Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which billing system you would prefer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which billing system you would prefer?

Hello,
I am gonna ask another question.
Mostly providers and clients.
Which would you prefer for billing system?

Note - Here 2 polls are open. One is for provider and next is clients. Please note it while voting.

Thanks

Best Billing System
  1. Clients - Best billing system?25 votes
    1. WHMCS
      88.00%
    2. BoxBilling
        0.00%
    3. Blesta
      12.00%
  2. Providers - Best billing system?25 votes
    1. WHMCS
      84.00%
    2. BoxBilling
        8.00%
    3. Blesta
        8.00%

Comments

• i recommend WHMCS coz there are many features

• jhjh Member

As a client if want to see something that isn't just a plain installation of anything. Some adaptive work shows you care about the system.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

humm

@mazker, why did you not include clientexec...

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

agentmishra said: why did you not include clientexec...

@agentmishra it used to be ok, but now I hear lots of security flaws?

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

We use HostBill why i don't see it on the poll ?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@rsk said:
    agentmishra it used to be ok, but now I hear lots of security flaws?

I heard WHMCS also has a lot of security flaws

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

is that hard to make a billing system? AFAIK, it seem to be easy to make

• netdudenetdude Member
    edited November 2013

I pondered them all, still ended up going with HostBill: it's pretty and fast :) My hostbill in action: http://manage.media-magic.ca/ I like it :)

• jhjh Member

netomx said: is that hard to make a billing system? AFAIK, it seem to be easy to make

Good one.

@jhadley said:
    Good one.

You made one. Why it shoudl be difficult? Maybe I'm not seeing the whole package

• jhjh Member
    edited November 2013

netomx said: You made one. Why it shoudl be difficult? Maybe I'm not seeing the whole package

It's hard to sum up exactly how hard it is in a few sentences, so I'll give you some numbers (please bear in mind this is only going on Loading Deck, which is relatively simplistic compared with WHMCS and HostBill for example).

• 18MB of proprietary code
    • 57 database tables (per tenant)
    • Roughly £15k spent in addition to an enormous amount of my own time (code checking, frontend development, design work, business formation, legals, software licences etc.)

I'm guessing that you have a very simplistic view of what a billing system could be - I started with the same view and quickly realised that when WHMCS is $15/month, you can't persuade people to use something with much less for any profitable price.

Also remember that nobody's going to buy a billing system from someone selling from a basement - so there are lots of business hoops to jump through. Also, people these days expect a lot aesthetically, which means countless design hours. If you're not amazingly multi-talented, then you have to pay other people to do a lot :)

Hope this helps.

• Even though I know WHMCS has been having exploit issues, that's the billing software we use and I've never really had any big issues with it, besides it'd be harder to get used to another billing format anyway

• I prefer HostBill and Blesta

@jhadley I didn't received the notification until I remembered this. 18mb of code?! Wow, I I'll retire what I said hahaha

• Hate BoxBilling.