Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The annual budget is less than 120 euros, please recommend a VPS alternative to contabo, thank you
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The annual budget is less than 120 euros, please recommend a VPS alternative to contabo, thank you

hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

Purpose: ARK Game, seafile file storage, website

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2021

LUX - BuyVM @Francisco
    Also got a couple of European locations with NexusBytes @seriesn

Thanked by 2Francisco seriesn
  • HostHatch has a sale including EU right now:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172966/deploy-high-quality-nvme-vms-in-14-global-locations-with-consistent-performance-eu-us-apac/p1

Specs doubled on 2 year plans. Amsterdam has 40gbit connectivity I believe.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

There's also PHP-Friends in Germany.

Thanked by 2Thundas Ympker
  • 120 euros including or excluding vat?

• @vyas11 said:
    120 euros including or excluding vat?

excluding vat

• With that budget, and a file storage I don't think there's much you can do, but here are my suggestions:

Entrybytes (120 USD yearly):
    4 xeon cores
    8 GB RAM
    100 GB

PHP-Friends (7.99€ X 12 yearly or 8.99€ monthly):
    2 amd dedicated cores
    10 GB RAM
    80 GB disk

Netcup (8.40€ X 12 yearly or 9.40€ X 6 bi-annualy or 10.40€ monthly)
    2 amd dedicated cores
    8 GB RAM
    160 GB disk

Hetzner (8.21€ monthly)
    3 cores
    4 GB of RAM
    80 GB disk

SpectraIP (6.50€ monthly)
    2 cores
    4 GB RAM
    100 GB disk

If you need more (fairly shared) cores, EntryBytes is the way to go. Top provider, super active here on LET.
    If you need more disk space, go with Netcup. Top provider also, no presence on LET and be super careful, always remember to cancel the contract 30 days in advanced. They are a bit hard on this subject.
    SpectraIP is also a good offer, not very present on LET but incredible service.

And a little extra offer, Kimsufi (10.99$ monthly):
    I3-2130
    8 GB of RAM
    2 TB disk

There's an one time setup fee of 11.99$, but for your use case it might be worth it.

Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

what are the resource requirement? RAM, CPU, Disk, Transfer...

• I would suggest you to go with Netcup. Their 8.40euro/mo (you need annual agreement to get this price, but you pay every 6 months so basically half now and half after 6 months) plan gives you:

2 dedicated cores/threads AMD EPYC with GB5 single core about 900-1000.
    8GB DDR4 ram
    160GB NVMe RAID10 with very high I/O limits
    2.5Gbps network. Throttles to 200Mbps if your usage is above 120TB or you use your port fully for extended period of time.
    DDoS Protection

You can also get "3 months free" with these codes (they work only for this exact RS1000 G9 server) and based on what I see in cart it will be 90 euro / yr.
    2716nc16281443934
    2716nc16281443933
    2716nc16281443932
    2716nc16281443931
    2716nc16281443930

Alternatively, here's just 5 euro off any order (except domains):
    36nc16281461200
    36nc16281461201
    36nc16281461202
    36nc16281461203
    36nc16281461204

You can redeem code here:
    https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/gutschein_einloesen.php

These codes are generated by me, as I use netcup for long time. Only downside is their strict policies: first of all if you live outside of Germany then most likely they will call you to verify and in some cases they need some proof. Their second policy that you need to be aware of is cancellation - you need to tell them that you want to cancel server 30 days before. If you wont cancel at all or do it some days before end of contract then it will autorenew.

They do it because they want only longterm customers as it allows then to be sustainable with such prices.

If you dont want to go with netcup then check PHP-Friends or Hetzner.

• ok,thx

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

What are you looking for that this provider doesn't offer you? Their prices are already market bottom, so pricing-wise you will have a hard time finding even cheaper offers than those. If it's not the price, it might help to state what you are after. More disk space, faster machines, better network, ... or whatever it is you are looking for might help to be able to provide you better targeted offers.

Regarding your 120€/yr budget, our Alwyzon Virtual Server M in Vienna could fit your bill:

Virtual Server M: 9,90 € per month for…
    8192 MB DDR4 ECC Memory
    4 vCore AMD® EPYC® (2nd Gen)
    100 GB SSD Storage (RAID 10)
    20 TB Monthly Bandwidth
    ✓ Located in Vienna, Austria
    ✓ 1x IPv4 + /64 IPv6 included
    ✓ Up to 1 Gbps Up-/Downlink

[[ ORDER NOW ]]
    (All prices excl. VAT)

No contracts/minimum terms; just monthly payments and the latest hardware. More details on www.alwyzon.com. See also: Looking Glass, Terms of Service, Legal Disclosure

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member
    edited August 2021

@AXYZE said:
    I would suggest you to go with Netcup. Their 8.40euro/mo (you need annual agreement to get this price, but you pay every 6 months so basically half now and half after 6 months) plan gives you:

8GB DDR4 ram
    2.5Gbps network. Throttles to 200Mbps if your usage is above 120TB or you use your port fully for extended period of time.
    DDoS Protection

You can also get "3 months free" with these codes (they work only for this exact RS1000 G9 server) and based on what I see in cart it will be 90 euro / yr.
    2716nc16281443934
    2716nc16281443933
    2716nc16281443932
    2716nc16281443931
    2716nc16281443930

36nc16281461200
    36nc16281461201
    36nc16281461202
    36nc16281461203
    36nc16281461204

These codes are generated by me, as I use netcup for long time. Only downside is their strict policies: first of all if you live outside of Germany then most likely they will call you to verify and in some cases they need some proof. Their second policy that you need to be aware of is cancellation - you need to tell them that you want to cancel server 30 days before. If you wont cancel at all or do it some days before end of contract then it will autorenew.

