Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with NexusBytes - 2 Month Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues with NexusBytes - 2 Month Review

edited July 2021 in Reviews

No issues, solid as a rock. Signed up for NexusBytes.com backup storage account 2 months ago. Trouble free, fast, support is competent & friendly.

Nahian @seriesn helps me sleep at night knowing he's got my back-up.

Thanked by 3mike1s seriesn risharde

Comments

• momkinmomkin Member

good for you !

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Offshore_Solutions said: helps me sleep at night knowing he's got my back-up

PDA, TMI.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • Clickbait

• chipchip Member
    edited July 2021

I was gonna say you've not had issues with nexus bytes @seriesn runs a tight ship.... ive been a customer for over a year....my only complaint is: I can't complain.... nexusbytes are amazing

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited July 2021

The real question: who's better? NexusBytes or Don Dias, Master of Ponies @Francisco (BuyVM).

• @mike1s said: The real question: who's better? NexusBytes or King Fran (BuyVM).

Cociu

• JioJio Member

@mike1s said: The real question: who's better? NexusBytes or Don Dias, Master of Ponies @Francisco (BuyVM).

i think they are different use case and customer base. If i was hosting legitimate service, sites for small business, I would not want them in the buyvm neighbourhood of minecraft dumpster dive, private servers, and constant attack traffic

• Weird title i was pretty sure there was a sad story behind this post xD

• God damn it! I was saving this thread thinking something broke and Drama incoming. Not sure if I should feel disappointed or happy. Good one @Offshore_Solutions! You got me this time brother <3

Thank you!

@mike1s said:
    The real question: who's better? NexusBytes or Don Dias, Master of Ponies @Francisco (BuyVM).

Bad question sir. Fran is the king of LE world and even to some extent ME world. Not a fair comparison and I have nothing but utmost respect for the legend!

We on the other hand are still at our early stage. Growing steadily with the love and support of our family members <3.

• mike1smike1s Member

@seriesn said:

@mike1s said:

Bad question sir. Fran is the king of LE world and even to some extent ME world. Not a fair comparison and I have nothing but utmost respect for the legend!

We on the other hand are still at our early stage. Growing steadily with the love and support of our family members <3.

Oh I know, both of you guys are great. I was being silly.

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

You probably shouldn't post what you guys do in the bedroom.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@Offshore_Solutions said:

It's {current_year}, don't kink shame.

• @TimboJones said:

Turns out, Jay used to be my neighbor a few towns away until he moved to the big city.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@TimboJones said:

Turns out, Jay used to be my neighbor a few towns away until he moved to the big city.

Who dropped the soap though?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

No issues, solid as a rock.

vs

title says:
    Issues with NexusBytes

Not funny at all.

@seriesn said:
    Fran is the king of LE world and even to some extent ME world. Not a fair comparison and I have nothing but utmost respect for the legend!

So, should I leave NexusBytes and change over to BuyVM? After all you yourself seem to suggest that he/his operation is superior ...

In other words (and I say that after already some iterations from you): one can respect and value another provider but still not kiss his a__ but proudly stand for one's own operation, in particular when it's a really good one like yours.

NexusBytes isn't a small and hardly known nobody anymore, you have earned the 'top provider' tag, so kindly behave like one.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

Ah. humility. A much valued and rarely experienced virtue
    @seriesn

Thanked by 2seriesn Salomon123
  • I expect some high quality drama.. but nah..

• edited July 2021

@jsg said:
    Not funny at all.

Ouch! Are you sure you're not German by ancestry? Jay thought it was funny & that's who I wrote my joke for.

@jsg said:
    one can respect and value another provider but still not kiss his ass but proudly stand for one's own operation

As @vyas11 said, most, (outside of your culture), would find @seriesn's humility refreshing. He knows he's the best but demonstrates virtue by letting his customers honk the horn for him.

