Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$6.00 your first year :: 75% OFF Summer Sale! :: VPS :: KVM :: SSD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$6.00 your first year :: 75% OFF Summer Sale! :: VPS :: KVM :: SSD

2»

Comments

• ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep

@thedp said:

Company and Registration details? > @thedp said:

You're based out in Cali, so where do I find your Company/Business Registration details?

I don't see those details being posted anywhere.

Not sure if you are trying to insinuate that we are not a legitimate business. However if you are really interested in finding those details, Google is your friend. Our business is Licensed in the same city where our office is located, been in business since 2012 :-)

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited July 2021

@ForwardWeb said:
    Not sure if you are trying to insinuate that we are not a legitimate business. However if you are really interested in finding those details, Google is your friend. Our business is Licensed in the same city where our office is located, been in business since 2012 :-)

Being a smartass really isn't going to help your case here, would've it costed you an arm and a leg to copy and paste those details here to quell everyone's complaints.

Don't want to deal with LET's bullshit? Take your business elsewhere :smile:

@jmgcaguicla said:

Don't want to deal with LET's bullshit? Take your business elsewhere :smile:

Ha, to be honest, just caught me off guard is all. Its been awhile since I have been here and quickly forgot how some people can come off sometimes. Like... Dont you know who I am? lol

However I get it, I used to like exposing summer hosts and fraudsters at every opportunity. For our business license, go here and search for Forward Web

https://www.modestogov.com/312/Business-License-Search

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ForwardWeb said:

@thedp said:

Company and Registration details? > @thedp said:

You're based out in Cali, so where do I find your Company/Business Registration details?

I don't see those details being posted anywhere.

Sorry, I mean no disrespect, don't get me wrong, I'm not here trying to "insinuate" that you are not a legitimate business, but as a legitimate business, those details are usually made available on the website, but it isn't on yours.

A professional business would list those details or at least provide a link to those details, rather than telling a user, who could be a potential customer to Google for it.

But I'm not going to question your professionalism, as that's subjective - different people have different ways of doing things and you really can't please everyone.

I'm not from the US so I wouldn't know all these sources, but now I do, so thanks :)

Thanked by 2cold ForwardWeb
  • i cant order, i tried stripe and 2checkout and default debit and credit thingy. I got a payment failed error after i enter otp, i dont think its my cards problem because i just ordered a vps from virmarch 5 minutes ago

@thedp said:
    Sorry, I mean no disrespect, don't get me wrong, I'm not here trying to "insinuate" that you are not a legitimate business, but as a legitimate business, those details are usually made available on the website, but it isn't on yours.

No worries, Its actually not common practice for a business to post license and entity information via a website here. You might see it every now and then, however typically unless its legally required (i.e electrician, general contractor..ect) you wont see it. However a quick search of the local municipality where the business has a physical presence will get you that info (or at the state level if your looking for details regarding the entity).

To be honest in my 20 years, i've maybe been asked for that information maybe a handful of times (this being one of them).

Anyway, glad I decided to stop by, keeps me on my toes this place.

@neverain said:
    i cant order, i tried stripe and 2checkout and default debit and credit thingy. I got a payment failed error after i enter otp, i dont think its my cards problem because i just ordered a vps from virmarch 5 minutes ago

Can you open a ticket? I'll take a look and see whats going on. I've seen quite a few orders come through the last hour or so, but I'll take a look at the logs if you open a ticket.

• neverainneverain Member
    edited July 2021

@ForwardWeb said: Can you open a ticket? I'll take a look and see whats going on. I've seen quite a few orders come through the last hour or so, but I'll take a look at the logs if you open a ticket.

~#575657

Thanked by 1ForwardWeb
  • edited July 2021

Every time I try to checkout I get a 500 Internal Server Error on the HTTP response (first couple of tries just hanged in there so I opened the Network tab on my latest try).

I got in.

