Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help ftp remote to upload and download files
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help ftp remote to upload and download files

sucre13sucre13 Member

I hope they help me, it happens that I want to copy all the files from a vps that is full to another that is just bought I use the get command but to copy a file an example would be if all my files on my website are in the public_html folder that includes a subfolder which has content which would be the separate command I would like to know I also use the put command to upload a security file but I can only upload a file can you help me it would be the same question as get

eye I know that I can compress all the files but since I don't have space on the disk, I can't, that's why I need to copy all the files by remote ftp, sorry for not knowing how to explain well

Comments

• Try rsync that's best option and copies all files easily.

Thanked by 1sucre13
  • Modify this command and use it.

rsync -avHl --exclude-from={'folder1','folder2'} /path/to/copy/ root@newserverIP:/path/to/paste/

Thanked by 1sucre13
  • @imgmoney said:
    Modify this command and use it.

rsync -avHl --exclude-from={'folder1','folder2'} /path/to/copy/ root@newserverIP:/path/to/paste/

I would like to know what the command would be for if there is an interruption in my house, the console is closed, follow the process that is not interrupted, excuse my English, if I am executing the process and there is a power outage, the process will be interrupted as I do if that happens to me, the process is not interrupted

• @sucre13 said:

@imgmoney said:
    Modify this command and use it.

I would like to know what the command would be for if there is an interruption in my house, the console is closed, follow the process that is not interrupted, excuse my English, if I am executing the process and there is a power outage, the process will be interrupted as I do if that happens to me, the process is not interrupted

Add "screen" in front of the command