Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a server with 100+ TB HDD for $500 / month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a server with 100+ TB HDD for $500 / month

For storage and running simulations on large data (nope, NOT Chia mining), I need a machine with the following specs:

• 96+ TB HDD net after installing RAID6 (like 8 x 16 TB, 10 x 12 TB, 14 x 8 TB)
  • 2 x 480 GB SSD software RAID1, consumer grade SSD ok
  • 8 (absolute minimum), better 16 to 24 cores of modern CPU (AMD / Intel / fast ARM also ok)
  • 128 GB RAM
  • 1 GBit/s NIC, 30 TB/month traffic (mostly incoming)
  • Server location: Asia / Europe / North America
  • Contract running time: 6 months; prepayment for 6 months is ok for renowned server companies
  • Ubuntu 20.04 LTS; I can install the OS, so delivery as a "rescue system" is ok
  • Budget: $ 500 / month
  • Required delivery time: July 25th

Please not Hetzner for certain reasons.

Comments

• Hetzner boot you before?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

We can deliver this within your budget in Norway and we have storage servers with large drives in stock :) Get in touch!

• citrixcitrix Member

Out of interest why not Hetzner? Is there a use case they don’t allow that I’m missing.

• Everything is fine with Hetzner. I have been a customer with them for many years, and I have a similiar machine with them, so this machine shall be somewhere else for diversity. Don't want all my data to go up as smoke in case of a mishap.

Thanked by 1citrix
  • @terrahost said:
    Hello,

We can deliver this within your budget in Norway and we have storage servers with large drives in stock :) Get in touch!

Does they come from who I think ?

• Why does every keep trying to get him to release client info. It just gets terribly old and stupid

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@ben47955 said:

@terrahost said:
    Hello,

Does they come from who I think ?

Yes, you are correct. They come from HPE.

• darbdarb Member

Low End Talk - Low End Comments

@databoss said:
    Why does every keep trying to get him to release client info. It just gets terribly old and stupid

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

RE: Need a server with 100+ TB HDD for $500 / month

We can do this for you at your requested budget, and meet your 7/25 delivery date.
    Please contact us at [email protected] to open a sales ticket, and mention this LET thread.

~ SMARTHOST

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We can do the following in Los Angeles by July 25th*

• 96TB HDD (RAID 6.)
    • Compatible HW RAID Controller
    • 2x 480GB/500GB SSD
    • Ryzen 3900X
    • 128GB DDR4 RAM
    • 30TB @ 1 Gbit

$1,375 quarterly (3 months.)
    $2,750 semi-annually (6 months.)

*If we receive payment at least 7 days before your start date.

• FractionFrankFractionFrank Member, Host Rep

Are you looking for software or hardware RAID with this?

• @FractionFrank said:
    Are you looking for software or hardware RAID with this?

Software or hardware RAID are both ok.

• (nope, NOT Chia mining)... sure... yes, YES Chia mining.

• Do you think, I would be renting a single server, if I was seriously into mining???

• FalzoFalzo Member

@hyperblast 100TB are gonna earn you less than 200 bucks a month right now. Nothing you put on a $500 box anymore.

• hmm ok.
    sorry need100tb.

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

Finally a request with proper SPECs, congrats for your first post @Need100TB