Thanked by 1ForwardWeb
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

No IPv6 hall of shame

• GitHub
    • Docker Hub
    • Google Cloud
    • Outlook
    • SparkPost
    • ColonCrossing - VirMach, RackNerd
    • XetHost
    • SoftShellWeb (San Jose only)
    • HostSolutions involucrated
    • IOFlood - 1TBVPS
    • KhanWebHost
    • Wishosting
    • Reprise Hosting
    • Limitless Hosting
    • HostWebis
    • Nexus Bytes (shared hosting only)
    • Oplink
    • Leapswitch Networks (except Mumbai)
    • FTPiT (Fremont and New York only)
    • DedicatServer ro
    • IncogNET
    • HostTiger HostTigger
    • ForwardWeb

Include IPv6 for no extra cost on every plan to get delisted.

@neverain said:

@ForwardWeb said: Can you open a ticket? I'll take a look and see whats going on. I've seen quite a few orders come through the last hour or so, but I'll take a look at the logs if you open a ticket.

~#575657

Thank you, we just sent you a response and we'll continue the conversation via the ticket.

@definitelyliam said:
    Every time I try to checkout I get a 500 Internal Server Error on the HTTP response (first couple of tries just hanged in there so I opened the Network tab on my latest try).

I got in.

Glad to hear it!

• @ForwardWeb hi, I participated in the event according to your promotion, but the actual deduction is still $24.00. I sent Ticket #841563. I hope you can help with it when you have time. Thank you!

Thanked by 1ForwardWeb

@jiasongji said:
    @ForwardWeb hi, I participated in the event according to your promotion, but the actual deduction is still $24.00. I sent Ticket #841563. I hope you can help with it when you have time. Thank you!

I see your ticket has been responded to and addressed. Did you back-out of the original order and forget to re-enter the promo code?

• @ForwardWeb said: However I get it, I used to like exposing summer hosts and fraudsters at every opportunity

Would you kindly add missing information about your company? Having some issues with PayPal and missing company information feels something isn't good.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1ForwardWeb
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@ForwardWeb

• People should have your company information displayed to them publicly. They should not search for your information, because you have a website, so company information should be on your website for easy checks, for trust, and for transparency.
    • If people ask for company information, you should provide it to them straight away, or give them a link where this information is on your website. You should not ask customers to search using Google (this is an offense), nor should you ask them to search in United States directory, because you speak to the whole web, so asking customers to search for you it's another offense (you are the center of universe, but only in your mind and for yourself). Be transparent and honest and open with your potential customers.

It seems your customer is not a priority. The priority for you seems to be the money, without too much care about what customers want or how picky they are, in order to be transparent to them. Remember: you sell to them, and you want them. The customer impression later represents your image, and your trust, and only then you may think of future and stable source of income.

We understand you do not know much, but at start you need lots and lots of patience to be transparent and accept the feedback of potential customers, in order to gain trust.

And no, I am not asking you to Google anything (personally I hate Google). Welcome to LowEndTalk, you are in the right place, but please listen to the questions here, and react immediately. LET has seen a lot, and has witnessed many rise and fall.

• No LG & No PayPal & Cheap & OVH IP
    All you gotta do is support PayPal so that you wont spend pages explaining and arguing
    For me it's OK to buy 180days of service for 6usd

Thanked by 1ForwardWeb

@alexvolk said:
    Would you kindly add missing information about your company? Having some issues with PayPal and missing company information feels something isn't good.

Thanks!

I posted this somewhere in the thread you can look up our business license through the City we operate in here: https://www.modestogov.com/312/Business-License-Search

Please understand that posting business information is not something that is common here in the USA. Its actually quite odd that this is being requested, however I understand the LET community is constantly changing and evolving.

• imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited July 2021

@ColderCoder said: For me it's OK to buy 180days of service for 6usd

6USD for 365 days

Thanked by 1ForwardWeb

@alexvolk said:

Thanks!

Yes, I had already posted this in an earlier reply, however if you are in need of our business license, you can run a search via https://www.modestogov.com/312/Business-License-Search for Forward Web.

Also, please understand that asking for business license information is not a common question that is asked (maybe here in recent years), however definitely not in everyday business.

Also, you mentioned issues with Paypal? What issues are you having?

@default said:

• People should have your company information displayed to them publicly. They should not search for your information, because you have a website, so company information should be on your website for easy checks, for trust, and for transparency.

I get it, however please understand that this is not a common process. There are also various reasons why a business might not want to display this information openly on thier website (none of which has anything to do with the consumer).

