Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is going on with BuyShared's servers? lv-shared01
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is going on with BuyShared's servers? lv-shared01

gappergapper Member
edited June 2021 in General

Hello,

I'm a customer of BuyShared since a few years ago. I'm on the Reseller 20G plan and it has been working good but since 10 days ago it started to work like crap: very slow response time and now 503 Service Unavailable / 500 Internal Server Error.

I'm on Las Vegas, US. Do you know how many servers for reseller do they have there? Because I would like to ask for a server move, however perhaps it will be the same problem? I'm on lv-shared01.

Anyone also experiencing issues on BuyShared reseller? Please share your positive feedback to Fran. Please don't get me wrong, I understand that I'm paying $2/mo for this... I don't expect any uptime guarantee but at least something usable.

Thanks.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

It's a repeat of the issue another user reported.

Basically Cloudlinux/CageFS were in a pretty broken state from a botched update (be it the node rebooted mid update or just the update was bad, who knows).

I'm working on the node as we speak applying all the pending updates. I had to boot into a non Cloudlinux kernel to get it to apply properly, otherwise it keeps rebooting.

Hoping to have it sorted in the next 10 - 20 minutes.

Francisco

• gappergapper Member
    edited June 2021

Thanks Fran!

I'm on lv-shared01. It is a sexy AMD Ryzen 9 3900X with 64GB of RAM. Appart of lv-shared01, how many other servers do you have on Las Vegas, US for resellers? And, are those other servers also affected by this issue?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@gapper said:
    Thanks Fran!

I'm on lv-shared01. It is a sexy AMD Ryzen 9 3900X with 64GB of RAM. Appart of lv-shared01, how many other servers do you have on Las Vegas, US for resellers? And, are those other servers also affected by this issue?

We have 3 for DA, 3 for cPanel.

We've only seen this dumpster fire happen on our CentOS 7 nodes. lu-shared01 did the same and required the same updates.

I just finished rebooting it back into Cloudlinux but i'm still manually installing RPM's so it should be 100% good shortly.

Francisco