Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] & [OVH] Promotions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] & [OVH] Promotions

2»

Comments

• Only cPanel seems available. How much does it cost for a SYS-LE-2 server that would be hosting 2 domains. Thanks.

• ello, how about the kimsufis?
    have not seen it for almost a century.

where are the 8.99 i5-3540s, come on.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

I wish OVH would add the Rise-3-LE one with the E5-1660v4 - 64GB RAM and 2x 450GB NVMe again...

• @listenup said:
    Only cPanel seems available. How much does it cost for a SYS-LE-2 server that would be hosting 2 domains. Thanks.

This is wrong actually. On the SYS website, they mention only Centos-cPanel being available. However, if you actually buy the server, you have the option for adding multiple panels.

• @Smith42 said:
    I can confirm it is not possible to use the full 1Gbit bandwidth at Hetzner 24/7. I've had multiple servers that either got limited or I got abuse complaints stating my servers were negatively impacting their infrastructure. With OVH if you have a server with regular 250/500Mbps bandwidth, there are no complaints if you max it out majority of the time. OVH runs with full 1Gbit only if you purchase the extra bandwidth. Atleast they are upfront about the "guaranteed" bit now.

However I'm not a fan of OVH after I got screwed 2 years ago when they limited several of my servers without notice. I was promised refunds that I never received, and in the end a $1000 commercial gesture that I never got either.

OVH's management is some of the worst I've ever seen, so now I pick up the OVH servers from a reseller called Andy10gbit.

With Andy10gbit the servers work fine and I don't have to deal with OVH's bullshit, plus I can pay in Crypto and not on the freaking 1st of each month. I absolutely hated their auto-renewal setup, and as I was leaving they introduced the contract system, which I see in this thread is making life easy for customers a lot haha

Honestly I'd be happier if Hetzner introduced a paid option to upgrade to 1Gbit dedicated and guaranteed bandwidth, I'd happily fork it out. I like that they are to the point and straightforward, and the billing is not on the 1st of each month. Paying them in crypto is a long shot but at least they have some of the cheapest hardware prices on the market. Comparing the new limited edition SYS-2 to the SX63 is just laughable.

Lots of people I know max out their hetzner boxes 24/7. The bandwidth they advertise is guaranteed. You can get less if you get a lemon or really bad neighbors but for the most part your experience doesn't sound like what 2021 actually is. I've also had hetzner servers in the past that I (mostly) maxed out and I never heard anything from them.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Does anybody know whether the commitment when ordering a SYS server is initial/one-time or recurring? In other words, when choosing 6 months to waive the setup fee, is it possible to renew the server monthly after the first 6 month period, or will also the renewals be limited to 6 month periods?

AFAIK additional failover IPs can be moved between servers directly in the panel. So when replacing an older server with a newer one I shouldn't lose my existing failover IPs, right? Is it also possible with SYS to transfer the IPv6 subnet and main IPv4 address from one server to another one?

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited July 2021

@dfroe said:
    AFAIK additional failover IPs can be moved between servers directly in the panel. So when replacing an older server with a newer one I shouldn't lose my existing failover IPs, right? Is it also possible with SYS to transfer the IPv6 subnet and main IPv4 address from one server to another one?

Only failover IPs can be transferred between the servers in the same country in OVH. I assumed that is same in SYS. But you can't transfer the main IPv4 and IPv6 range.

Thanked by 1dfroe
  • boerndboernd Member

I paid for a sys server for a year and it was possible to renew it monthly after.
    AFAIK Failover IPs and IPv4 subnets can be moved but not the main IP and it is not possible to move the IPv6 subnet.

Thanked by 1dfroe
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Today I actually received a response from OVH to my presales ticket.

Like already pointed out, only failover IPs can be moved between servers while the main IPv4 + IPv6 address is fixed.

OVH/SYS support said:
    We confirm that the server comes with a fixed IP address and IPv6 addresses associated with the server. You can also hire IP fail-over IP addresses of type IPv4 that you can move between servers.

Probably more important to know, at least according to OVH's response, the contract period will remain fixed, i.e. when ordering a server with a 6 month commitment, this is not only the duration of the initial commitment with the option to renew monthly afterwards but applies to all future renewals as well. So if you want to get rid of the setup fee, you are permanently locked into a 6 month period, not only for the first payment interval.

OVH/SYS support said:
    We confirm that the renewal period is fixed, if you choose the 6-month option, you can renew the server every 6 months.

• boerndboernd Member

Interesting, so they must have changed this for new orders.
    I just tried and I can still renew my server that was once paid for a year monthly.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal