Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Public Cloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Public Cloud

JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Hey Guys , has anyone used OVH Public Cloud instances . what are they like compared to there other products .only used there vps and dedis in the past

Comments

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Hm.. not very impressed but they do work. Just the overall experience isn't great

• @ericls said:
    Hm.. not very impressed but they do work. Just the overall experience isn't great

Thats basically OVH in a nutshell :-)

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@ericls said:

Thats basically OVH in a nutshell :-)

Yea, which really let me question their reliability. Also their price isn't that beautiful.
    Product line messy at best.
    They need some positioning for sure or they are deliberately not positioned for me

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

oh :wink:

was considering for a accounting platform , but i guess not from what you guys are saying haha

• Nothing to be impressed about if you're talking about server performance, but they do work of course.

10:04:58 up 439 days, 12:11, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

OVH is only really good for their uptime. Yeah they have a decent network and DDOS Protection, but when it comes to having a server issue or even contacting their support team, that’s where it dies down.

They’ve gotten better when you need something in your server fixed. Waited only 20 mins for RAM to be fixed in a server of mine, buts that’s really it.

I have a couple server approaching 200 days of uptime, and one server at a near 450 days.

was considering for a accounting platform , but i guess not from what you guys are saying haha > @malignify said:

Nothing to be impressed about if you're talking about server performance, but they do work of course.

im more interested in uptime than performance haha

• FalzoFalzo Member

unless a fire happens and you are in the wrong location it runs very stable.

had some services (and still have) for years without any issues. it's OVH...
    if it is working from the beginning, you rarely run into any issues.

for me very reliable so far, use it in production. snapshots in public cloud are a also a nice and cheap thing for backups.

Thanked by 1pike

@Falzo said:
    unless a fire happens and you are in the wrong location it runs very stable.

had some services (and still have) for years without any issues. it's OVH...
    if it is working from the beginning, you rarely run into any issues.

for me very reliable so far, use it in production. snapshots in public cloud are a also a nice and cheap thing for backups.

Super, will be for a Billing / Accounting Panel so would be quite nice then :)

didnt want to jump in on something ive seen mixed reviews on sites

thanks

• @Jasonhyperhost said:

was considering for a accounting platform , but i guess not from what you guys are saying haha > @malignify said:

Nothing to be impressed about if you're talking about server performance, but they do work of course.

Uptime has been great, no doubt, as long as they can keep the fire out.

@malignify said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

haha , just dont put it in france lol . but being totally honest thats probs the safest now

• @Jasonhyperhost said:

@malignify said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

haha , just dont put it in france lol . but being totally honest thats probs the safest now

I have mine in Gravelines :)

Super Thanks guys was a little wary of there public cloud offerings

im a partner of Acronis so I have my backups in hand anyways if anything happened with Full DR capabilities :)

@malignify said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@malignify said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

I have mine in Gravelines :)