Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anybody able to get Oracle NAT or IPv6 DHCP working?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody able to get Oracle NAT or IPv6 DHCP working?

I am trying to maximize my use of Oracle free resources so I have two AMD VMs with IPv4 and two ARM with IPv6 only. It’s working great but there are two things I haven’t been able to get working:

-IPv6 DHCP, I think it worked once but I can’t remember what I did to get it working and could never make it work again. There is no response to DHCP 6 requests. Network works fine when I manually assign the IPs to the interface.

-NAT gateway. Granted I have only one subnet right now with a mix of public and private IPv4 VMs. I tried changing the Internet Gateway to route only to my home IP so that I can keep my SSH connection and then add the NAT gateway as default route but still no routing from any of the VMs.

Comments

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

IPv6 DHCP -
    1. Create a VCN using the wizard. Assign IPv6 to it. Create a new public subnet manually and assign IPv6 to it. Create an instance in the new subnet. Go to the VNIC of the instance you created and add the IPv6 address.

1. Got to VCN -> route tables -> select the route table applied to your subnet. -> add route rules -> protocol version ipv6 -> target type 'internet gateway' -> destination CIDR block ::/0 -> target internet gateway in '[select the desired option, by default there is only one.]' -> add route rules/ confirm.
      Allow ::/0 egress to all ports and all protocols in the security list (firewall) of the VCN.

2. Enable IPv6 on guest OS, if you're using CentOS
      systemctl disable rhel-import-state
      Add DHCPV6C=yes to /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-ens3
      reboot
      dhcpv6 will assign it to the VNIC of the instance.