Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's make a list of providers to replace hostsolutions.ro - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Let's make a list of providers to replace hostsolutions.ro

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:
    All purchased, thank you for the suggestion. Just remind me to cancel these before they renew at $68. Oh wait, why am I worried, the card will just decline.

Damn. You even registered DoantionsRequired.host with the typo "doantions".

Oh no, NOW we look like a joke!

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:

Did you just casually copy and paste the list into Porkbun and bulk buy without looking at what you bought :joy:

Thanked by 3bdl Kassem lentro
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Damn, should’ve posted some, with payment links to my PayPal 😂

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:
    All purchased, thank you for the suggestion. Just remind me to cancel these before they renew at $68. Oh wait, why am I worried, the card will just decline.

Damn. You even registered DoantionsRequired.host with the typo "doantions".

Totally my fault there! You can put "we may look like a joke but we aren't, LevelOneServers did this to us" in the footer of your new host just to clear it up ;)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @VirMach said: Okay, final question, how important is Europe location? I assume it's pretty important?

Avoiding DMCA/copyright infringement is important

• @FAT32 said:

@Edding said:
    Ok so who can replace my hostsolutions.ro Server

i currently "have"/had

1vCPU
    6.9GB RAM
    69GB SSD
    1GBit @ 6TB Bandwidth
    1€/y Recurring

Well maybe that's why we call it "legendary" deal.

Son: Mom, can we have legendary deals at home?

Mom: We have legendary deals at home.

Meanwhile the legendary deals at home...

Thanked by 2Francisco FAT32
  • Nvme kvm 50gb
    2 core cpu (E5-2680V4)
    2gb RAM
    50 GB NVME
    15 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    Price : $16.80/year

Can only wait for Black Friday

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2021

@VirMach

Some quick remarks:

• I don't think you need to fully match everything. Asking €35/yr for example instead of HS's €30 would highly likely be good enough for 95% of HS customers
    • Yes, Europe location is very important. Side note: for most AMS would in fact be an "upgrade"/better than Romania. In other words, almost any location within ca. 40 ms of FRA would do fine.
    • Storage got a lot of attention because that's what "exploded" at HS, but actually they had diverse non storage products too and all of them will need to be replaced if HS goes belly up.
    • Most of their VPSs had a relatively high vCores per HT ratio plus many of their nodes, especially the storage nodes had rather old processors (E5 24xx, 26xxv2) so you either should ask a somewhat higher price -or- use older and densly packed nodes too.
    Thanked by 1Devil

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Did you just casually copy and paste the list into Porkbun and bulk buy without looking at what you bought :joy:

No... I had to go to our director of technology and finance department for an approval. Then, they ran it through our algorithm for success™ and after a few meetings, we decided it was the right move. We checked for any and all errors, and decided to move forward with the purchase.

@ps20090 said:

@VirMach said: Okay, final question, how important is Europe location? I assume it's pretty important?

Avoiding DMCA/copyright infringement is important

I suppose for these cases, we wouldn't be a good fit.

Also, to the person who selected September 6969 for their service start date on the poll, nice.

@jsg said: Most of their VPSs had a relatively high vCores per HT ratio plus many of their nodes, especially the storage nodes had rather old processors (E5 24xx, 26xxv2) so you either should ask a somewhat higher price -or- use older and densly packed nodes too.

What did these plans look like?

@jsg said: I don't think you need to fully match everything. Asking €35/yr for example instead of HS's €30 would highly likely be good enough for 95% of HS customers

Maybe we'll allow people to pick some type of perk for paying more if they want to, such as perk #1 we promise not to deadpool for at least 90 days and perk #2 access to full 10Gbps shared port.

I just need to find a chassis at this point. I think it'd be better if I flew to Amsterdam with all the hard drives and just got one there. Everything else, we'll have in stock by Friday. I just wasn't planning on setting up a storage server in Amsterdam this early.

edited July 2021

@jsg said:
    Some quick remarks:

• I don't think you need to fully match everything. Asking €35/yr for example instead of HS's €30 would highly likely be good enough for 95% of HS customers

That's $35/yr, equivalent to €29.71/yr, which is 1% cheaper. Last I tested the IO in VirMach Storage VPS is much faster than HostSolutions.

Thanked by 1Devil
  • KuYeHQKuYeHQ Member

good,I am waitting for you @virmach

• @VirMach trying to put themselves out of business. Please don't?

@VirMach said:

@jsg said: Most of their VPSs had a relatively high vCores per HT ratio plus many of their nodes, especially the storage nodes had rather old processors (E5 24xx, 26xxv2) so you either should ask a somewhat higher price -or- use older and densly packed nodes too.

What did these plans look like?

Example: https://hostsolutions.ro/eng/hosting/virtual-private-server-vps-ssd - modulo insane promos

@FAT32 said:

@jsg said:
    Some quick remarks:

That's $35/yr, equivalent to €29.71/yr, which is 1% cheaper. Last I tested the IO in VirMach Storage VPS is much faster than HostSolutions.

