Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spearware Networks has arrived in Canada, we have DDoS Protection and Ryzens! We're not using OVH!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spearware Networks has arrived in Canada, we have DDoS Protection and Ryzens! We're not using OVH!!

mike1smike1s Member
edited June 2021 in Offers

Spearware Networks provides KVM powered VPS hosting at affordable prices in Tampa, FL, US and Montreal, Quebec, CA

After much success in Tampa, we're launching a new location!! Montreal, Quebec, CA is our newest location, and we'll be running Ryzen 9 3900X nodes, with pure NVMe storage, and Path DDoS protection available! No OVH here!

We pride ourselves in providing prompt and professional support.

Have a question?: Drop us a message at sales[at]SpearwareNetworks.com and one of our friendly staff members will be glad to help!

15% all orders with promo code MONTREAL (valid on all plans in Montreal)!

The Offer

VPS1024

• 1 GB RAM
  • 30 GB NVMe Storage
  • 1 IP Address
    Price: $7/mo ($5.95/mo with promo code MONTREAL)
    Order Now

DDoS protection can be added for $3 an IP p/m.

All plans can be viewed at:
Montreal: https://spearwarenetworks.com/montreal-vps/
Tampa: https://spearwarenetworks.com/tampa-vps-hosting/

Frequently Asked Questions

What can I use as a test IP?

Montreal: 104.152.142.1
Monteral Looking Glass: Coming Soon

Tampa, FL: 142.202.255.8
Tampa, FL Looking Glass: https://tpa-lg.as212647.net/

What CPUs do you use?

We use Xeon E5 CPUs in Tampa, and Ryzen in Montreal.

What are your bandwidth providers?

Our current provider is Cogent in Tampa, and Cogent/Zayo in Montreal.

Where are your servers located?

Our VPS are based out of beautiful Tampa, FL and Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Do you provide refunds?

Yes, you are eligible for a refund if you cancel and request it during the first 30 days.

What kind of software is not allowed?

We do not allow virtual currency mining to be run on our VPS. Please note, however, that this is not an exhaustive list and that you should check our Terms of Service or contact us if you have any questions about what is allowed.

Contact Us

Email: sales[at]spearwarenetworks.com
Twitter: Follow Us

Thanked by 1Ganonk

Comments

• mike1smike1s Member

Game servers are allowed, post has been edited

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Congratulations on the new location mate but your VPS2048 plan is above the VPS price limit.

• mike1smike1s Member

Post edited

Thanked by 1DP
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

You looking to bring Ryzen into Tampa?

• mike1smike1s Member

@aqua said:

Yep it's in the works. Path is coming this week, and Ryzen will be within the next few months.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@SWN_Michael said:

@aqua said:

Yep it's in the works. Path is coming this week, and Ryzen will be within the next few months.

Will you move Montreal onto your ASN or keep it on Packet Rabbits?

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member

@aqua said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@aqua said:

Will you move Montreal onto your ASN or keep it on Packet Rabbits?

Once we have more infrastructure in Montreal (likely a month from now), we're going to move it to the SWN ASN. Montreal is currently a test location, however it's currently showing quite a bit of promise.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Wasn't it you who said earlier your previous company failed because of opening multiple locations in a short timeframe? Rather ironic to see the same trend here.. Best of luck for whomever fall for his offers, I fear the worst ...

Thanked by 2drunkendog alexvolk
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@RickBakkr said:
    Wasn't it you who said earlier your previous company failed because of opening multiple locations in a short timeframe? Rather ironic to see the same trend here.. Best of luck for whomever fall for his offers, I fear the worst ...

Whats the LIR tag on your name?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@RickBakkr said:

Whats the LIR tag on your name?

Local Internet Registry.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@RickBakkr said:

Spearware Networks is a profitable company with available cash reserves, and a decent bit of capital available if needed. We have 3 nodes currently in Tampa with a 4th on the way, and MTL is off to a great start. I might have made mistakes with my prior company, but I'm not making them here. I have hundreds of extremely happy customers, many of them have multiple services with me. There's nothing to fear here. If you actually have concerns, I'd highly suggest reaching out. I'm more than happy to have a conversation with anyone who's willing to come with an open mind, otherwise this is simply a baseless attack.

• @SWN_Michael said:

@RickBakkr said:

Spearware Networks is a profitable company with available cash reserves, and a decent bit of capital available if needed. We have 3 nodes currently in Tampa with a 4th on the way, and MTL is off to a great start. I might have made mistakes with my prior company, but I'm not making them here. I have hundreds of extremely happy customers, many of them have multiple services with me. There's nothing to fear here. If you actually have concerns, I'd highly suggest reaching out. I'm more than happy to have a conversation with anyone who's willing to come with an open mind, otherwise this is simply a baseless attack.

