Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbrew down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbrew down

Hostbrew.com is down.
Nothing on their twitter or facebook pages (not that they update them often anyway).
I can't get to my VPS and it looks like their routes are gone too. 192.207.62.3
Anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

You can't BREW in a teapot.

• @loddington said:
    looks like their routes are gone too.

That's always a good sign

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Who?

• Who the fck is that?

Lol, one of marketing strategy..

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@loddington said:
    Hostbrew.com is down.
    Nothing on their twitter or facebook pages (not that they update them often anyway).
    I can't get to my VPS and it looks like their routes are gone too. 192.207.62.3
    Anyone know what is going on?

From their public WHOIS information, you can try calling +1.6468202303 for a freshly brewed cup of coffee.

Thanked by 1loddington
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

They're here - @HostBrew - but have not been active.

• @K4Y5 said:
    From their public WHOIS information, you can try calling +1.6468202303 for a freshly brewed cup of coffee.

Tried calling it yesterday, got answering machine and it said to go to their support portal for server issues, but left message anyway and haven't got a callback

• looks like it just came back on line.

• @loddington said:
    looks like it just came back on line.

Still haven't heard anything back, and at this point in process of migrating to a different provider....but at least I can get a backup of the state of this vps... cheap enough I might hang on to it for testing, but not going to be the production server anymore

• @TheJridiver said:

@loddington said:
    looks like it just came back on line.

Still haven't heard anything back, and at this point in process of migrating to a different provider....but at least I can get a backup of the state of this vps... cheap enough I might hang on to it for testing, but not going to be the production server anymore

and that was fun while it lasted...management console is slow, and vps is inaccessible again. At least I have a backup of it now though.

• edited August 2021

@TheJridiver said:
    and that was fun while it lasted...management console is slow, and vps is inaccessible again. At least I have a backup of it now though.

Any updates on this? According to the former Owner, it's not a deadpool but a case of the new owner being incompetent. The former owner is from my hometurf of Rochester, NY, but says he sold the company earlier this year:

@HostBrew said:
    HostBrew was sold earlier this year.
    Thanks,
    Martin Wright
    HostBrew, LLC
    Web Hosting Brewed to Perfection

Despite this claim, the main email is answered by the former owner, the phone number and whois info all points to the former owner so not sure how it can be under new ownership?

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@TheJridiver said:

Any updates on this? According to the former Owner, it's not a deadpool but a case of the new owner being incompetent. The former owner is from my hometurf of Rochester, NY, but says he sold the company earlier this year:

@HostBrew said:
    HostBrew was sold earlier this year.
    Thanks,
    Martin Wright
    HostBrew, LLC
    Web Hosting Brewed to Perfection

Despite this claim, the main email is answered by the former owner, the phone number and whois info all points to the former owner so not sure how it can be under new ownership?

My old vps is up and running at the moment, i have about 10 days left on this pay period, but even with an open support ticket, nobody has responded. regardless, with them being completely down for about 6 days with no communication, and i did hear elsewhere something about it being sold also, having already started onto another provider, thinking it's time to part ways with hostbrew.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions