Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you keep track of all your servers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you keep track of all your servers?

2»

Comments

• nvmenvme Member

New folder for every vps and synced to cloud using rclone.

• Just remember some website like kimsufi,contabo etc etc.then do login when i am in working mood. otherways i am too rich to hire staff to remember my login details :smiley:

• I use Google sheets and MobaXterm

Still looking for some opensource monitor similar to Hetrix , but no for Zabbix and NetData

• I upload videos of my server details to p@rnhub. Never lose a server again.

• @yoursunny said:
    No need to keep track.
    Servers are used once then thrown away.

1. Buy.
    2. YABS.
    3. Cancel.
    4. Chargeback.

🐶

You're doing it wrong.
    1. Pay
    2. I have this cool server, I'll use it for one of my future projects
    3. Forget about it
    4. Get a new invoice to remind you you still have it
    5. Goto 1.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I (ab)use password manager where I have a section for servers. Each one gets its own entry with all relevant data (panel login, IP(s), ...). Plus all of them evidently have an entry in .ssh/config. Plus, but that's luxury albeit sometimes useful, from time to time I update a map into which I put a location marker and basic data (vCores, mem, disk space, traffic vol., ...).
    Obviously the former two getting backed up regularly.

If I had many more servers I'd probably create a small app but I think it's not worth the effort for less than 50 or so systems.

• A: netbox and 1password

• h2oh2o Member
    1. Track of ip with domain.
    2. Track of status , here's mine , thx for nanokvm. @Neoon
    Thanked by 1Neoon
  • I try to keep an inventory in my-idlers and monitor everything with Hetrix and Icinga, with SSH sessions and keys managed in SuperPuTTY. But still I do occasionally get invoices for a vps or hosting that I have simply forgotten it existed.