Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› Happy 56th National Day, Singapore! 🇸🇬 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Happy 56th National Day, Singapore! 🇸🇬

13»

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@rhinoduck said:
    I thought your hard limit per term was lower than 56 USD :D But I can understand why one would make an exception for this offer.

Because today is a special day :)

I am also eagerly moving away from a certain cPanel host (which costs more than $56), this could serve as a great server for hosting sites.

• Out of stock, waiting for someone to cancel the order.

• @FAT32 said:

@rhinoduck said:
    I thought your hard limit per term was lower than 56 USD :D But I can understand why one would make an exception for this offer.

Because today is a special day :)

I am also eagerly moving away from a certain cPanel host (which costs more than $56), this could serve as a great server for hosting sites.

I see... "where there is want, one finds a reason" :D
    (meant as a joke, not as a poke at you)

Anyway, I hope the new addition to your swarm serves you well. And thanks for creating the incentives for hosts to post these awesome deals :p

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Sad again,i was cooking my dinner just now..Missed again... :'(

• creepcreep Member
    edited August 2021

Thank you for your order! Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that our order verification system has flagged your order.To verify this order, please send us a copy of your credit card, which has your name and the credit card number. You can black out the first 6 digits of the credit card. We apologize for any inconveniences that may result from this process. Thanks!

this is the most weird flex. Especially "send us a copy of your credit card".

something is off with this greencloudvps. At least I was expecting a refund of my pre-auth, but nothing in my bank lol.

• Ah damn. Working on National Day in Singapore has left me without a VPS to celebrate my country’s independence @NDTN moar pls?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@creep said:

Thank you for your order! Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that our order verification system has flagged your order.To verify this order, please send us a copy of your credit card, which has your name and the credit card number. You can black out the first 6 digits of the credit card. We apologize for any inconveniences that may result from this process. Thanks!

something is off with this greencloudvps. At least I was expecting a refund of my pre-auth, but nothing in my bank lol.

Knowing the credit card brand and bank name, and you can more or less determine the first four digits.
    Credit card number contains a checksum, so there's only one digit to guess.

The only company asked for a picture of my credit card is AliExpress.
    I did gave them as they are a reputable platform, although most sellers are shady.

• creepcreep Member
    edited August 2021

@yoursunny said:

@creep said:

Knowing the credit card brand and bank name, and you can more or less determine the first four digits.

I did gave them as they are a reputable platform, although most sellers are shady.

thats the weird part though, i had an experience dealing with a scam phone call, he was like "are xxxx your first four digits of your card?" congrats, you won a wheelchair. but to identify you are real, we need you to tell us the other digits so we can verify its you"

update: almost 1 hour and no refund to my pre-auth debit charge. they could just decline me if they wanted but no. this is very weird.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@creep said:

@yoursunny said:

@creep said:

thats the weird part though, i had an experience dealing with a scam phone call, he was like "are xxxx your first four digits of your card?" congrats, you won a wheelchair. but to identify you are real, we need you to tell us the other digits so we can verify its you"

update: almost 1 hour and no refund to my pre-auth debit charge. they could just decline me if they wanted but no. this is very weird.

Why not open a ticket on our website and get thing sorted? I was able to locate your order as it was the only one in Pending and went ahead to issue the refund. We only need additional verification once when Maxmind caught something. In most cases it can be resolved by communicating with our support - which is available 24/7.

Thanked by 2creep DarkCarnage
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2021

@NDTN said:

@creep said:

@yoursunny said:

@creep said:

Why not open a ticket on our website and get thing sorted? I was able to locate your order as it was the only one in Pending and went ahead to issue the refund. We only need additional verification once when Maxmind caught something. In most cases it can be resolved by communicating with our support - which is available 24/7.

For the BF GreencloudVPS offer- MaxMind flagged me my order as well. One ticket, copy of my id proof (not credit card) and the matter was resolved.Took less than half an hour for the entire process. Have more than a few VPS from them now.
    Worth a try to raise a ticket, certainly more productive than grumbling on LET.
    Maxmind is after all a software, that can be overridden by human judgement. Cheers

• @NDTN said:

@creep said:

@yoursunny said:

@creep said:

ah ok sorry bout that. It's just my first time experiencing this kind of flex. Few times in the past i would get rejected and got my pre-auth instantly. I mean i never experience a hosting asking me a copy of my debit card. I mean i'm okay if its paypal, bank, maxmind, and those kind of firms. But hosting asking for a copy of my debit card?

sorry if i trouble you, but this need to be changed. Let maxmind handle the transaction, not you manually verify through a copy of credit/debit card.

• @dosai said:

@ExpertVM said:
    coupon SG56ND

56% off for all new sign ups on any of our plans, valid for either monthly or yearly. it is only one-off so yearly would give most savings to you :)

Nice deal for 1TB storage,

How did you get an amount without GST? And does it show the discount as recurring?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited August 2021

@creep said:

@NDTN said:

@creep said:

@yoursunny said:

@creep said:

ah ok sorry bout that. It's just my first time experiencing this kind of flex. Few times in the past i would get rejected and got my pre-auth instantly. I mean i never experience a hosting asking me a copy of my debit card. I mean i'm okay if its paypal, bank, maxmind, and those kind of firms. But hosting asking for a copy of my debit card?

sorry if i trouble you, but this need to be changed. Let maxmind handle the transaction, not you manually verify through a copy of credit/debit card.

