto Wallet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Advice Crypto Wallet

I want to invest some in cryptocurrency, but confused between these three wallets

1-Bitcoin Core
2-Coinbase
3-Exodus

Please advice which one is better in security and you may refer any good desktop wallet also.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 1Proxecure
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

check all the reviews and see who will be more beneficial to you as some of them will allow to stake specific crypto currency.

• you're looking for a wallet or exchange?

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • JioJio Member

never

NEVER

never NEVER use a third party wallet where you do not hold the keys

NEVER EVER EVER

• @Jio said:
    never

NEVER

never NEVER use a third party wallet where you do not hold the keys

NEVER EVER EVER

Desktop wallets are safe ! Isn't ?

• @SirFoxy said:
    you're looking for a wallet or exchange?

Wallet

• 1 is bitcoin. 2 is an exchange. 3 is a wallet.

If you want to invest there's exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, Robinhood, and so on with Coinbase being the most popular and probably the easiest.

I've used Exodus wallet and personally didn't like it, but it may be perfect for you if you're going to be getting many different types of cryptocoins. If you're looking for a good lightweight wallet to keep bitcoin locally or offline I'd recommend Electrum. It's been around for many years. For other cryptocurrencies do your research or maybe others can suggest if you mention what coins you plan on getting.

My personal opinion: If you purchase a lot do not keep any of it on any exchanges. Move it to a local wallet you control. Always use a long randomized password and make many secure backups of the wallet file and password/seed/phrase/private keys. If you lose either you're fucked so keep it close and secure.

• sayem314sayem314 Member
    edited August 2021

For wallet, I'm using both Metamask and TrustWallet (developed by binance).

• If you're going to be holding any substansial amounts get a hardware wallet.

• @Stradale said:
    If you're going to be holding any substansial amounts get a hardware wallet.

Hardware wallets are expensive and it's an duty to secure it. If I lost the device or if somehow it's broken then there is no way to recover it.

• @dystopia said:
    1 is bitcoin. 2 is an exchange. 3 is a wallet.

If you want to invest there's exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, Robinhood, and so on with Coinbase being the most popular and probably the easiest.

I've used Exodus wallet and personally didn't like it, but it may be perfect for you if you're going to be getting many different types of cryptocoins. If you're looking for a good lightweight wallet to keep bitcoin locally or offline I'd recommend Electrum. It's been around for many years. For other cryptocurrencies do your research or maybe others can suggest if you mention what coins you plan on getting.

My personal opinion: If you purchase a lot do not keep any of it on any exchanges. Move it to a local wallet you control. Always use a long randomized password and make many secure backups of the wallet file and password/seed/phrase/private keys. If you lose either you're fucked so keep it close and secure.

What about Skrill ?

• I like the crypto.com wallet. Easy to stake, they have smaller stuff like Supercharger events where you contribute to a pool and earn rewards after 45 days.. They have their own token CRO which you can use for Supercharging. Over the past 6 months, I made around 10% return with supercharger.. which is decent.

Thanked by 1Proxecure
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Proxecure said:

@dystopia said:
    1 is bitcoin. 2 is an exchange. 3 is a wallet.

What about Skrill ?

What about the Skrill? They just very odd payment provider and nothing more.

Thanked by 1Proxecure
  • @Proxecure said:

@Stradale said:

Hardware wallets are expensive and it's an duty to secure it. If I lost the device or if somehow it's broken then there is no way to recover it.

You would have a recovery seed like any other wallet, if you think that 60 euros is expensive then yeah you're probably not holding any bigger sums anyways so Exodus will do just fine

Thanked by 1Proxecure
  • @Stradale said:

@Proxecure said:

@Stradale said:

You would have a recovery seed like any other wallet, if you think that 60 euros is expensive then yeah you're probably not holding any bigger sums anyways so Exodus will do just fine

100$ minimum, hardware cost, and it's expensive if I have to replace it often

• none, educate yourself first before investing any amount of money.

• I am not related to coinbase, but here is my story with them.

When the bitcoin was starting and cpu mining was still a thing and bitcoin price was around $0,50 each, I was interested in it and was able to get 0.2 bitcoin in total (part of that was coinbase giving away 0.1 bitcoin for new users)

I forgot about it and went on with my life. I found the account a couple of month earlier when I was trying to create a new one and got an error that an account with that email address already exists.

In my surprise, after retrieving the password, my bitcoin was still there. Intact. In fact, they also had the bitcoin cash I was entitled to when the split happened.

So if the had my bitcoin safe for that long (I believe that's about 10 years) they have my trust. Of course the amount was relatively small, but today that's about $10k

So you be the judge.
    Regards.

• @Teucrus said:
    I am not related to coinbase, but here is my story with them.

When the bitcoin was starting and cpu mining was still a thing and bitcoin price was around $0,50 each, I was interested in it and was able to get 0.2 bitcoin in total (part of that was coinbase giving away 0.1 bitcoin for new users)

I forgot about it and went on with my life. I found the account a couple of month earlier when I was trying to create a new one and got an error that an account with that email address already exists.

In my surprise, after retrieving the password, my bitcoin was still there. Intact. In fact, they also had the bitcoin cash I was entitled to when the split happened.

So if the had my bitcoin safe for that long (I believe that's about 10 years) they have my trust. Of course the amount was relatively small, but today that's about $10k

So you be the judge.
    Regards.

You are lucky 😉

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Purchase using Coinbase, transfer over to a hardware wallet (I recommend Electrum) and make sure to keep your seed safe.