Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I use a hosting billing software for other use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I use a hosting billing software for other use?

xiblxibl Member

I do trading works and web design can I use a hosting billing software for that purpose

Comments

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

Yes. Why not?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Read ToS.

I know it requires will power to be able to read, but you have to read text at some point.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • xiblxibl Member

@kkrajk said:
    Yes. Why not?

Thanks what software do you recommend for my purpose as I do not do hosting business in that sense. Of course I have a few customers that I do design and have put them on a VPS but I receive payment for general purpose of site management

• xiblxibl Member

@deank said:
    Read ToS.

I know it requires will power to be able to read, but you have to read text at some point.

Why don't you wake up and spend your time in a better way ?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@xibl said:
    I do trading works and web design can I use a hosting billing software for that purpose

Yes, you could, we support freelancers for all types of businesses. Not just hosting. Would you be looking for a service you hosted yourself or one that's already hosted for you? Because if it's the latter we could help you with that.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@xibl said:

Right back at you. Do read ToS. There have been cases where developers of software prohibit usage of their software in certain conditions.

• xiblxibl Member

@deank said:

@xibl said:

Right back at you. Do read ToS. There have been cases where developers of software prohibit usage of their software in certain conditions.

Oh sorry I misunderstood .

• @xibl said:

Why don't you wake up and ask your questions to the sales department of billing software that you plan to use?

This might help to spend your time in a better way?

• redcatredcat Member

The best part of waking up is trollgers in your cup!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

@deank said:

I once read Microsoft Windows 95 EULA back-to-back.
    I discovered that:

• I cannot run a nuclear facility with Windows 95.
    • If Windows 95 malfunctions (when not being used in a nuclear facility) and caused me business loss, Microsoft can compensate me up to one dollar (if I bought non nulled Windows 95, that is).

I wonder how many people claimed their dollar when Windows 95 crashed after 49 days.

• xiblxibl Member

@alexvolk said:

@xibl said:

Why don't you wake up and ask your questions to the sales department of billing software that you plan to use?

Why don't you mind your business and just go away ?

Thanked by 2ezeth xreann20
  • @xibl said:

You came here asking questions and now you're saying go away?

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@xibl said:

@alexvolk said:

@xibl said:

Ignore them. They are going nowhere. https://youtu.be/bJlcNOS_TNc?t=101. Todays generation of soyboy in tight shorts. Too busy taking pictures of their food to answer your questions other than forwarding it to someone else in a disrespectful manner. There's no hope. The 60s were the best time when we cared to help eachother..

If lowendtalk is dying it's because new people like @xibl first impression of this forum is by people like this who are rude and disrespectful

@alexvolk said:

@xibl said:

(Quote) When in pursuit of recognition we fall into the trap of false promises and achievements

Boomer

Thanked by 3imok xibl xreann20
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited July 2021

@xibl said: Thanks what software do you recommend for my purpose as I do not do hosting business in that sense. Of course I have a few customers that I do design and have put them on a VPS but I receive payment for general purpose of site management

https://boxbilling.com - free with restrictions

Blesta - You can get this for free with any buyvm package

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • imokimok Member

As a web designer, Blesta works fine for invoices.

You can use Invoicely too, it will fit better I think.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @xibl said:

No, it's against the laws of physics and will result in immediate destruction of the universe.

• xiblxibl Member
    edited July 2021

@dahartigan said:

@xibl said:

No, it's against the laws of physics and will result in immediate destruction of the universe.

Wow. You are smart :) Your Mama must be proud of you !

• @xibl said:

@dahartigan said:

@xibl said:

Wow. You are smart :) Your Mama must be proud of you !

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • rahulksrahulks Member
    edited July 2021

@alexvolk said:

@xibl said:

You came here asking questions and now you're saying go away?

One more thing to add

https://www.insider.com/chinese-ships-dumped-sewage-south-china-sea-see-from-space-2021-7

https://www.wionews.com/world/visible-from-space-human-waste-sewage-wastewater-dumped-by-china-on-the-south-china-sea-397768

https://news.yahoo.com/philippines-warns-sewage-ships-squatting-220000575.html

Before you leave LET, mind spreading word about this literal shit that is happening due to china ?

Take Your Shit Elsewhere.

Thanks.

• @xibl said:

ToS states clearly: no mjjs to use the software for non-hosting due to mjjs selling google accounts

• TicagaTicaga Member

I know customers who use Blesta to sell virtual office space and IPTV / etc.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • xiblxibl Member

@Blestastore said:

I am interested in ETC. Wonder what others are being used.

• TicagaTicaga Member

@xibl said:

@Blestastore said:

I am interested in ETC. Wonder what others are being used.

Sorry I don't know what ETC is?

• mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

@xibl said:

Yes you can. No issues :)

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@xibl said:

Webhosting billing software is often optimized for made for recurring payment.
    Also check what kind of criteria you have to meet when creating and storing invoices,recording transactions,....
    Hows the rest of your accounting done? How long do you have to retain info and how do you store that?

Whilst you can, use a web-hosting billing system for any kind of invoicing, there are viable alternatives.

For your usecase i'd actually suggest looking into invoice ninja (self-hosted install). it will likely work out better for you in the long run.