Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gdnsd stuck
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

gdnsd stuck

imgmoneyimgmoney Member
edited July 2021 in Help

Hi All,

I am trying out gdnsd 3.7.0 on Ubuntu 20.04, when I am trying to start the gdnsd , It is getting stuck over here

info: gdnsd version 3.7.0 @ pid 12656
warning: No config file at '/usr/local/etc/gdnsd/config', using defaults
warning: Defaulting to listen=>any for lack of explicit listen config.  Please explicitly configure it, as default behaviors may change in future releases!
info: DNS listener threads (2 UDP + 2 TCP) configured for 0.0.0.0:53
info: DNS listener threads (2 UDP + 2 TCP) configured for [::]:53
info: rfc1035: Loaded 0 zonefiles from '/usr/local/etc/gdnsd/zones/'
info: Raised open files soft limit to 1148
warning: getsockopt(TCP:0.0.0.0:53, SOL_TCP, TCP_FASTOPEN) failed: Protocol not available
warning: getsockopt(TCP:0.0.0.0:53, SOL_TCP, TCP_FASTOPEN) failed: Protocol not available
warning: getsockopt(TCP:[::]:53, SOL_TCP, TCP_FASTOPEN) failed: Protocol not available
warning: getsockopt(TCP:[::]:53, SOL_TCP, TCP_FASTOPEN) failed: Protocol not available
debug: using sendmmsg()/recvmmsg() interfaces for UDP
info: DNS listeners started
debug: Entering runtime loop in main thread, listening to control socket

It did not get complete, and if I give ctrl + z, then the process get exited

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Ban OP.

• @deank said: Ban OP.

I created the thread, and it got solved immediately. And so I immediately edited it and flagged it for removal. But I believe, admin is not online. Once they are online, they will be removed.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It's in the rules.

You never erase the content of your thread. It's generally done to erase one's stupidity.

• JioJio Member

delete the thread

ban the user

• pqhostingpqhosting Member, Host Rep

@imgmoney said:
    delete the thread

Someone went against the rules

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@imgmoney said: Once they are online, they will be removed.

They are online and they were restored.

Thanked by 2Clouvider ViridWeb
  • imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited July 2021

Let me update the solution, it is a foreground process. So I have used the alternative command.

• @deank said: You never erase the content of your thread. It's generally done to erase one's stupidity.

I have deleted the thread as soon it is created before other people made the reply.