Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasonable price hosting provider for very light usage - 10 domains max most redirects and 1 website - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reasonable price hosting provider for very light usage - 10 domains max most redirects and 1 website

2»

Comments

• lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
    edited October 2021

@adly said:
    Between those two, probably RackNerd. If you’re in the UK you should probably also go for somewhere in Europe, unless most of your customer base is in the US/Asia since both are based out of LA in the US.

Edit: they have some deals at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171295/shared-hosting-and-reseller-hosting-deals-jetbackup-softaculous-litespeed-cpanel-more/p1. Don’t think they do coupons, just custom packages for sales, but I may be wrong.

Where did you get that hostmayo are based out of LA? They are indian from what I have read and especially judging by the sparse broken english pages on their website :smirk:; not to take anything away from their purported quality of service for that point.

EDIT: actually Pakistan, they just confirmed.

• @lowendguy7 said:

@webcraft said:
    If you're looking for stability I can just second the recommendation for hosts.us. The mentioned issue was probably the only major issue with them in the last seven years I had services with them. Their support isn't the fastest but their staff seems knowledgeable so they're good to help at the first response usually.

second? No-one else had mentioned them in this thread :)

Sorry, a typo. I meant hostus.us.

• Wow, I hadn't been with hostmayo even a few hours before they went down! Harddrive issue they said. Well glad I found out sooner rather than later.

edited October 2021

@webcraft said:

Sorry, a typo. I meant hostus.us.

The trustpilot reviews are average. Don't do me like dat.

• adlyadly Veteran

@lowendguy7 said:

@adly said:
    Between those two, probably RackNerd. If you’re in the UK you should probably also go for somewhere in Europe, unless most of your customer base is in the US/Asia since both are based out of LA in the US.

Edit: they have some deals at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171295/shared-hosting-and-reseller-hosting-deals-jetbackup-softaculous-litespeed-cpanel-more/p1. Don’t think they do coupons, just custom packages for sales, but I may be wrong.

Where did you get that hostmayo are based out of LA? They are indian from what I have read and especially judging by the sparse broken english pages on their website :smirk:; not to take anything away from their purported quality of service for that point.

EDIT: actually Pakistan, they just confirmed.

Perhaps based was the wrong word - I was referring to where the servers are located in this case. I had no idea where they were actually run from, though I believe RackNerd does have an office in California.

• If Directadmin is acceptable, I would look at Nexusbytes
    I'm not usually into webhosting but I've helped a few customers with their websites and if they ask me where to host I point them to Nexusbytes. Never had a single problem with them.

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
    edited October 2021

@rcy026 said:
    If Directadmin is acceptable, I would look at Nexusbytes
    I'm not usually into webhosting but I've helped a few customers with their websites and if they ask me where to host I point them to Nexusbytes. Never had a single problem with them.

Exactly what I did :) before seeing your post. I saw them on the top 2020 providers as most reliable provider and have signed up with them today. Second hop now after hostmayo went down and unresponsive on support the next day after switching to them for only a few hours!

I am certainly willing to learn directadmin if NexusBytes are worth sticking with, which it seems they are from all the shining reports.