Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★39$/m LIFETIME DEAL★ Baremetal Xeon 4cores 3.5Ghz | 32GB RAM | APAC & DE residents only [OVHcloud]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★39$/m LIFETIME DEAL★ Baremetal Xeon 4cores 3.5Ghz | 32GB RAM | APAC & DE residents only [OVHcloud]

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Exclusive offer on Powerful and budget friendly professional Dedicated servers "RISE-1"

• Starting from US$39.55/month
  • Offer valid for as long as you keep your server
  • The most competitive price-performance ratio for professional Dedicated servers
  • Limited to the first 400 servers ordered.
  • Hosting locations in Europe & North America
  • Valid for APAC & DE residents only via websites listed below.

3 offers based on commitment:

• 18% OFF LIFETIME on a month to month plan (Setup fee applies) --> US$ 51.65/month (+Setup fee)
  • 27% OFF LIFETIME with a 12-month commitment + No setup fee --> US$ 45.33/month
  • 37% OFF LIFETIME with a 24-month commitment + No setup fee --> US$ 39.55/month

Discount is only applied on the base price of a RISE-1 Dedicated Server (=excluding paid options)

Rise-1 Dedicated Server:

• Intel Xeon E3-1230v6 - 4c/8t - 3.5 GHz/3.9 GHz
  • 32 GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz (or 64GB RAM paid option)
  • 2 x 2TB HDD SATA (or SSD NVMe disks and hybrid paid options)
  • 500Mbps bandwidth
  • Unmetered data traffic
  • Anti-DDoS Protection included
  • 500GB free backup storage space (up to 10TB paid options)
  • Each server has a public IPv4 address and an IPv6 address range (Up to 256 IPv4 with one-off fee/IPv4 – no monthly recurring fee)

Offer exclusively available to Asia-Pacific residents & Germany AND only via the following websites:

About OVH
OVHcloud is a global player and the leading European cloud provider operating 400,000 servers within its own 32 data centers across 4 continents. For more than 20 years, the Group has been leveraging an integrated model that provides full control of our value chain, from designing our servers to managing our data centers through to orchestrating our fibre-optic network. This unique approach enables OVHcloud to cover, independently, the full spectrum of use cases for our 1.6 million customers across 140 countries. OVHcloud now offers customers the latest-generation solutions that combine high performance, predictable pricing and full data sovereignty to support their unfettered growth.

Comments

• @OVH_APAC Are there any promo for APAC? By the way, the deal isn't updated in IE site (https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-ie/bare-metal/rise/rise-1/)

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@mrclown said:
    @OVH_APAC Are there any promo for APAC? By the way, the deal isn't updated in IE site (https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-ie/bare-metal/rise/rise-1/)

Hello @mrclown ,
    This offer is exclusively available to Asia-Pacific residents & Germany AND only via the following websites (therefore not available on any other OVHcloud websites)

There is no current deals but still great prices for servers hosted in our APAC datacenters (Australia and Singapore).

• Confusing deal tbh

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited July 2021

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hello @mrclown ,
    This offer is exclusively available to Asia-Pacific residents & Germany AND only via the following websites (therefore not available on any other OVHcloud websites)

There is no current deals but still great prices for servers hosted in our APAC datacenters (Australia and Singapore).

@OVH_APAC The deal is for APAC residents but not applicable for RISE-APAC servers. How does that fit in? Well, I really hope there is a good deal after a long time.

• Uhm..what?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@OVH_APAC I know it is possible to transfer existing IPs from SYS to OVH (eventually paying setup fee again) - does this work regardless of the region?
    so, if I have a SYS server in france/gravelines with additional IPs, can I move them to my OVH account and attach to a server in germany/limburg?

• @mrclown said:
    @OVH_APAC Are there any promo for APAC? By the way, the deal isn't updated in IE site (https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-ie/bare-metal/rise/rise-1/)

Yep I second that!
    Also for anyone interested I now see they are now peering with Google in Syd.

