Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for DNS from Top Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for DNS from Top Providers

Hi All,

I am looking for 3 VPS from 3 top providers or providers with less downtime as I am going to use for DNS purpose.

I need it from three regions and a budget 5$/Yearly

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

unless you're trying to go with nat, you're not gonna find that

• @bruh21 said:
    unless you're trying to go with nat, you're not gonna find that

If they can give NAT VPS to me with port 53 open and assigned to me, then I will be good I believe.

Also can suggest the lowest possible deals around the globe.

• donkodonko Member

lulz... try at least 8-9$/y

• @donko said: lulz... try at least 8-9$/y

I am trying to save as much as possible. Can suggest the best lowest possible of your findings.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

why not just use cloudflare or he.net?

• @bruh21 said: why not just use cloudflare or he.net?

I have to use my own DNS because of the customized setup we have.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2021

Good luck with your budget. Also, I hope whatever you do find has sufficient resources do serve the amount of DNS requests and deal with the DDOS attacks that inevitably happen when running an authoritative nameserver.

You could look at rage4 though, they offer IP geolocation based routing for €20/m.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@imgmoney said:
    I am trying to save as much as possible. Can suggest the best lowest possible of your findings.

If you aim to provide a reliable image hosting service, bump your budget. In fact if you are self-hosting DNS I would go for more premium price. DNS is also susceptible to DOS attack so the downtime might cost you more than the additional few dollars.

Thanked by 2neverain dystopia
  • @FAT32 said:

@imgmoney said:

If you aim to provide a reliable image hosting service, bump your budget. In fact if you are self-hosting DNS I would go for more premium price. DNS is also susceptible to DOS attack so the downtime might cost you more than the additional few dollars.

I certainly have no limitations on spending. But I am planning to allocate the minimal amount as much as possible and so I can spend more on other stuff.

So I am going to pick providers with DDOS protected IP. I believe most top providers have that by default.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@imgmoney said:
    So I am going to pick providers with DDOS protected IP. I believe most top providers have that by default.

DDOS Protected IP within $5/yr? You must be kidding me. DDOS protection on DNS requires Level 7 protection and is not magical.

• @FAT32 said:

@imgmoney said:

DDOS Protected IP within $5/yr? You must be kidding me. DDOS protection on DNS requires Level 7 protection and is not magical.

Not within 5USD

@imgmoney said: Can suggest the best lowest possible of your findings.

The lowest possible findings with DDOS protection.

• @stevewatson301 said: You could look at rage4 though, they offer IP geolocation based routing for €20/m.

Thanks for the suggestion. Finally a provider with unlimited queries, I could not find myself by googling an unlimited geo DNS provider. If required I will go with them.

Before that, let me have my own setup as I am used to it and can do lots of customization of my choice.

• @imgmoney said: Before that, let me have my own setup as I am used to it and can do lots of customization of my choice.

What kind of customization are you looking for?

• vovlervovler Member

man you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't you?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

@imgmoney said:
    3 VPS from 3 top providers or providers with less downtime

The request is either "top provider" or "provider with less downtime".

@VirMach, a current top provider, will have $5 annual plans on Black Friday.

@AlphaRacks, a former top provider, had $5 annual plans too.
    If you want, I'm transfer it to you for 8 push-ups.
    Downtime is 100% in past few years, but it's top provider.

https://malihosting.ml/ is a provider with less downtime.
    I kept pinging their free domain localhost and never detected any outages.

• I am able to grab DDoS protected server for 3USD/Month which is the cheapest and best option I believe. Any recommendation for DDoS protected VPS for the similar range, which is now 36USD/Year.

So Yearly deals with 36USD less should be good.

• Don't be a cheapskate bruh.. You will get a lot with "normal" budget..

• cazrzcazrz Member

Just get Cloudns.net

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@imgmoney said:
    I am able to grab DDoS protected server for 3USD/Month which is the cheapest and best option I believe. Any recommendation for DDoS protected VPS for the similar range, which is now 36USD/Year.

So Yearly deals with 36USD less should be good.

$36/year is easy to find:

• BuyVM slice slice baby 512MB $20/year
    • StupidKVM 512MB $3/month
  • tjntjn Member

@vovler said:
    man you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't you?

Lol :D

@yoursunny said:
    The request is either "top provider" or "provider with less downtime".

I completely agree. For a "top provider" you'd usually be looking at $5 per month, not year.

@cazrz said:
    Just get Cloudns.net

I can highly recommend them. Their cheapest plan will cost about ~$30-35/year.
    Have been running Cloudns.net in production (big apps and sites) for 4+ years now.
    They used to be my backup for DNS Made Easy and now they're my primary for almost everything.

How many DNS zones do you need?

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited July 2021

I need Geo DNS and most of the provider charges based on the number of queries. It will become expensive if all of them charge on queries as we do millions of queries daily.

I am going with custom DNS as that is best option for now.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

there's arvancloud.com supports geo-location based routing, and a CDN with a free tier, similar to cloudflare but with some extra features in the 'free' plan.
    Support is Iran based, Might work, they're officially registered in Germany

• JarryJarry Member

As far as I remember, only once I got vps for $5/y: it was from VirMach @ BF. Runs till now as my master-dns...

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

$5/yr is around $0.42/m, unless you're fine with something hosted in a basement (cociu), then you should probably raise your budget.

• If virmach is in your list of “top providers”, wait for bf
    Otherwise increase your budget to like 10x

• @aqua said:
    $5/yr is around $0.42/m, unless you're fine with something hosted in a basement (cociu), then you should probably raise your budget.

Shitciu didn't have plan as low as that.. his lowest plan still around €10

edited July 2021

this is $13 yearly ~ $1.1 p month in Singapore, ovz based if it works.

256MB ECC RAM
    1 CPU Core(s)
    5 GB NVMe/SSD Disk
    1 IPv4 + /64 IPv6
    200 GB Premium Bandwidth

Order Link

Includes basic ddos protection(20Gbps)

• imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited July 2021

@WebHorizon I need test IP, can you please share.

I have already got with few providers who have 1Tbps+ ddos protection, still, I can use yours as a backup if pings are good.

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited July 2021

@yoursunny said: BuyVM slice slice baby 512MB $20/year

+ $3/m for Path.net DDoS IP so it will be like $56/y

@imgmoney said:
    @WebHorizon I need test IP, can you please share.

I have already got with few providers who have 1Tbps+ ddos protection, still, I can use yours as a backup if pings are good.

http://sgp-b.lg.webhorizon.in/