Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KnownSRV - DDosed and Sold
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KnownSRV - DDosed and Sold

upfreakupfreak Member
edited March 2012 in General

The story here

Update1

Hello,

I would like to start by offering my apologies to all customers of KnownSRV. I realize that past few days have been a frustrating experience for all of you. It was the same for us.

I'm sorry announce KnownSRV is forced to close its doors, effecting immediately. We couldn't continue doing business under such circumstances. It's be a terrible frustrating experience for both us and our customers. Here is what has been happending over the past few days.

Everything started a couple of days ago. At 4AM CET 500mbps DDoS started on our main site and took it down. My iPhone notified me of the downtime, I wake up and migrated the site to a different server within our network. At 10AM CET DDoS started on our new IP address. The attack was fairly small and we were able to mitigate it. A few hours after that we were hit by 10gbps+ DDoS tartered to our core routers which took the whole network/datacenter down. The datacenter was working on the whole day(Mar 1.) and managed to mitigate the attack. Another heavy 10gbps+ attacks were coming our way during the next 2 days. At the end, Proserve decided they were cuting our IP ranges off at 5PM CET, the same day. They basically gave us 3 hours to migrate a few 1000 customers and around 1000 IPs elsewhere.

We got in touch with Serverius right away, bought 20k eur of our old rented hardware and got it moved to Serverius. Serverius was great(highly recommended provider!) and helped us with racking our hardware and everything. However, after almost 2 days of work, and continued heavy DDoS attacks at our main site on a separate location we realized it was not going to stop. The attacker has 10gbps+ UDP botnet and at this point we couldn't deal with that, nobody could, even DDoS protected USA providers would have troubles with that.

Group of people who had the only goal to take us down, and cause problems to our customers has unfortunatelly succeed. We have no other choice but take the loss and close our doors. Otherwise we would have to invest at least 50k eur in network equipment and take monthly loss. They we MAY be able to deal with such heavy attacks. Unfortunatelly, this is not an acceptable solution for us.

What we are going to do?

Sell the hardware
Allow customers to backup their dana
Pro-rate refund existing shared hosting and VPS customers
Dedicated servers at 176.56.225.* range will be transfered to another company, hardware and price will stay the same, only IP address will change.

VPS customers can see your new IP address at vps-nl.knownsrv.com:5353 and access your VPS with old passwords to take your backups

Shared hosting customers can access cPanel at http:// 176.56.226.171:2082 with old login details and take a backup there.

Once our site is back up(another DDoS) you will be able to request a pro-rate refund there. Refunds may take upto 1 month as there will be a lot of requests and we will need some time process it.

Once again, I'd like to apologize for everything. We were providing stable and highly quality services over the last 2 years. Unfortunatelly, someone didn't like it and decided to ruin us after taking most of the offshore scene.

Update 2

Hello
We'd like to tell everyone that OSAcom (One step ahead communications) which is the main brand of 123Dedi.com and related sites is in the progress of taking over KnownSRV's network/hardware and clientele.

Myself have worked with Kruno in the past and also helped with the recent events on moving DC/hardware across to a new network for KnownSRV's clients.

There is no need to panic, you will be in safe hands - All IP's/VPS details will remain the same as stated in your VPS control panel. There will not be any moves/downtime on these services during the process of taking over knownsrv its self.

We'll be looking at offering a discount to the clients which are affected by the downtime - a more official announcement will be released once the take-over is completed.

In the mean time if you have any questions please email: [email protected] and we'll happily answer all questions there in a timely manner.

All services/due dates/pricing structures will stay the same

We'll be keeping everyone updated on the progress.

Kindest Regards,
Reece
Email us: [email protected]

Constantinos, Is that you who DDOSed that too?

Update 3
knownsrv.com is up and running. no news of this in their site/twitter. what is happening?
any one using their services?