Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asian locations lacking providers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Asian locations lacking providers?

2»

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ed_Chd said:

• New Zealand

Wrong continent.

Did anyone mention Brunei?

(now I'm craving Brunei coconut rice)

Thanked by 1intovps
  • singapore is magnet asia and pacific

Thanked by 1intovps
  • @yoursunny said:

@Ed_Chd said:

• New Zealand

Wrong continent.

Did anyone mention Brunei?

(now I'm craving Brunei coconut rice)

Part of Asia-Pacific region still sir

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Philippines

Thanked by 1intovps
  • @kaz050457 said:
    Philippines

Bandwidth and IP is expensive in the Philippines. Anyway it will only route to hongkong or japan so if you are in Philippines better have a server in HongKong.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • no real reason to have a server there but somethere central asia?

Thanked by 1intovps
  • Thailand, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Philippines and Pakistan or Afghanistan?

Would I trust these countries? definitely not

• @intovps If I may suggest, instead of a 1TB bandwidth, please implement unlimited bandwidth but with speed drop after 1TB.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • few providers asking the same question, but rarely take action.

@intovps maybe you can give a list of the country you are interested in and take a vote? rather than asking people to say country which not even on your list

Thanked by 1intovps
  • intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@wpyoga said:
    @intovps If I may suggest, instead of a 1TB bandwidth, please implement unlimited bandwidth but with speed drop after 1TB.

I am not sure yet how 1TB will work with the Asian bandwidth pricing. :)

We'll see.

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@sibaper said:
    few providers asking the same question, but rarely take action.

@intovps maybe you can give a list of the country you are interested in and take a vote? rather than asking people to say country which not even on your list

Until now I was mainly thinking Singapore or Australia, but wanted to get some general feedback with random list of countries as well.

Some of the countries are not really possible due to political environment and other due to cost. But interesting info, nevertheless.

• SG with CN2

Thanked by 2intovps yoursunny
  • Would love to see Singapore!

Thanked by 1intovps
  • m247m247 Member

Japan is an important hub for submarine optical cables in Asia! Hong Kong has fallen. Choose Japan and Singapore, Taiwan seems to have very few hosting services!

Thanked by 1intovps
  • Singapore still biggest market in apac
    the market gap is network and local peering
    and don't come to jakarta (indonesia) if not used telkom peering like amazon and alibaba

Thanked by 1intovps
  • HaBangNetHaBangNet Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

No point using Singapore, Japan and Korea for Asia, as too much big provider is already offering at there with super low price. More over in Asia's with good bandwidth pricing is not cheap, if you compare with North America and Europe.

If really want Asia location, Thailand is really a good location, which do not have too much provider is offering with good niche for grow.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • Taiwan, South Korea, Japan

• Hong Kong, quality is hard to get.

• East Timor, Maldives, Armenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@HaBangNet said:
    No point using Singapore, Japan and Korea for Asia, as too much big provider is already offering at there with super low price. More over in Asia's with good bandwidth pricing is not cheap, if you compare with North America and Europe.

If really want Asia location, Thailand is really a good location, which do not have too much provider is offering with good niche for grow.

i can vouche easily for Cambodia. Especially when upstream have peering with CAT and Viettel for example. Low ping times to thailand and vietnam. one location to target eyeballs from 3 massive countries. however, to serve local market in any of these 3 countries, you need to have licence which is quite hard to gain.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Afghanistan.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • @Saahib said:
    Afghanistan.

Managed by Taliban

Thanked by 1intovps
  • Khabarovsk, only G-Core Labs provides services in this location.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • Singapore, to tighten the competition

Thanked by 1intovps
  • kp93kp93 Member

India - Recommended

@contabo_m also planning Mumbai location

I Wish it will be sooner !

Thanked by 1intovps
  • I assume you mean lacking "LET providers". The bandwidth cost in Asia makes running a server within the LET remit not workable. To provide those areas and at LET cheapness would be unsustainable.

Thanked by 1intovps