Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel "Webmail" can No longer receive mail after I changed the DNS MX TXT to zoho?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel "Webmail" can No longer receive mail after I changed the DNS MX TXT to zoho?

ChuckChuck Member

I can still create email and send mail using cPanel "Webmail"...but...
If I try to send email to the cPanel "Webmail" address (for example use gmail to send email to the cPanel "Webmail" address, gmail will return with the:

Address not found

The response from the remote server was:
550 5.1.1

How do I fix this? Because of zoho Free plan only allow 5 email accounts.

That why I also want to use email address in cPanel "Webmail"

I use cloudflare DNS for management.

Comments

• jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred
    edited July 2021

In simple DNS terms, an MX record is used to tell the world which mail servers accept incoming mail for your domain and where emails sent to your domain should be routed to. If your MX records are not pointed to the correct location, you will not receive email.
    On your setup, only zoho can receive emails for your domain.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • ChuckChuck Member

Is there a way to use both zoho and cPanel "Webmail"?
    I also don't mind to drop zoho to another email hosting service.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Imagine sending an email to your address, how could the same mail be sent to two different servers?

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • just migrate your zoho to cpanel

• JasonMJasonM Member

You can just forward that zoho mail to cPanel webmail or any other 3rd party email provider. You'll need authentication though! Once that done you can receive email as if it is received from original sender to your webmail.

• you essentially told the internet you didn't want cpanel to receive your mail and wanted zoho to instead, like others said alternatively you could forward it.

• @Chuck said: How do I fix this? Because of zoho Free plan only allow 5 email accounts.

Try Yandex maybe? But then your data is at risk. If you can throw bucks then @WebHorizon have unlimited email accounts and domains.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171534/eid-mubarak-guys-hosting-deals-from-webhorizon#latest

Never tried mxroute, but people say they are prem. @jar can also help.

Thanked by 2Chuck Abd
  • @Boogeyman said:

@Chuck said: How do I fix this? Because of zoho Free plan only allow 5 email accounts.

Try Yandex maybe? But then your data is at risk. If you can throw bucks then @WebHorizon have unlimited email accounts and domains.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171534/eid-mubarak-guys-hosting-deals-from-webhorizon#latest

Never tried mxroute, but people say they are prem. @jar can also help.

WebHorizon using MXRoute, but yeah, cheaper package..

Thanked by 1Boogeyman