Of course. Almost any other providers products are faster, but then, HS was/(is?) much cheaper especially as probably most servers were sold via insane promos.

As long as it worked it basically boiled down to cheap but (of course) not particularly fast. Although since some months HS got much better nodes, E5-26xxv4 and Zen (a couple of which I benchmarked).
    The other point it boiled down to is that HS VPS was OK for non-critical stuff with very low support needs (and patience) but if one needed good and fast support and reliability (and better performance) one was way better off with quality providers like e.g. NexusBytes / @seriesn.

Thanked by 1seriesn

@jsg said:
    Of course. Almost any other providers products are faster, but then, HS was/(is?) much cheaper especially as probably most servers were sold via insane promos.

As long as it worked it basically boiled down to cheap but (of course) not particularly fast. Although since some months HS got much better nodes, E5-26xxv4 and Zen (a couple of which I benchmarked).
    The other point it boiled down to is that HS VPS was OK for non-critical stuff with very low support needs (and patience) but if one needed good and fast support and reliability (and better performance) one was way better off with quality providers like e.g. NexusBytes / seriesn.

What. So you are telling me the thousands of < $5/yr VPS, especially hundreds of $1/yr $2/yr VPS sold by VirMach are not "insane" enough?

It is always hard to compare one to another, maybe you also want the similar bad English communications, low uptime, inconsistent performance, fake promises and and also some free VPS?

VirMach VPS might not be as reliable/fast support than more premium providers like NexusBytes but it is certainly more stable than HostSolutions.

@FAT32 said:
    What. So you are telling me the thousands of < $5/yr VPS, especially hundreds of $1/yr $2/yr VPS sold by VirMach are not "insane" enough?

It is always hard to compare one to another, maybe you also want the similar bad English communications, low uptime, inconsistent performance, fake promises and and also some free VPS?

VirMach VPS might not be as reliable/fast support than more premium providers like NexusBytes but it is certainly more stable than HostSolutions.

Uhm, I made no statement re @Virmach. At all. Also I did not judge (or even mention) their prices, promo, speed, support, quality. At all.
    So, in case you are under the impression that I am somehow against Virmach or that I consider some other provider (e.g. HS) better or worse than Virmach then that impression is baseless and wrong.

edited July 2021

@jsg said:
    Some quick remarks:

@jsg said:
    Uhm, I made no statement re @Virmach. At all. Also I did not judge (or even mention) their prices, promo, speed, support, quality. At all.

You just mentioned their prices.

But it is true that I misread this as "I don't think you fully matched everything" so I agree that is my mistake.

@FAT32 said:

@jsg said:
    Some quick remarks:

@jsg said:

You just mentioned their prices.

No, I mentioned that their "refugee" offers could (IMO) be priced slightly higher than the original HS products.

But it is true that I misread this as "I don't think you fully matched everything" so I agree that is my mistake.

Thank you, no problem. I'm pleased to see my liking you gets confirmed.

Thanked by 1FAT32

Sorry am I looking at this wrong, what was the promotion?

edited July 2021

@VirMach said:

Maybe you can refer to this thread for AIO promos of all providers in Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Do note that it is just BF/CM promos and is most likely unsustainable.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3153380/#Comment_3153380

(You can also Ctrl-F on first page of that thread "HostSolutions" and go to the link to know more)

Basically their latest BF/CM deal looks like this:

1 CPU / 512MB RAM / 10GB SSD (RAID 10) / 5TB Traffic / €1/m
    1 CPU / 1GB RAM / 25GB SSD (RAID 10) / 5TB Traffic / €1.5/m
    1 CPU / 1GB RAM / 100GB SSD (RAID 10) / 10TB Traffic / €1.99/m
    1 CPU / 1GB RAM / 200GB SSD (RAID 10) / 10TB Traffic / €2.5/m
    2 CPU / 2GB RAM / 300GB SSD (RAID 10) / 10TB Traffic / €3/m
    2 CPU / 2GB RAM / 400GB SSD (RAID 10) / 10TB Traffic / €4/m
    4 CPU / 4GB RAM / 500GB SSD (RAID 10) / 10TB Traffic / €5/m
    4 CPU / 8GB RAM / 750GB SSD (RAID 10) / 15TB Traffic / €7/m
    8 CPU / 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD (RAID 10) / 30TB Traffic / €15/m

Available in Romania / Norway

They also did 50% credits promo every once a while - so you get 50% more credits.

@VirMach said:

Sorry, I don't remember the details, I would have to use the LET search function just like you.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@VirMach just check his list of discussions he started for deals he ran here https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/discussions/cociu

If you do 3.6 TB HDD (raid 10) at 76€/y in Amsterdam ... please send me the orderlink per dm before making it public. Dont want to miss that rollercoaster, that's for sure...

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @FAT32 said:
    They also did 50% credits promo every once a while - so you get 50% more credits.