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2021

@OVH_APAC said:

• Valid for APAC & DE residents only via websites listed below.

really STUPID.. :-1:
    What this means? That only Germany and Asia citizens can order/buy??
    If yes pretty stupid.. And very good way to make angry all other customers and feeling they shitted (incl me) :-1: This genius idea must be made by any pretty stupid and on the head dropped OVH "sales manager genie".. As technicians most time do great work, sales managers most time do great shits, nonsense & stupidities.

• miumiu Member

Another question: Why should Germans pay more for exactly the same server than Asians do??

Person who made this promotion and its "conditions" must be really genie

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Must've been Christina Aguilera.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • DrvDrv Member

@miu said:
    Another question: Why should Germans pay more for exactly the same server than Asians do??

Cause germans have more money than asians. /s.

• miumiu Member

@Drv said:

@miu said:

Cause germans have more money than asians. /s.

No.. After plandemic begin, now Asians are more rich :smiley:

• @Falzo said:
    @OVH_APAC I know it is possible to transfer existing IPs from SYS to OVH (eventually paying setup fee again) - does this work regardless of the region?
    so, if I have a SYS server in france/gravelines with additional IPs, can I move them to my OVH account and attach to a server in germany/limburg?

You can't move IP's to another region at OVH.

• eriseris Member

VAT and no VAT

• JabJabJabJab Member

@OVH_APAC said: Offer exclusively available to Asia-Pacific residents & Germany AND only via the following websites:

Wasn't this illegal in EU? Like offering product to one nation not the rest?

• pedagangpedagang Member
    edited July 2021
  • Why not open to US residents? Makes so sense.

Thanked by 2pedagang justchil
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@jordynegen11 said:

@Falzo said:

You can't move IP's to another region at OVH.

yeah that's what I know from their public cloud and hence the question if this finally got somehow resolved at least for europe or if dedis are different in that regard...

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2021

@network33 said:
    Why not open to US residents? Makes so sense.

Truth. And do not forget exclusively include also EU residents into this exclusive unique inclusive promotion!

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Every single Rise-1 server I've gotten the CPU is an E3-1270v6. Might grab a deal if it continues this way...

@aqua said:
    Every single Rise-1 server I've gotten the CPU is an E3-1270v6. Might grab a deal if it continues this way...

We generally show the lowest specs on the website but you are right that some server could be delivered with a E3-1270v6 CPU instead of the Intel Xeon E3-1230v6 advertised.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Guys, the guy posting this is OVH_APAC = OVH Asia Pacific, get the main ovh account to post their own deals.

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited July 2021

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    Guys, the guy posting this is OVH_APAC = OVH Asia Pacific, get the main ovh account to post their own deals.

@OVH_APAC is posting deals for other regions except APAC servers in this thread. Good but really strange deal.

• Something really wrong (morally) with this deal OVH.

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited July 2021

@network33 said:
    Something really wrong (morally) with this deal OVH.

How so, morally wrong?

Regional promotions, intended for the residents of those regions. This happens all of the time in non-hosting markets. It's certainly not morally wrong.

Thanked by 2Thundas Daniel15
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

@miu said:

Just read what is written after price. Price in euro includes taxes.

• miumiu Member
    edited July 2021

@AXYZE said:

@miu said:

Just read what is written after price. Price in euro includes taxes.

Trurth. But still it is nice feeling & promotion when Germans must pay more for the same server in Germany! than rest of the world.

@angstrom said:

@network33 said:
    Something really wrong (morally) with this deal OVH.

How so, morally wrong?

Regional promotions, intended for the residents of those regions. This happens all of the time in non-hosting markets. It's certainly not morally wrong.

Thank you both for your feedbacks, I aimed to be clear in the offer title with the geo limitation of this promo (to APAC and DE) but I can understand your point. Will bring this up internally for future promos.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

Wish this was also on rise2 and up

• @mrclown said:
    Good but really strange deal.

Im kind of inexperienced, but i wanted to ask, isnt the cheap hetzner ax42 still specs and price wise a better deal?
    Or are the workstation intel cpus a better fit for production than consumer amd cpus, even though they have less performance on paper?