Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can no longer show Google AdSense text ad on ecommerce website with Low End host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can no longer show Google AdSense text ad on ecommerce website with Low End host

JDMcPeaJDMcPea Member
edited July 2021 in Help

I have a LET black friday special (no support included) that I run a small VERY low traffic ecommerce website on. It is currently running great and have had no issues with the service before this. Have a Google AdSense text ad in a sidebox and today got a notice from Google that the site hasn't shown any ads in four months. So I went to the banner manager in my eCommerce software and notice that the ad's HTML is missing some lines. I paste the correct text in and save it, but some of the text is removed and will not save.

Have the same configuration on another ecommerce site on another (more premium) host and the text ad shows up fine, and the HTML for the ad in the banner manager is complete.

So am just in the first stage of trying to find out what the issue is caused by. My first guess is that the host has started prohibiting Google AdSense ads on their service but could be something completely different, I don't know. Please if anyone has any ideas or can tell me what else to check would appreciate it. The ad previously worked fine with this host.

It's four lines that get automatically removed, the rest saves fine. Some of the text that gets removed looks a bit like this:

ins class " adsbygoogle
syle= " display, etc
data-ad-client = ca-pubxxxxxxxx4564
/ ins
etc

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

What platform is the ecommerce site? Some WYSIWYG editors strip HTML tags - perhaps it's been updated and is now doing this?

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • JDMcPeaJDMcPea Member
    edited July 2021

ZenCart 1.5.6c. I have CKEditor installed and pasting it under "Source". The other HTML saves fine, just those four lines will not save.

• imokimok Member

The possibilities your host is doing this are almost zero.

• JioJio Member

You're are HTML editor ddoes not recognise CUSTOM HTML ELEMENT (Valid in modern) as a valid one and strips it.

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • @Jio said:
    You're are HTML editor ddoes not recognise CUSTOM HTML ELEMENT (Valid in modern) as a valid one and strips it.

Thank you. I turned off CKEditor in ZenCart and just used the plain text option to save the HTML and it worked fine.