Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

canada vs mexico
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

canada vs mexico

who ya'll got winning & playing us?

Comments

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

I think Mexico has the greater chance, but I'm going for Canadians eh!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @aqua said:
    I think Mexico has the greater chance, but I'm going for Canadians eh!

my team already won but I bet $500 on mexico odds clearly stacked, we'll see who wins.

• 300 up bless

• In what sport?

• @TimboJones said:
    In what sport?

Soccer Gold-Cup. Absolutely unimportant tournament imo. Mexico was playing with their B- or C-Eleven.

Thanked by 2JustPfff TimboJones
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I put 2 hookers on each side.

• @SirFoxy said:
    300 up bless

Blessed is the fruit

• @webcraft said: Mexico was playing with their B- or C-Eleven

I guess in Canada too there is no interest in soccer(football) after all.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@webcraft said: Absolutely unimportant tournament imo

The Olympics is a charity for commercially unviable sports.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @raindog308 said:

No wonder why cricket is not included in Olympics as it is mostly funded by fantasy league (betting) apps

@codelock said: No wonder why cricket is not included in Olympics as it is mostly funded by fantasy league (betting) apps

There's not an MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, or soccer player who wouldn't rather win their respective championship/World Cup/etc. than a gold medal.

But if Synchronized Equestrian Dance or Rhythmic Street Skating or Men's 5000 Meter Sashay (er, I mean, Walking) is your sport, then the Olympics are for you!

Thanked by 1JustPfff
  • @raindog308 said:

@codelock said: No wonder why cricket is not included in Olympics as it is mostly funded by fantasy league (betting) apps

There's not an MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, or soccer player who wouldn't rather win their respective championship/World Cup/etc. than a gold medal.

I think there might be a few exceptions like Gretzky who won a couple of Cups but playing for his country with really good teammates had to be on another level. Probably a few other Canadian hockey players.

And probably all female soccer players.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @raindog308 said:

This wasn't Olympics btw.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@SirFoxy pockets hurting?

• @aqua said:
    @SirFoxy pockets hurting?

haha no, my team was the us.

@webcraft said: This wasn't Olympics btw.

Shows how much I know about soccer. Er, I mean football. The other kind of football.

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited August 2021

@raindog308 said: Shows how much I know about soccer.

Damn that's the only thing makes me strange to American, I can chat with you about anything in life except soccer(football) I'll feel either I or you an alien from another planet.

@JustPfff said: Damn that's the only thing makes me strange to American, I can chat with you about anything in life except soccer(football) I'll feel either I or you an alien from another planet.

Well, we do play it, we just use one of the British names for it (soccer) and we also have a completely different game (football, which the world calls American Football). Tons of kids play soccer in grade school...it just hasn't caught on to the same extent as the big four (American football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, in that order I think). Still, there are pro leagues here and when I've gone to games the stadium is filled.

Our football is more of a rugby derivative though I think there's more strategy in it. To me, American Football seems like the most thinking-man's sports games, though a friend argues for baseball.

Soccer to me seems like hockey without the speed and toughness, but with boring out-of-bounds stoppages added in. @Nekki once related that it is a highly strategic game so I probably just don't understand it.

Now Australian football...that is truly from Mars.

Thanked by 1JustPfff
  • @raindog308 said:

@JustPfff said: Damn that's the only thing makes me strange to American, I can chat with you about anything in life except soccer(football) I'll feel either I or you an alien from another planet.

Well, we do play it, we just use one of the British names for it (soccer) and we also have a completely different game (football, which the world calls American Football). Tons of kids play soccer in grade school...it just hasn't caught on to the same extent as the big four (American football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, in that order I think). Still, there are pro leagues here and when I've gone to games the stadium is filled.

Our football is more of a rugby derivative though I think there's more strategy in it. To me, American Football seems like the most thinking-man's sports games, though a friend argues for baseball.

Soccer to me seems like hockey without the speed and toughness, but with boring out-of-bounds stoppages added in. @Nekki once related that it is a highly strategic game so I probably just don't understand it.

Now Australian football...that is truly from Mars.

soccer is one of the highest stamina sports, unlike american football and baseball you are generally playing for 45 minutes at a time without breaks.

@SirFoxy said: soccer is one of the highest stamina sports, unlike american football and baseball you are generally playing for 45 minutes at a time without breaks.

True, but that's rather orthogonal to everything I said. I wasn't saying it wasn't physically demanding, just slower (running compared to skating), and soccer players don't slam each other into walls. They also seem to collapse in utter agony whenever someone gives them the slightest bump. Not as bad as basketball players though.

Oddly enough, baseball may be the most dangerous sport because kids die every year catching fastballs in their helmeted heads.

• @raindog308 said:

@SirFoxy said: soccer is one of the highest stamina sports, unlike american football and baseball you are generally playing for 45 minutes at a time without breaks.

True, but that's rather orthogonal to everything I said. I wasn't saying it wasn't physically demanding, just slower (running compared to skating), and soccer players don't slam each other into walls. They also seem to collapse in utter agony whenever someone gives them the slightest bump. Not as bad as basketball players though.

Oddly enough, baseball may be the most dangerous sport because kids die every year catching fastballs in their helmeted heads.

lol futsal is like the hockey equivalent of soccer, played usually in the winter as its indoors.

• @raindog308 said: Soccer to me seems like hockey without the speed and toughness, but with boring out-of-bounds stoppages added in. @Nekki once related that it is a highly strategic game so I probably just don't understand it.

I don't think it's makes any different from any team play sports, even the rules different but you can somehow link it to (Americans football) which includes having a ball and the players runs around the field,
    I think most of us obsessed about soccer(football) is it legend player and coaches who change the game over time.

• it's easy to play game you can play it anywhere anytime cost almost nothing, and it's a global culture
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Why are there more soccer moms than football moms? I mean in usage of the term.

• @Arkas said:

you call football moms karens

• See Taiwan kicked the shit out of China in badminton. Fuck you China.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Soccer is boring as fuck, it's like watching paint dry. Football is slightly better, the brain injury factor adds to the entertainment.

Rugby is better than both of them, wish it was more popular here.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @SirFoxy said:
    soccer is one of the highest stamina sports, unlike american football and baseball you are generally playing for 45 minutes at a time without breaks.

Which is why it's so perplexing that it's so goddamn boring. But explains the dramatic injuries when the wind blows the wrong way.

• @Arkas said:

Because there's a ton of little girls playing soccer but not football. So there's more Soccer moms.

• My Google news feed said something about Canada beating the US in women's soccer. Just sayin'.

@SirFoxy lose any money on that match? With the US beating Canada so often, I figured Canadian betters made a killing.

• @TimboJones said:
    My Google news feed said something about Canada beating the US in women's soccer. Just sayin'.

@SirFoxy lose any money on that match? With the US beating Canada so often, I figured Canadian betters made a killing.

I never really watch women's soccer unless I'm out at a bar and it's the only thing on tbh.