So, let me get this straight.. you walk into a store to purchase shit and are happy to hand your credit card over to the cashier to run a charge (Who can easily skim the card, if needed).

But somehow you take offense at the idea of a registered business asking for a copy of the debit card to ascertain the validity of an online transaction that was flagged by a piece of software that specializes in detecting fraud?

Color me confused! :lol:

PS: Maxmind doesnt handle the complete transaction. It is just a step to screen basic info in a series of steps that ultimately lead to a successful order.

Thanked by 1creep
  • edited August 2021

@vyas11 said:

@dosai said:

@ExpertVM said:
    coupon SG56ND

56% off for all new sign ups on any of our plans, valid for either monthly or yearly. it is only one-off so yearly would give most savings to you :)

Nice deal for 1TB storage,

How did you get an amount without GST? And does it show the discount as recurring?

If you use address outside Singapore it will be automatically removed. I ordered several hours ago but just received info that it was out of stock due to high demand. They give me two choice, waiting for preparing new server but without ETA and a full refund, so I choose full refund

Edit: discount applicable for the first year only.

• creepcreep Member
    edited August 2021

@K4Y5 said:

@creep said:

@NDTN said:

@creep said:

@yoursunny said:

@creep said:

So, let me get this straight.. you walk into a store to purchase shit and are happy to hand your credit card over to the cashier to run a charge (Who can easily skim the card, if needed).

But somehow you take offense at the idea of a registered business asking for a copy of the debit card to ascertain the validity of an online transaction that was flagged by a piece of software that specializes in detecting fraud?

PS: Maxmind doesnt handle the complete transaction. It is just a step to screen basic info in a series of steps that ultimately lead to a successful order.

thats a weird comparison. i don't even mind showing my underwear to the cashier as long as i know she works where, so for whatever happen to me i could find her easily.

well, expect that in virtual world. You would be fool to think those tiktok "girls" are real girls.

edit: oh and maybe i dont even know how maxmind works. any hostings here can confirm do you even need a copy of card for verification? or maxmind needs that? I'm not going to hijack this thread for whatever reason, i could just open a ticket but as i said earlier it was my first experience dealing this weird flex, so maybe anyone need to think twice and just order through paypal perhaps. Enjoy Singapore Independence day guys/

• Any more dedicated server offers ?

• @creep said:

@K4Y5 said:

@creep said:

@NDTN said:

@creep said:

@yoursunny said:

@creep said:

thats a weird comparison. i don't even mind showing my underwear to the cashier as long as i know she works where, so for whatever happen to me i could find her easily.

well, expect that in virtual world. You would be fool to think those tiktok "girls" are real girls.

edit: oh and maybe i dont even know how maxmind works. any hostings here can confirm do you even need a copy of card for verification? or maxmind needs that? I'm not going to hijack this thread for whatever reason, i could just open a ticket but as i said earlier it was my first experience dealing this weird flex, so maybe anyone need to think twice and just order through paypal perhaps. Enjoy Singapore Independence day guys/

I had to take a picture of myself with a piece of paper writing netcup on one hand and my billing address on the other hand when i verified with netcup.

Thanked by 1creep
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    I had to take a picture of myself with a piece of paper writing netcup on one hand and my billing address on the other hand when i verified with netcup.

I had to record a video of myself doing push-ups with a tablet showing Nexril logo when I verified with Nexril.
    I got a $24 off coupon afterwards.

Thanked by 1creep
  • Only 3 offers :neutral:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jugganuts said:
    Only 3 offers :neutral:

Well, it's SG after all.

If you're expecting more, wait 3 more months ;)

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @creep said:

? That's not a flex.

They're expecting you to follow up with proof of payment to complete the payment. I don't know why you'd expect to get some refund.

• @K4Y5 said:

@creep said:

@NDTN said:

@creep said:

@yoursunny said:

@creep said:

Are you American? Many parts of the world (like over a decade ago) have moved to a system (chip and pin) where you don't hand your card to anyone, anymore. They bring payment terminal to you, card never leaves your hand. The last time I remember talking about credit card skimming was almost 20 years ago.

edited August 2021

@jugganuts said:

I don't see what's wrong and I am actually very happy and appreciate to see that @seriesn @NDTN and @ExpertVM are so supportive and provided amazing offers so quickly.

Providers are not obligated to make deals but yet they provided such sweet and impressive offers within hours after this thread is created.

Thanks to all the providers who supported this and spend time providing offers for folks in Asia / Singapore when this isn't even a megathread, thanks for going the extra mile to make it happens :)

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

20% monthly recurring discount on All H4F Singapore VPS .
    Promo Code : SG56ND20%
    Order Link : https://www.h4f.net/singapore-vps/

Thanked by 3FAT32 xreann20 cold
  • @FAT32 said:

@jugganuts said:

I don't see what's wrong

Providers are not obligated to make deals but yet they provided such sweet and impressive offers within hours after this thread is created.

Calm down i never said anything was wrong and in fact was showing my support for another one of your threads but thanks for spewwing your PMS my way...

Thanked by 1FAT32

@jugganuts said:
    Calm down i never said anything was wrong and in fact was showing my support for another one of your threads but thanks for spewwing your PMS my way...

Don't worry I understand that :) I am also taking the opportunity to thank providers and not directed to anyone

• @jugganuts get some social skills, you're offensive.