@default said: - If people ask for company information, you should provide it to them straight away, or give them a link where this information is on your website. You should not ask customers to search using Google (this is an offense), nor should you ask them to search in United States directory, because you speak to the whole web, so asking customers to search for you it's another offense (you are the center of universe, but only in your mind and for yourself). Be transparent and honest and open with your potential customers.

I know personally, if I feel suspect about a company, I'll run a couple quick searches (doesn't matter where they are geographically location) and I'll find what I need. Anyway, here is the information you requested. As mentioned earlier it was not meant to be shady, it was simply just truly an odd question (from my perspective) for someone to be asking.

https://www.modestogov.com/312/Business-License-Search (simply run a search for Forward Web).

@default said: It seems your customer is not a priority. The priority for you seems to be the money, without too much care about what customers want or how picky they are, in order to be transparent to them. Remember: you sell to them, and you want them. The customer impression later represents your image, and your trust, and only then you may think of future and stable source of income.

Im sorry you feel that way, I would argue that if we truly did not care about the customer, why bother responding at all? Why both running these promos? I've personally been in this industry close to 20 years now (since 2012 with Forward Web). I dont think we'd still be around if we did not care about the customer.

@ColderCoder said:
    No LG & No PayPal & Cheap & OVH IP
    All you gotta do is support PayPal so that you wont spend pages explaining and arguing
    For me it's OK to buy 180days of service for 6usd

It doesn't really bother me, if I did not enjoy the interactions, I wouldn't bother posting at all. Funny thing about paypal, it is a lot more difficult to set-up an account with 2checkout than it is to set-up a paypal account. With 2checkout you have to go through under-writing and provide various details about your business (including entity information, picture of your-self holding your ID..ect). Paypal I dont even think you need a bank account anymore.

We had stopped using paypal a few years back because we had a huge influx of fraud coming from paypal (we suspect people were hacking legit accounts and then using them to place orders). We finally just decided to stop accepting PayPal because of the headaches and later maybe about 2 years ago, offered paypal through 2checkout because their screening is a lot better (even though we pay a price for it) we have not had any issues since.

Anyway, appreciate the banter :-)

• @forwardweb did stopping paypal come about around the same time as the name change?

Thanked by 1ForwardWeb

@databoss said:
    @forwardweb did stopping paypal come about around the same time as the name change?

Negative. We rebranded in the summer of 2017 from FernGullyGraphics and I believe we pulled the plug on paypal sometime in late 2018, then re-introducing paypal sometime in late 2019.

Seriously though, what's with the obsession over PayPal?

• aiden1aiden1 Member
    edited July 2021

FWIW, I can confirm that it is incredibly rare to ever see a company number or anything of the sort on US businesses. The only time you see one is if it's a licenced and regulated field like electrician or whatever, and that'll have some form of local contractor licence number instead and not actually a company registration. You don't need to register to be a sole proprietor either. It's really just not a thing.

It is not at all like EU or others where you have UK distance & online selling regulations, German speaking countries with Imprint, etc. At best you might have "copyright example, inc" and no more.

Thanked by 2ForwardWeb bulbasaur
  • I've got one for Singapore. So far, so good.

Thanked by 1ForwardWeb
  • wl4236820wl4236820 Member
    edited July 2021

@ForwardWeb said:
    Looking for a small, yet fast and reliable VPS? This package might be the one for you. Currently available in two locations (Oregon, USA and Singapore). If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message via our website at https://forwardweb.net or give us a ring during office hours (yes, we still use phones).

VPS512 – KVM Plan: $6.00 your first year, $24.00 after

*Use Discount Code 75OFF

KVM
    512MB RAM
    256MB VSwap
    1 CPU Core @ 2.00+ GHz
    20GB SSD Storage
    500 GB of Bandwidth
    One Dedicated IP Address

Available Locations: Hillsboro, OR - USA or Singapore – Southeast ASIA

Singapore Test IP: 51.79.252.173
    Hillsboro Test IP: 51.81.212.32

👉 Click Here to Order

The promotion code entered has expired ????????? :'( @ForwardWeb

• EdmondEdmond Member

OVH... oh god... both those locations have terrible routing for OVH, yikes...