Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

¿good rpgs to play?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

¿good rpgs to play?

SirFoxySirFoxy Member
edited August 2021 in General

I'm a big Fallout fan, 3, NV (best), and 4. Even have vault boy tattooed on me lol.

Recently I just put like 100 hours into Skyrim and beat it, great game.

But I'm looking for a new RPG to dive into. The kind of game where it has multiple endings.

What do you guys recommend?

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited August 2021

I think Witcher 3 is the ultimate :smile:

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Cyberpunk 2077

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • LeviLevi Member

Start playing jRPG. Grandia 2, final fantasy series.

Divinity 2 is a good rpg. Also, consider LARPing.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @Arkas said:

I've had Witcher 3 installed on my Xbox S for a minute, haven't played it yet as I haven't played 1 or 2, you think that matters?

• @Calin said:
    Cyberpunk 2077

I've had it for a minute but it was a buggy mess the first 30 minutes I just put it down and haven't played it since.

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said:

🗡️👍

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @LTniger said:

Haha, I love a good RPG game but I don't know if I could LARP.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@SirFoxy said: I've had Witcher 3 installed on my Xbox S for a minute, haven't played it yet as I haven't played 1 or 2, you think that matters?

No, it doesn't matter at all. Witcher 1 wasn't that good, you can play Witcher 3, you're going to love it!

• Deus ex series. Yes the first is the best imo

• id recommend van helsing, older game but defenetly worth playing still

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If you enjoyed Skyrim, you'd enjoy Oblivion. Graphics are not as good but gameplay is identical.

(sorry if that's obvious)

@jugganuts said: Deus ex series. Yes the first is the best imo

I loved the first one. Every wild conspiracy theory thrown into one pot and lot of fun scenes. I heard the others were rubbish.

I have an itch to replay the Soldier of Fortune games just for the cheese factor but they're pretty moldy now.

Funny, I just replayed Skyrim myself because it's out on Switch now. I would kill for Oblivion or Fallout on that platform.

• Genshin Impact?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Metro Exodus

• LeviLevi Member
    edited August 2021

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

Haha, I love a good RPG game but I don't know if I could LARP.

Just try. Find local larpers, their leader will provide you with guidelines how to apply. It is a lot of fun. Usually raiding bars and having "weekend grinds" in some dudes or girls house. And everyone is 30+. It is unbelievable experience.

Here is famous movie about larp:

• @SirFoxy said: I've had Witcher 3 installed on my Xbox S for a minute, haven't played it yet as I haven't played 1 or 2, you think that matters?

I didn't play 1 and 2, but I liked playing 3 very much. The plot is not that important.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited August 2021

Fallout 1 and 2 if you haven't already.

Wasteland 3 - loved it, though it's got a big emphasis on combat, not a "pure" RPG, but still a good story, characters & all. And it ends badly, for someone, no matter which choices you make. :)

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Dune

I used to spend hours playing it.

• LeviLevi Member

@BlaZe said:
    Dune

It is RTS classic. Banged it on ps1. Those were the times...

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

@BlaZe said:
    Dune

It is RTS classic. Banged it on ps1. Those were the times...

PS1? I played it on DOS, then Win95 :p

Floppy disks were so cool back then hahaha

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • SnTHostingsSnTHostings Member, Host Rep

As much as i love witcher 3, the game has shitty gameplay to say the least, i really hope that in the upcoming patch for next/current gen, they improve it a bit. Other than that the game is master piece.

Also CP77 FTW, not.

Just try. Find local larpers, their leader will provide you with guidelines how to apply. It is a lot of fun.

I've been tabletop gaming since D&D was a thing in the late 70s. Have never LARPed because I've never been able to get past the suspension of disbelief, the hideous acting, and the poor social skills of many participants.

But I suppose it depends on one's style. My crew was always more of a joke-a-minute type, while some LARPers are oh so serious about being "in character". I can't imagine the social agony of spending an evening LARPing with, say, a group playing Vampire, with pimply 18-year-olds trying to act like centuries-aged vampire lords.

I'd rather have a few friends cracking wise as we roll dice and frequently detour into stories, movies, and bad jokes than everyone talking like we're in the Renn Faire from hell. The moment people start taking everything seriously is usually where I get bored.

@chihcherng said: Genshin Impact?

Free to try so nothing to lose but I hated it. My kids are obsessed with it.

Now if you want to earn some serious gamer cred, try NetHack. I beat it...once...