They do it because they want only longterm customers as it allows then to be sustainable with such prices.

netcup Registration is difficult, I am in China

• @alwyzon said: Virtual Server M: 9,90 € per quarter for…

if there is an option for that quarterly price I'd like to have one please ;-)
    your page says per month

Thanked by 1alwyzon
  • alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

@Falzo said: (...)

Sorry, result of copy/pasting offer templates; fixed the post. Sadly, I can't offer it for that low.

— Michael

• Other good alternative for you would be:

4 vCPU cores Xeon E5 2660
    8GB ECC RAM
    200GB HDD RAID-5 (SSD boost)
    Location - Oregon or Virginia, USA

6.99$ month - https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=7

• @alwyzon said: Sadly, I can't offer it for that low.

understandable.

a BF-comes-early 50% coupon on yearly payment just for me would be much appreciated still ;-) ;-) feel free to PM it to me any time ^^

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited August 2021

Must be in europe?

If not take a look at servarica offer

NVMe Tiger or Flying Fish SSD maybe suits for you

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • Both North America and Europe are available

hetzner likes it very much, but the price is too high, it takes 30 euros a month

• @hkbbdx said:
    Both North America and Europe are available

hetzner likes it very much, but the price is too high, it takes 30 euros a month

High for those specs? Are you drunk or what? :). Give me some of that stuff.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

why don't you list the specs you want?

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member
    edited August 2021

@bruh21 said:

1) >=4-8GB RAM
    2) atleast 500GB storage(1 TB would be ideal)
    3) 1GBps network port
    4) atleast 15TB network bandwidth
    5) good processor

Maximum budget is 15 euros per month

@hkbbdx said:

@bruh21 said:

1) >=4-8GB RAM
    2) atleast 500GB storage(1 TB would be ideal)
    3) 1GBps network port
    4) atleast 15TB network bandwidth
    5) good processor

Maximum budget is 15 euros per month

if new jersey is fine, then letbox maybe
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=122
    you can make this config for just under 15 euro:

4 ryzen vcpus (shared)
    8gb ram
    1tb sas hdd
    15tb bw @ 1gbps shared

Thanked by 1letbox
  • hkbbdxhkbbdx Member
    edited August 2021

Never touched

@hkbbdx said:
    ok,thx

also, if you are considering that, there is a substantial discount for yearly payments. it would be around 140 eur if you pay yearly

• @bruh21 said:

@hkbbdx said:
    ok,thx

also, if you are considering that, there is a substantial discount for yearly payments. it would be around 140 eur if you pay yearly

Are there any discounts for new users?

I have registered through your link

• Want Los Angeles or Dallas, not New Jersey

• @hkbbdx said:

@AXYZE said:
    I would suggest you to go with Netcup. Their 8.40euro/mo (you need annual agreement to get this price, but you pay every 6 months so basically half now and half after 6 months) plan gives you:

8GB DDR4 ram
    DDoS Protection

2716nc16281443934
    2716nc16281443933
    2716nc16281443932
    2716nc16281443931
    2716nc16281443930

36nc16281461200
    36nc16281461201
    36nc16281461202
    36nc16281461203
    36nc16281461204

netcup Registration is difficult, I am in China

You should write it in original post. A lot providers with good offers & low margins want to get many documents if you're from China. There's a lot of malware, scams, phishing, abuse etc. coming from Chinese customers and companies don't want to deal with troubles as it will completely eat their profit or cause loses. Its not your fault and you don't need to worry about privacy etc. German Law is very strict.

Also some companies charge VAT if you're outside of Europe (netcup charges 19% IIRC) and some don't (Hetzner). I can't give you full list, as I mainly use only these 2 providers and I live on Europe so I wasn't interested in it.

• Yes, I understand, hetzner, I have submitted the information and passed the review. I personally use seafile to store files.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@hkbbdx said:
    Purpose: ARK Game, seafile file storage, website

• Why leave Contabo? They are a premium provider with very good prices.
    • You'll highly likely end up unhappy again because of your attitude and approach. You should clearly specify what you need and want for your 120 or 150 €/year right from the start.
    • "good processor" is no specification (except of yourself, which risks to be understood as "I'm clueless, feel free to f_ck me over")

That said, I recommend to look at NexusBytes / @seriesn; their offers are at a sweet spot in terms of decent price, very decent VPS, and excellent support. Plus, and maybe even more important to you, they are honest and won't abuse your lack of experience and knowledge.

If your priority is 'low, low price' have a look at @hosthatch with their current promo. Good stuff for an insane price.

Thanked by 1seriesn

@hkbbdx said:

@bruh21 said:

@hkbbdx said:
    ok,thx

not that i know of, and it is not an affiliate link or anything. try messaging @key900

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@hkbbdx said:
    Want Los Angeles or Dallas, not New Jersey

@bruh21 said:

@hkbbdx said:

@bruh21 said:

@hkbbdx said:
    ok,thx

not that i know of, and it is not an affiliate link or anything. try messaging @key900

If you are looking to LAX we have E5 cpu in stock unfortunately not Ryzen you can check

E5 NVMe + Block Storage
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=109

E5 cpu Storage
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=111

Our prices already low as possible also it will fits your budget for sure. You can PM if there is any questions.

Regards!