Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another week another deadpool? - JustVPS edition
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another week another deadpool? - JustVPS edition

FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Greetings,

Unfortunately, we want to inform you that our company faces financial hardships because of enormous traffic consumption. The latest invoices sent by the data center in Singapore are putting us at a huge loss and we’re no longer going to provide services in this location. The company is compelled to close the office and sell the available equipment.

According to our database you have the following services in this location:

Please save all the important data as soon as possible and inform us about it, because servers might be taken down at any moment.

As the minimal compensation we will issue the refund for the remaining funds:

Can you confirm about this? @JustVPS

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Oh well, at least there's comms :)

• no one wants to buy Vult's VPS at x2 cost. case closed

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited July 2021

and JustVPS was sponsoring some platinum yellow-pages like local directory for whopping S$750 ~ $560 x 2 = $1120 USD a month for two listings!

What a waste of money!

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2021

They got Traffic caps on each VPS, and you wanna tell me, they don't monitor traffic?
    That's the shitiest of shit excuses I have ever read.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Nuclear bandwidth overages can get EXTREMELY pricey especially in a market like Singapore. Definitely enough to destroy a company if the upstream provider isn't willing to cut a deal

This is definitely feasible and it's also likely that their bandwidth caps weren't working properly

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@FAT32 said: Unfortunately, we want to inform you that our company faces financial hardships because of enormous traffic consumption.

That is a very odd excuse. They have no bandwidth caps?

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

When I asked for Deadpool 3 to come out soon I didn't mean this kind of deadpool.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

@FAT32 said: Unfortunately, we want to inform you that our company faces financial hardships because of enormous traffic consumption.

maybe they said that the client had 500 GB but only bought 100 GB (and only took money for 100gb from client)

• defaultdefault Veteran

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @raindog308 said:

Probably did in incorrect estimate of expected consumption vs. promised consumption and got burned with too much consumption by LET users

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited July 2021

Ouch. Looks like a case of bandwidth overselling, that was miscalculated and misfired pretty badly.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:
    Ouch. Looks like a case of bandwidth overselling, that was miscalculated and misfired pretty badly.

And what a location to try that in. Only place more expensive would be AU I guess? Or is SG even more than AU these days?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@seriesn said:

And what a location to try that in. Only place more expensive would be AU I guess? Or is SG even more than AU these days?

Francisco

Apac is a region where bandwidth demand is actually pretty high and that is one region, I will never fuck with when it comes to network commit. A gamble that to can't win.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

some CDN charging even higher for Latin America

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • vovlervovler Member

@WebHorizon said:

@Francisco said:

some CDN charging even higher for Latin America

Well if BunnyCDN prices are anything to go by, Middle East/Africa looks even more expensive

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Six Expensive Networks

HiNet, Korea Telecom, Optus, Telecom Argentina, Telefonica, Telstra are the most expensive networks in the world.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • this vps just 100mb port speed

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • GanonkGanonk Member

@pedagang said:
    this vps just 100mb port speed

LOL :p

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Oh they also used LeaseWeb, and LeaseWeb bandwidth overcharge is crazily high

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • edited July 2021

Giving unmetered bandwidth vps with that price on singapore is an act of suicide..

• defaultdefault Veteran

@chocolateshirt said:
    Giving unmetered bandwidth vps with that price on singapore is an act of suicide..

True. It is not like in Europe. Offering unmetered bandwidth in Singapore is expensive. That offer was unsustainable. Maybe they thought people would not abuse it as unmetered.

• Unmetered in Singapore... guess that is exploited

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@yoursunny said: Korea Telecom

last time I asked, KINX was talking around $3.5/Mbit for a Gbit line, and they are actually one of the cheaper networks in South Korea

• i guess, it's just poor provider
    with idle server that must be paid,
    cannot be sold vps,
    and short cash flow
    … bandwidth is minor issue