Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legit "unlimited cloud storage" providers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Legit "unlimited cloud storage" providers?

2»

Comments

• @boernd said:

@sgheghele said:

@Tion said:
    Sync.com offers "unlimited" storage on their Teams Unlimited plan at $30/m paid 1 year upfront.

50 Mbit speed cap, no linux client, no API, no protocol outside http supported.

40 mbit/s https://www.sync.com/help/general-limits-when-using-sync/#gspeed

I use sync. It’s..slow.

how many TB are you storing there? I'm looking for a backup for my 40TB gdrive

1.3 TB. It’s for my main files (say, how one would normally use Dropbox). I have their now disappeared 3 TB plan. To move 40 TB in there will take you ages, though.

It is really, really slow. During the initial sync I rarely saw the 40 mbit/s they promise. The client needs to encrypt as well and that steals away some speed.

Thanked by 1boernd
  • aiden1aiden1 Member
    edited July 2021

opendrive: large files almost never complete. a 4gb file required 30+ attempts to upload.

the application (both the native and the rclone included) seems to try to split it into the 10MB chunks, and reassembling them on the server side frequently fails, then it will return a 400 error. if you only store tiny files (<10mB) it is probably ok, though metadata lookup for each one takes a while. the only two factor authentication requires phone number. the native application also does not retry this if it fails! it'll just fail, and your file won't upload. rclone can be set to retry upload attempts 9999 times, but it's a waste of bandwidth and kind of terrible.

it's also pure cogent bandwidth in phoenix, az for the non-american users.

the technical chunking is horrid and you see files upload 10MB , then completely stop for 30-60 seconds, then upload another 10 MB, etc.

-

idrive: no no no avoid - no API, no rclone, terrible, useless application, incredibly slow bandwidth

-

internxt: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170080

-

I will sign up for more, pcloud soon.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2021

@raindog308 said: From what I've read, these seem to be legitimate in users' experiences and I think both are in the $60/month range.

I pay Google Apps 10.4EUR/Month (incl. 25% VAT) and lo and behold:

Zero complaints or issues ever.

Its a company account and i paid upfront for 24 months.

• @William said:

@raindog308 said: From what I've read, these seem to be legitimate in users' experiences and I think both are in the $60/month range.

I pay Google Apps 10.4EUR/Month (incl. 25% VAT) and lo and behold:

Zero complaints or issues ever.

Its a company account and i paid upfront for 24 months.

You know they'll just refund you if/when they enforce lower limits. Prepaying isn't going to guarantee it through a policy change.

• elixirelixir Member

@jahrinc said:
    Mega Business. It says 15 TB per user, but I've got over 200 TB on a single user no issues.

It says 3 users minimum, does it still work with one user?

Or did you sign up when they allowed just one user.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2021

@TimboJones said: Prepaying isn't going to guarantee it through a policy change.

I have read the terms (Google Apps Europe) and it does, thats why i did. They will cancel it with the end of term if they decide so. I also removed my card so they have no ability to refund me.

I would not painstakingly upload 200TB data without any safety, and another cold backup (Glacier).

Google is way more lenient than people think IF THEY CAN DEDUPLICATE YOUR DATA - If you use encrypted voulems and shit they get VERY unhappy at this amounts, but if you just store warez they can easily deduplicate between customers (aka popular movies/series) they don't care.

Storing warez for private use in the cloud is legal here, as the storage location (home, datacenter, cloud) is irrelevant - the ability of others to access it is the only relevant thing.

Thanked by 2dystopia BBTN
  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited July 2021

@elixir said: It says 3 users minimum, does it still work with one user?

Or did you sign up when they allowed just one user.

No, I pay for the 3 users (since is the minimum), but only use one.

Thanked by 1elixir
  • With Google Workspace, you do not really need any other alternative. I can personally vouch for it to be the best.

• @jahrinc said:
    Mega Business. It says 15 TB per user, but I've got over 200 TB on a single user no issues.

Are you still using Mega business? I would not mind doing this as well? Which plan exactly are you on?

• @YukonBlonde said: Are you still using Mega business? I would not mind doing this as well? Which plan exactly are you on?

No, they removed this plan a long time ago.

They forced old business accounts to move to the new business model. So I switched to Dropbox Business, unlimited storage for $75.

• @YukonBlonde said:

@jahrinc said:

Are you still using Mega business? I would not mind doing this as well? Which plan exactly are you on?

No necroing!

• kdhkdh Member
    edited March 2023

@YukonBlonde said:

@jahrinc said:

Please stop necroposting
    And yes, that plan is gone quite a long ago.

• Sorry I am still getting used to the forum rules. Won't happen again and thank you!