Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there service that I can avail for this (VPN)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there service that I can avail for this (VPN)

JioJio Member
edited June 2021 in Requests

I'm looking for simple single port TCP forwarded for a Windows server that is behind CGNAT to host daemon that is listen on .

It needs to retain the original source IP so that the software can use it for matching. It's not HTTP/HTTPS and can't rewrite it in the application, so this needs to be done somewhere on the network layer.

Is there any solution easy for this? I don't mind shared IP, I just don't want to think about setting this up by myself. I want one port 'direct' into a Windows laptop, retaining source IP. All IP originating from like 10.0.0.1 is not acceptable.

$5/m, under 50 GB bw a month, under 10 Mbps at all times, one TCP port accessible IPv4, US endpoint for latency, prefer US West, most people accessing it will be in NV-CA area.

I really do not want to set this up myself,

Comments

• ngrok.com ?

• JioJio Member

@stevewatson301 said: ngrok.com ?

I just try this, everyone shows up as 127.0.0.1, which doesn't work

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@Jio said:

@stevewatson301 said: ngrok.com ?

I just try this, everyone shows up as 127.0.0.1, which doesn't work

Oh, so you're looking for source IP preservation, but then forward traffic to an external source. Take a look at some of the hosts that don't use BCP38 and ask them if you can spoof source IPs :joy:

• JioJio Member

@stevewatson301 said: Oh, so you're looking for source IP preservation, but then forward traffic to an external source. Take a look at some of the hosts that don't use BCP38 and ask them if you can spoof source IPs :joy:

I am just trying to preserve source IPs for myself... shoiuldn't need BCP38 I don't need spoofing source IPs over the internet, just within the internal network between me and the VPN.

don't even mind losing the first octet if they want to locally spoof 1.2.3.4 -> 127.1.2.3.

• There is no easy way to do that on Windows because it doesn't support multiple routing tables or PBR.

Let's say you receive an incoming TCP connection/a SYN packet through the tunnel. Windows won't know where the reply/SYN+ACK packet should go, the tunnel or the default gateway.

You would want to put another router that handles the tunnel thing and can do PBR in front of your Windows server.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur