Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is servercheap any good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is servercheap any good?

ArkasArkas Moderator

I'm looking for a U.S. based host that offers DirectAdmin cp. I found servercheap.net, but I've never heard of them before. Does anyone have experience with this company?
Any good promo codes?

Comments

• I had a very cheap promotional VPS for a year when they just started their bussiness years back. No problem at that time. It seems they’ve been expanding and improving through the years.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • my experience so far after has been awesome. I have been using servercheap for 4+ years now. Their I/O speeds and Up/Down speeds have been better than anything Amazon LightSail and Digital Ocean. And there's no comparison to other MOST of the offerings here at LowEndTalk. for the promotion I got back then, it has been the best deal I've got.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2021

"name and cheap hmmm server and cheap aaaaaaaah".

1GB for 2.99$, I would call it expensive, however, its still in the okay range.
    Also right in the header is a 10% off coupong, open your eyes padawan.

• Try it and if it's no good or a scam try another one

• @dahartigan said:
    Try it and if it's no good or a scam try another one

tldr: life

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @kevertje said:

@dahartigan said:
    Try it and if it's no good or a scam try another one

tldr: life

Pretty much lol

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited September 2021

They're playing off the namecheap name, which ofc is a very well established registrar.

• KassemKassem Member
    edited September 2021

There is this comment from 2020:

MRizk:

Do NOT use ServerCheap. Their network is extremely congested as they seem to be overselling. This is not the worst part though, the worst part is that they offer no money-back guarantee. I contacted their support less than an hour after placing the order to have the instance canceled and be issued a full refund, they ended up canceling the instance and rejecting my refund request!

I am escalating this issue with PayPal and if I don’t get my money back I’ll consider it a small fee for a lesson learned. From now, any hosting service with no money-back guarantee is a sketchy one and should be avoided regardless of what good promotions they have. It is a trap!

https://lowendbox.com/blog/servercheap-2gb-kvm-unmetered-2-99-mo-and-more/#comment-1220090

[Edit]
    They are also saying they provisioned 250000 servers in 6 years. Is that a normal amount of servers providers (doesn't apply to the big 3 obviously) provision in a year [41000 servers/year]?

• ^ Scam confirmed.

• I have one of my POP with them, solid uptime and can burst 1gbit when required. Can confidently recommend them. They are one of the best among my 30+ POPs.

This is the speed test result from my machine.

QvhT8J.png

Thanked by 1Arkas