Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does liteserver provide the best features for its price (5 Euros)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does liteserver provide the best features for its price (5 Euros)?

I'm looking for the best VPS for that price and came across liteserver.nl which offers:
1 GB of RAM
1 CPU Core
512 GB HDD
1 Gbps
10 TB of bandwidth
1 IPv4 + /64 IPv6

It'd be great if it had unlimited bandwidth but haven't found one as good. Does anyone know of a better service provider for that price? Mainly want the storage and high speed network

Comments

• TNA Hosting do provide OpenVZ with 500GB HDD and 12GB ram for 5$
    I have been using for 3 months and no problem so far.
    Here's the link: Here

• @hzhoanglee Does it also have 1Gbps speed?

• @zutomayo said:
    @hzhoanglee Does it also have 1Gbps speed?

liteserver has good speed, I don't think any of other providers provide good speed with storage vps. I never had issues with Liteserver, using since past 5 years.

You can try vps providers before leaving Liteserver, I am sure you will come back.

What is your purpose of using vps? Because

Netcup do have some good price but no Torrenting. I haven't used it but people though recommend.

Time4vps does fall in same price range but the Speed is bottleneck and it's openvz with lesser bandwidth.

Hostsolution was good for price but speed is never good and now owner has gone ghost for month, probably not a good idea to buy it.

With unlimited Option you can go with BUYVM + add a Slab, (256gb slab + 1 slice) will cost you around 3-4 dollars but bandwidth is unlimited. Not sure how is speed, never used them though. People recommend them.

• @Merlincool Mainly for torrents and downloading/uploading stuff to a cloud service. Hadn't thought about BuyVM + Storage Slabs. Slice 1024 + two Storage Slabs would be almost the same as that 5 Euro Liteserver. I think I'll give that a try first and if I don't like them I'll go with Liteserver

@Merlincool said: Not sure how is speed, never used them though

They say it's: 1000Mbit Unmetered BW

• @zutomayo said:
    @Merlincool Mainly for torrents and downloading/uploading stuff to a cloud service. Hadn't thought about BuyVM + Storage Slabs. Slice 1024 + two Storage Slabs would be almost the same as that 5 Euro Liteserver. I think I'll give that a try first and if I don't like them I'll go with Liteserver

@Merlincool said: Not sure how is speed, never used them though

They say it's: 1000Mbit Unmetered BW

Yeah but there is always limit and nothing is truly unlimited, better ask them via ticket, if you say for example have 20-30 TB bandwidth consumed (vps counts inbound + outbound bandwidth) then they might put you on limit. I just gave example not sure even if things might slow down after consumption of 10 TB or something.

There is offer here bytesized-hosting.com/discount_plan If you are into seedbox and really need them. Professional seedbox providers have seedbox tunned and you don't have to even bother about speed and performance. Likewise there are other providers like seedbox.io where they say bandwidth is unlimited, so also seedboxes.cc but Seedboxes.cc has expensive plans and not would fall in your budget above compared to Liteserver, seedbox.io though is a good choice. Another one is seedbox.ws they also offer Plex in very lesser price.

• LeviLevi Member

Liteserver is no bullshit hosting. Solid uptime. Recommended.

• @LTniger said:
    Liteserver is no bullshit hosting. Solid uptime. Recommended.

I vote for that plus good speed, even on old ovz slots I don't get bottleneck.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • I am thinking of leaving of LS for different reasons than you. Less storage and RAM. I’ll be happy to let go 1TB bandwidth from 10 but I would love to have 1TB storage.

• Can vouch for Liteserver. This is quality hosting. Never had issues with them, good support.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Liteserver has been flawlessly running my VM for years. Very very happy that I found them when I did :-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • raynorraynor Member
    edited August 2021

They are prem for LET, I have 2 VPS there, SSD/NVME, FreeBSD/Debian, running for years (3/1) w/o problems.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

Did someone mention Liteserver? Liteserver is prem.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Been with them since 2017 and no complaints so far.

Callum will take good care of you.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • scookescooke Member
    edited September 2021

nwhb.com (new web hosting brand), its renewal is only 11 bucks after the initial year's $ 9947.00 USD at namecheap.

On the other hand, newwebhostingbrand.com is only 11 bucks, first year and renewal.

• @scooke said:
    nwhb.com (new web hosting brand), its renewal is only 11 bucks after the initial year's $ 9947.00 USD at namecheap.

On the other hand, newwebhostingbrand.com is only 11 bucks, first year and renewal.

And what does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

• LS is a true budget premium. Hope the price will stay.

• @angstrom said:

@scooke said:

He is smokin weed.

• @angstrom said:

@scooke said:

Oops, I often have more than one tab open for lowendtalk, and entered a response to another topic here accidently. Apologies.

• Their virtualizor is very slow