Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowest End on LET? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowest End on LET?

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@randomq said: I think all Ryzen's support ECC, given the right memory and motherboard.

I thought ECC vs non-ECC was independent of CPU regardless...the mobo presented RAM as RAM and did the ECC part on its side.

Maybe I'm wrong on that.

• The CPU must support ECC. Intel is notorious for not having consumer grade ECC because they want to deter professional use of consumer grade components.

Also when we said lowest end I had assumed we meant any ram amount minimal cost. Because I know over the years $1 a year plans have existed.

• coldcold Member

@georgedatacenter said:

@randomq said:

@neverain said:
    Nobody mentioned @georgedatacenter $5/year 1 gb ram, 25 gb ssd deal?

Yeah, but is it run out of his garage?

that's an insult?

a demand, to get us some more 5$ offers ?

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter
  • @raindog308 said:
    I thought ECC vs non-ECC was independent of CPU regardless...the mobo presented RAM as RAM and did the ECC part on its side.

It technically is since ECC is implemented on the memory controller not the CPU, it just happens to be that way because modern CPUs now have integrated controllers.

Thanked by 1raindog308