Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS protection for VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS protection for VPS

neverainneverain Member
edited August 2021 in General

Hello let people

I am setting up a web app on a VPS with users in Kerala, India. There aren't many reliable vps providers in India, the only two i could find are DigitalOcean and Linode and i decided to go with DigitalOcean because its closer to the user base (Bangalore DC).

I wanted to know how i can mitigate DDoS attacks, since both of them dont have layer 4 protection.

The steps I am planning to take are Geo-blocking everyone out of India and rate limiting to around 10 rq/s, this seems enough for now as I am not expecting big DDoS attacks but still, is there any more precautions i should take?

btw does extra 30 ms latency really make a difference if not, i could go with Nexusbytes or ovh since they have ddos protection

thanks

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

if it is a web app, latency shouldn't be a huge deal. try an ovh vps, since they have good ddos protection.

however, why not just cloudflare to just hide your server ip?

• OVH SG will be a good choice and what kind of web app it is?