I feel like people still aren’t fully grasping that the insane deals were just loss leaders to market the credit promos. The real money was in the prepaid credit scam.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur bdl
    edited July 2021

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Maybe you can refer to this thread for AIO promos of all providers in Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Do note that it is just BF/CM promos and is most likely unsustainable.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3153380/#Comment_3153380

(You can also Ctrl-F on first page of that thread "HostSolutions" and go to the link to know more)

Basically their latest BF/CM deal looks like this:

Available in Romania / Norway

Alright so outside of any store credit ponzi scheme, I think those big SSD plans are do-able to some degree and very interesting, if there's actually anyone who would want something like that. We've actually been wanting to do something like that for a while now but I keep talking myself out of it thinking no one would really have a use for it.

We were leaning toward doing NVMe @ 5x the speed for $30/M on the 1TB package.

But, let's go through these really quickly:

We basically already do these, so let's skip over that.

Really, really weird pricing structure.

Goes from 20 Euros per TB --> 12.50 Euros --> 10 Euros --> 10 Euros --> 10 Euros --> 9.33 Euros --> 15 Euros. Please do correct me if I'm wrong on any of these I'm just quickly skimming over everything.

So, realistically, we could get to about 17 Euros per TB for RAID 10 SSD.

If we get very very frugal with the parts, and perhaps lose some performance along the way, we could hit 12 Euros per TB. These could actually make for pretty interesting "regular" plans too, as in we could probably easily sell them on our website to subsidize these deals and allow us to actually replace these SSDs as they die from being destroyed with writes.

(edit) If we sacrifice speed a little bit, we could theoretically go as low as 7 Euros a month per TB if we wanted to really push things. But then at that point...

@Falzo said: If you do 3.6 TB HDD (raid 10) at 76€/y in Amsterdam ... please send me the orderlink per dm before making it public. Dont want to miss that rollercoaster, that's for sure...

We could probably only do that with two years prepaid, once hard drives go back to their regular price, otherwise at that size and price it's very easy to blow through our entire hardware budget. So $180 for 2 year is theoretically possible, yes. Very, very theoretically.

We'll most likely have to stick with the extrapolated pricing from the 1TB deal though, as in the 4TB (3720GB~ usable) plan would be $140 per year instead of $90 (76 Euros.)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited July 2021

@borowsky said:
    There are were multiple positive factors about hostsolutions

• you could pay by btc
    • no dmca
    • located in Romania
    • a lot of bandwidth

End users and server owner had good privacy because of those factors.
    Romania is one of very few European Union members where data retention law isnt enforced and was labeled as unconsitutional.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Retention_Directive
    Those were my personal factors.
    BTW I never pushed more than 1-4TB of bandwidth on those servers, having 30TB in price felt very comforting

@databoss said:
    Most seem to want DMCA Free etc etc

Have what you want, unless Romania location, but they are DMCA ignored and paying with BTC
    https://alexhost.com
    2x4.ru
    https://BuyVM.net

This can replace Hostsolutions. However you may check their terms before order.

Thanked by 1borowsky
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@hosthatch offer 1 core, 1 gb ram, 1 tb hdd, 10 tb bandwidth in Chicago.
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/chi-1tb-10

• bdlbdl Member

@FAT32 said:

And now they're doing 100% less service :lol:

• RecDRecD Member

Can we now expect Virmach's storage offer in the BF flash sale?

• DevilDevil Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach said: This was KVM? What kind of RAID? And what read/write speeds and upload/download speeds could you realistically expect? Would Amsterdam location be comparable to the locations they offered?

I am not OP but I barely used it. I only need 1TB storage. Even a 1TB traffic will do. Hell for a sweet deal even 500GB traffic will do.

All I need are 1TB storage, good speed when I download Linux ISOs (from reputed private Linux ISO providers) to my home laptop 3-4 times a week (totalling 20-25GBs) - via Synching.

As for ratio on those private ISO providers I couldn't care less even if there's 0 upload. I will just need to keep it connected for 3-4 days that's all. There's barely any I/O usage but I anyway limit I/O when I setup even before I start using it.

Assuming you allow/tolerate this. If not, please ignore this.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Devil said:

@VirMach said: This was KVM? What kind of RAID? And what read/write speeds and upload/download speeds could you realistically expect? Would Amsterdam location be comparable to the locations they offered?

I am not OP but I barely used it. I only need 1TB storage. Even a 1TB traffic will do. Hell for a sweet deal even 500GB traffic will do.

All I need are 1TB storage, good speed when I download Linux ISOs (from reputed private Linux ISO providers) to my home laptop 3-4 times a week (totalling 20-25GBs) - via Synching.

As for ratio on those private ISO providers I couldn't care less even if there's 0 upload. I will just need to keep it connected for 3-4 days that's all. There's barely any I/O usage but I anyway limit I/O when I setup even before I start using it.

Assuming you allow/tolerate this. If not, please ignore this.

sign up for the virmach offer it's on the first page @VirMach can you confirm is this allowed?

Thanked by 1Devil