Thanked by 1Salomon123
    edited July 2021

Ouch! Are you sure you're not German by ancestry? Jay thought it was funny & that's who I wrote my joke for.

Threads are open for everyone to read.

@jsg said:
    one can respect and value another provider but still not kiss his ass but proudly stand for one's own operation

As @vyas11 said, most, (outside of your culture), would find @seriesn's humility refreshing. He knows he's the best but demonstrates virtue by letting his customers honk the horn for him.

I value humility too, also with @seriesn; in fact I like it a lot. But humility != kissing a__, plus (like with almost everything) a provider must find a sound balance and always make sure that his company doesn't look like an underdog. Besides, overdoing humility risks to go wrong.

Btw,

@seriesn said:

could also easily be misunderstood as meaning "bow down and no matter what, put yourself below Fran or else ..."

Of course there are about as many interpretations as there are humans; that's why representing a company isn't always easy and why extremes usually should be avoided.

Whatever, I'm a big NexusBytes and seriesn fan and that isn't about to change easily. Them/him being humble and respecting "the elders" is positive in my books but bowing down certainly isn't. I want to see my (very few and hand picked) favorite providers stand upright.

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@TimboJones said:

Oh shit, tell me it went like this:

You: hey, you're from India? Home of like a billion people... Do you know $Bob (where Bob is a common Indian name)?

Jay: you mean $Bob $bunch_more_names $Lastname?

You: yeah! Him!

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@jsg said: So, should I leave NexusBytes and change over to BuyVM? After all you yourself seem to suggest that he/his operation is superior ...

NA, You should come over to the dark side www.RPiServers.com. >:)

But on topic of this thread. @seriesn runs a good ship and haven't had any issues. Very helpful as well!

• @TimboJones said:

@TimboJones said:

Oh shit, tell me it went like this:

You: hey, you're from India? Home of like a billion people... Do you know $Bob (where Bob is a common Indian name)?

Jay: you mean $Bob $bunch_more_names $Lastname?

You: yeah! Him!

Just look for me at your nearest gas station 🤣

@jsg said:

Threads are open for everyone to read.

@jsg said:

I value humility too, also with @seriesn; in fact I like it a lot. But humility != kissing a__, plus (like with almost everything) a provider must find a sound balance and always make sure that his company doesn't look like an underdog. Besides, overdoing humility risks to go wrong.

Btw,

@seriesn said:

could also easily be misunderstood as meaning "bow down and no matter what, put yourself below Fran or else ..."

Of course there are about as many interpretations as there are humans; that's why representing a company isn't always easy and why extremes usually should be avoided.

Whatever, I'm a big NexusBytes and seriesn fan and that isn't about to change easily. Them/him being humble and respecting "the elders" is positive in my books but bowing down certainly isn't. I want to see my (very few and hand picked) favorite providers stand upright.

I can see how my message might have come across.

Fran is someone that I admire and adore and respect. I also consider him a good mentor for the times when I had question. Not only personal but I also have business relationship with him as I have leased out virtual and physical resources from him when needed. Hence what I wrote.

With that said, absolutely not! Do not leave the family or I have to hire Italian Mafias to hunt you down 😅.

Reviews like this and comments like yours humbles us everyday and makes us want to be better.

Talking about better, stay tuned. Some exciting things are coming soon at a post near you ;)

@seriesn said:
    With that said, absolutely not [leave and switch to Francisco]! Do not leave the family or I have to hire Italian Mafias to hunt you down 😅.

Thanks, that sounds like a perfect excuse to stay with NexusBytes. Oh and an extra Thank you for threatening me not with Mafia but with Mafias, plural. Now bloody nobody will dare to question my staying a loyal (and perfectly happy) customer of yours.

That said, I understand well that - and why - you have a lot of respect for @Francisco, but you are no grasshopper anymore, so I stubbornly stick to considering you a top provider, too (and why should we mere mortals care about the internal love affairs on mount Olympus anyway).

Thanked by 1seriesn