Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yearly plan for 12$, I'm hopping for 1GB RAM ~10GB HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yearly plan for 12$, I'm hopping for 1GB RAM ~10GB HDD

JustPfffJustPfff Member
edited July 2021 in Requests

In short for now I only have 12$ on my PayPal account, and it's will take from me bit of time before I can recharge it again , or link new CC to it, (Long Story).

I know this is very low budget, so I don't request dedicated IPv4 but NAT are OK to me.

Comments

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited July 2021

1 Dedicated IPv4 Address

You're a God .

• aiden1aiden1 Member

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Just one question is their CPU's better than previous offer ?

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@JustPfff said:

Just one question is their CPU's better than previous offer ?

you'll be on an E5 for a while and they will eventually migrate you to a ryzen. dont get this one if you need perfect uptime, although with your budget i dont think you were expecting it to begin with.

• @JustPfff read and understand this before spending money (they anticipate some rearranging, vendor changes etc). It's probably ok, just understand what you are getting involved with

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172467/virmach-s-u-m-m-e-r-h-o-s-t-s-a-l-e-from-9-yr-1gb-15-yr-transfers-to-ryzen-easter-eggs/p1

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

https://www.georgedatacenter.com/
    had/has some in their FlashSale section, was sold out, but I opened a ticket and it was created for me.

Dual Xeon 1 vCore CPU
    2.70GHz
    1024 MB RAM
    25GB SDD
    (Premium Hardware)
    500GB Bandwidth 1Gbps Port
    $5/Y

When I first got the VPS it was a little flakey, but after opening a ticket (and it getting fixed), it has been really good. Better than I expected.

• https://dah85.com/servers-under-10-per-year.html

Everything on that page is $10/year or less.

• @dahartigan said:
    https://dah85.com/servers-under-10-per-year.html

Please stop spamming your aff links everywhere. There's only one thing on your list that fits what OP is asking for, and @bruh21 has already sent it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    Thanked by 1JustPfff
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

For 1GB RAM ~10GB HDD.

• @JustPfff said:

Not sure about the CPU but generally I'd say that VirMach is better than RackNerd. RackNerd don't even specify which CPU they're using for that offer but it's likely a very old E3 or E5.

Thanked by 2JustPfff bulbasaur
  • HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

https://boomer.host/vps-hosting 7.95USD/yr and you'll get 5GB SSD

You can always mount google drive for extra storage. They give about 25GB free

• @drunkendog said:

@dahartigan said:

Please stop spamming your aff links everywhere. There's only one thing on your list that fits what OP is asking for, and @bruh21 has already sent it.

@drunkendog said:

@dahartigan said:

Change the url from 10 to 20 and there are plenty more that fit OP requirements. That was my bad.

https://dah85.com/servers-under-20-per-year.html

Sorry if you were offended

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Daniel15 said:

@JustPfff said:

Not sure about the CPU but generally I'd say that VirMach is better than RackNerd. RackNerd don't even specify which CPU they're using for that offer but it's likely a very old E3 or E5.

We utilize at minimum DUAL E5-2690v1 processors (though you can typically expect a more powerful, and modern CPU) as we continually aim to improve our offerings, and service level so naturally our end users are receiving the best value upon each order. Our reputation is quite solid when considering actual user feedback, this is based on both performance and support.

One thing you'll notice is that we simply don't market or mislead our users to believe each and every VM will be deployed on x processor. We want our end-users to communicate with us, and receive what we have to offer within our advertisements at a minimum.

If for any reason performance isn't to your expectations, we'd like to learn more about it and help determine the root cause. We're always readily available, eager to help, and ensure our customers are happy. We value you :)

• @dustinc said: We utilize at minimum DUAL E5-2690v1 processors

which is a processor that was released nearly 10 years ago and discontinued 6 years ago, so my comment about "a very old E3 or E5" is still relevant. I'm not saying that your service is bad or anything, just stating a fact about the processors being used in such an offer. It's understandable given the price :smile:

VirMach are planning on migrating a bunch of their offers to newer, owned (not rented) servers with Ryzen processors which are significantly faster than the 10-year-old E3 and E5 processors. A user is definitely going to feel the difference between something like an E5-2690 (8 cores @ 2.9Ghz base, DDR3-1600) and a Ryzen 3950x (16 cores @ 3.5Ghz base, DDR4-3200) :smile:

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited July 2021

@Daniel15 said:

@dustinc said: We utilize at minimum DUAL E5-2690v1 processors

which is a processor that was released nearly 10 years ago and discontinued 6 years ago, so my comment about "a very old E3 or E5" is still relevant. I'm not saying that your service is bad or anything, just stating a fact about the processors being used in such an offer. It's understandable given the price :smile:

VirMach are planning on migrating a bunch of their offers to newer, owned (not rented) servers with Ryzen processors which are significantly faster than the 10-year-old E3 and E5 processors. A user is definitely going to feel the difference between something like an E5-2690 (8 cores @ 2.9Ghz base, DDR3-1600) and a Ryzen 3950x (16 cores @ 3.5Ghz base, DDR4-3200) :smile:

Hi @Daniel15 - totally understand where you are coming from. I agree with your Ryzen comment too!

Huge difference, and I love the performance :) Though I believe those are two different types of customers, from a business perspective of who you attract/obtain. We have seen it, and enjoy both. We already have a Ryzen KVM VPS product line in Los Angeles, San Jose, Chicago, New York, Seattle, Dallas and more to come.

So plenty of options, we can handle just about any customer environment thrown at us :)

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited July 2021

@Daniel15 said: which is a processor that was released nearly 10 years ago and discontinued 6 years ago,

Thanks for hinting and assistance, I understand it's old CPU, as @dustinc said We utilize at minimum DUAL E5-2690v1 I appreciate his honesty,
    But considering the low price and that minimal CPU, being had Single Thread score of1668 make it cheap KVM, much better than some ancient +10Yrs old Atom server that had all cores score under 300,
    And not everyone can effort the expensive Ryzen 3950x $1000+ CPU and sell it's VPS's for low prices, I think there many companies fighting for these CPS's stock make it price relatively high .

• edited July 2021

@JustPfff said:
    But considering the low price and that minimal CPU, being had Single Thread score of1668 make it cheap KVM, much better than some ancient +10Yrs old Atom server that had all cores score under 300,

Which one? E5-2690v1 average GB5 score for single core is less than 700.. Even Ryzen GB5 score for single core is less than 1500

• @chocolateshirt said: Which one?

I was referring to PassMark PerformanceTest CPU scores.

• edited July 2021

@JustPfff said:

@chocolateshirt said: Which one?

I was referring to PassMark PerformanceTest CPU scores.

In virtualized server, PassMark score rarely used. Please refer to GB4 and GB5 score..

I believe PassMark will be relevant if you use a whole dedicated server, not virtualized one..