Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in netherlands
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in netherlands

flyfly Member
edited March 2012 in Providers

So I need a vps in the netherlands. here are my required specs:

xen/kvm
512mB ram
2GB disk
bandwidth doesn't matter
port speed doesn't matter.

can run game servers. any ideas?

Comments

• What's your budget?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2012

Game servers? Recently we got this offer http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1590/allgamer-xen-vps-hosting-512mb-starting-3.00-60-off-dallas-netherlands#Item_27 netherland (leaseweb) vps offer designed specially for game hosting.
    You can get also good deal from Anthony (inceptionhosting), another "hot" LEB provider hosted in .nl (snelservers).

• flyfly Member

@clinton, your $6 deal looks nice but you're out of stock in nl?

• AmfyAmfy Member

@kbar Try Inceptionshosting, they're great...

• Yes, we're currently out of stock due to those promotions we ran.

Should be opening up more stock this weekend. Probably won't be at that price point though.

• flyfly Member

estimates?

• @kbar Just opened up some space in the NL at 40% off our regular pricing for you. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the promo code.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2012

Thanks for the mention :)

I cant compete with those prices though, $6 for a 512mb XEN PV - NL VPS is probably the best price you will get.

Well I could but quality would suffer as I would need to start standing up 144GB Nodes and cram hundreds of VPS's on it and I don't want too :p

• I've got a 64MB XEN from Inceptionhosting, runs really nice, fully recommend them.
    Otherwise, Alvotech.de are quite good for the Netherlands, although they're currently out of stock.

@ElliotJ Thanks :) I actually released a few more of the 64mb slots after a few people that bought them wanted to upgrade so there are a few more up for grabs.

• flyfly Member

I went with @AnthonySmith

partly cuz he had archlinux :)

• @kbar

Good choice, you wont regret it!

• pingping Member

I also recommend inceptionhosting

• dunno if alvotech does transfers but i probably got an 512mb nl vps left

@kbar good to hear :)

You also win an award for the first person ever to take the arch linux template, actually read your welcome email and manage to set up your own networking via the console without raising a ticket to have it done for you :p

• flyfly Member
    edited March 2012

took me a couple tries :)

Actually working on a tiny core linux template at the moment, although don't hold your breath its going slow :)

• AmfyAmfy Member

@AnthonySmith: Sounds great. Maybe you can open a thread, where you can ask for help and what the people want from a tiny linux core template?

@kbar: Is Arch running stable? How much RAM does it need?
    I have rejected to use it, because on openvz the templates are too old and too much work to bring them on an actual stand.

• flyfly Member
    edited March 2012

@amfy, the template is kind of outdated (2010 iso) but it's really not hard to get it up to date. arch on openvz is a gimmick, it's ridiculous how much you have to bend over backwards to get it working. On xen it's pretty easy.

right now my vps is basically a clean install, runs at 35mB.

I will post a small guide on how to do get a 2010 arch template on xen up to date for you soon.

• AmfyAmfy Member

@kbar right!

If it's easy on xen, only a pacman -Syu? :P

• tsaktsak Member

I want to give you my suggestion. I have used weservit's vps and leaseweb on dedicated servers.( but i am sure that they are good on vps products too )