That didn't age well.

• eveazeveaz Member

@RickBakkr said:

Are you a prophet?

• damn

• GanonkGanonk Member

my bad

• **Can anyone help with this:
    Spearware Networks LLC has reached an agreement for our VPS hosting offerings in Tampa, FL and Montreal, QC to be acquired by Slacker Networks.

This was not an easy decision to make. As some of you may be aware, a few members of my wife's family are suffering some severe health issues that's taking up a large percentage of my time. As a result, customers have had to wait extended periods of time for support, which was not my intent.

On the brighter side of things, we are not closing our doors for all services. We will continue to offer colocation services to current and future customers.

As part of this acquisition, the service locations and hardware will not be changing. Tampa customers will remain in Tampa, Montreal customers will remain in Montreal.

I will be employed by Slacker Networks to ease the transition and assist throughout the next few months to make this as seamless as possible.

I would like to thank all customers for their patronage and support throughout this time. Rest assured, you will continue to receive the highest quality of support and service throughout this transition and going forward.

Below is a message from Slacker Networks on the acquisition, and I must say — they have some pretty awesome things lined up for VPS customers!

**And now I receive:
    It is with a heavy heart that I'm going to be shutting down the VPS hosting product lines at Spearware Networks. Between some family issues and the acquisition deal falling through, among other things.. I have decided it's best to end all VPS services effective July 31st, 2021. Services will be operational until that date, or until all clients are fully offloaded after which all data will be securely erased.

Francisco over at BuyVM is willing to transfer images of your VPS over to his Miami location if you'd like. Simply put in a ticket both in the SWN support system, and also reach out to BuyVM support (https://my.frantech.ca), and we'll make it happen. Please keep in mind that if you go the route of migrating to BuyVM, your IP will change. If you would like a refund, please feel free to reach out and I'll see what can be done.

Anyone know if is really true this ?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@danielbr said:
    **Can anyone help with this:
    Spearware Networks LLC has reached an agreement for our VPS hosting offerings in Tampa, FL and Montreal, QC to be acquired by Slacker Networks.

This was not an easy decision to make. As some of you may be aware, a few members of my wife's family are suffering some severe health issues that's taking up a large percentage of my time. As a result, customers have had to wait extended periods of time for support, which was not my intent.

On the brighter side of things, we are not closing our doors for all services. We will continue to offer colocation services to current and future customers.

As part of this acquisition, the service locations and hardware will not be changing. Tampa customers will remain in Tampa, Montreal customers will remain in Montreal.

I will be employed by Slacker Networks to ease the transition and assist throughout the next few months to make this as seamless as possible.

I would like to thank all customers for their patronage and support throughout this time. Rest assured, you will continue to receive the highest quality of support and service throughout this transition and going forward.

Below is a message from Slacker Networks on the acquisition, and I must say — they have some pretty awesome things lined up for VPS customers!

**And now I receive:
    It is with a heavy heart that I'm going to be shutting down the VPS hosting product lines at Spearware Networks. Between some family issues and the acquisition deal falling through, among other things.. I have decided it's best to end all VPS services effective July 31st, 2021. Services will be operational until that date, or until all clients are fully offloaded after which all data will be securely erased.

Francisco over at BuyVM is willing to transfer images of your VPS over to his Miami location if you'd like. Simply put in a ticket both in the SWN support system, and also reach out to BuyVM support (https://my.frantech.ca), and we'll make it happen. Please keep in mind that if you go the route of migrating to BuyVM, your IP will change. If you would like a refund, please feel free to reach out and I'll see what can be done.

Put on a cup of coffee or tea and read: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172365/important-changes-at-spearware-networks

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited June 2021

@danielbr said:

I legitimately do not understand how you managed to dig this thread up while completely ignoring the one at the front page talking about exactly the thing you're asking for. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172365/important-changes-at-spearware-networks#latest

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • mike1smike1s Member

MTL is still going over to Slacker Networks

Thanked by 1danielbr
  • oh.. sorry guys and thanks for the explain..i really not read past messages, working a lot these days then no time for LET, when I receive that email i'm coming here as fast i can to ask for 'help', really thanks

• GanonkGanonk Member

no /thread ?

• mike1smike1s Member

@Ganonk said:
    no /thread ?

@FAT32 can we close this thread?

• edited June 2021

Nvm :-)

• @SWN_Michael said:

@Ganonk said:
    no /thread ?

@FAT32 can we close this thread?

Why? It should be open, so any asleep customer might come here and complain.