Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Source App Installer for cPanel and DirectAdmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Open Source App Installer for cPanel and DirectAdmin

teochristianteochristian Member
edited July 2021 in General

Hello!

I would like to thank you for your participation in my old post (link). The best solution seems to be an Open Source App Installer with paid support.

What does "paid support" include? Why this would be an advantage for a hosting company, while the app installer will be itself easy to use and configure?

Thank you!

Comments

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

Since it is open source, why don't extend support for open source control panel hestiacp?

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • @niceboy said:
    Since it is open source, why don't extend support for open source control panel hestiacp?

Nice idea. I'll take it into consideration. Thanks.

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

You say it's open source, so where the repo at?

What language will you be using? If you want to make an autoinstaller that is faster than Softaculous, I'd advise you not to use PHP since it's not a good tool for job at hand. Maybe Python?

And what about frontend? Just a regular HTML/jQuery or something like Vue, Angular, React?

Don't make a wrong stack choice at the beginning since it will cost you a lot later on.

Good luck!

• One question,
    What will you do differently comparing to the industry leader, softaculous?

I understand that you are offering it for free, but with volume discount, softaculous is almost free.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • fbmyfbmy Member

also provide paid support or a paid version to make it a long-term project.
    Don't make donations the main source of financing for this project.

• @teochristian Why did you significantly change your original post. You had a bunch of stuff about CMS etc etc.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint