Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with Rock Solid Network and Stability - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with Rock Solid Network and Stability

2»

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

@cazrz said:

Thanks for the mentions:) ♥️

Join us!

New Jersey - East Coast USA

Ryzen 3900x NVMe + Block Storage
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=121

Ryzen 3900x Ryzen Storage
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=122

Power & Network redundancy!

Regarding.

• wotetiwoteti Member

@UpCloud said:
    I wouldn't be able to go into much further detail on all of the underlying technologies used due it being a proprietry setup I'm afraid, though all storage nodes operate with complete redundancy and are separate from compute nodes with dedicated InfiniBand connections for the storage connectivity! Our page at https://upcloud.com/docs/storage/ does go into a bit more detail on each of our storage offerings if that helps too 😊

So a user should expect latency similar to a networked disk / block storage and not a local one?

• UpCloudUpCloud Member, Host Rep

@woteti said:
    So a user should expect latency similar to a networked disk / block storage and not a local one?

Nope! You'd find it very hard to tell that it was network-attached storage in this case. Feel free to sign up and test for 3 days and let us know how you find it 👍

Thanked by 1woteti
  • cazrzcazrz Member

@UpCloud said:

@woteti said:

Nope! You'd find it very hard to tell that it was network-attached storage in this case. Feel free to sign up and test for 3 days and let us know how you find it 👍

There's still no bandwidth notification?

• @cazrz said:
    vultr.com, intovps.com, hosthatch.com, nexusbytes.com, buyvm.net, gcorelabs.com, photonvps.com, letbox.com, binarylane.com, smarthost.net, lunanode.com, ultravps.eu, leapswitch.com, speedykvm.com, readydedis.com, greenkvm.com

+1 for HostHatch and UltraVPS

• UpCloudUpCloud Member, Host Rep

@cazrz said:
    There's still no bandwidth notification?

It's not something that has been implemented at this time, no, though you're able to view all of your Network Transfer Pool data/usage via the Hub at https://hub.upcloud.com/usage/network-transfer-pool and we have options within the API to query the data if you wish to set up some simple monitoring at regular intervals. Feel free to reach out to us via our live chat in the Hub at any time if you need a hand with that!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I'd prefer a solution with multiple cheaper (99.95+% SLA) VPSs over one with 100% SLA for multiple reasons, a major one of which being that redundancy over multiple, ideally geo-diverse nodes usually beats local intra-DC redundancy in terms of availability, plus it's under your control and you don't put all your eggs into one basket.

Thanked by 2yoursunny ruhnet
  • You should just subscribe to a monitoring service that includes multiple location probes and a handful of different probes instead of rolling your own.

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • Go with Vultr.com. They're very stable and I used them for more than 5 years and never had any downtime. Very fast network as well.

• @ruhnet said:
    I need a VPS to run a monitoring system, and for obvious reasons the network and the system itself needs to be super reliable, so that I don't get a bunch of notifications that all my servers are unreachable, when it's the network or monitoring VPS itself being unreachable for a few seconds. Price would be the next factor. Performance doesn't really matter. At least 1GB RAM would be needed.

Budget $3-10/month. I'd prefer to keep it around or less than what I consider to be a more or less standard $5/GB RAM amount, but would consider a bit more if the network and provider has a very good stability record.

Location doesn't matter either as long as the network is stable, but most of my servers are in the Eastern US.

NOTE: I am aware that many providers have services/networks very reliable and suitable from the standpoint of standard web hosting and email and such, but I have found that often those same providers have minor network issues that can wreak havoc on a monitoring system, and go completely unnoticed on a VPS used for a website or common purposes. A good portion of the servers I need to monitor are used for VoIP, so I need fairly accurate notifications when there is a blip for more than a second or two, or periods with jitter or packet loss, and I need to be reasonably confident that the problems are not from the monitoring server side.

Suggestions?

You can find a reasonable partner in HostGator India since they have servers in the US too. Their performance is decent and network reliability is solid with uptime and is quite stable. I think in the last two and a half years they have massively improved as far as these parameters are concerned. Do check.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@Ragas78 said:

@ruhnet said:
    I need a VPS to run a monitoring system, and for obvious reasons the network and the system itself needs to be super reliable, so that I don't get a bunch of notifications that all my servers are unreachable, when it's the network or monitoring VPS itself being unreachable for a few seconds. Price would be the next factor. Performance doesn't really matter. At least 1GB RAM would be needed.

Budget $3-10/month. I'd prefer to keep it around or less than what I consider to be a more or less standard $5/GB RAM amount, but would consider a bit more if the network and provider has a very good stability record.

Location doesn't matter either as long as the network is stable, but most of my servers are in the Eastern US.

NOTE: I am aware that many providers have services/networks very reliable and suitable from the standpoint of standard web hosting and email and such, but I have found that often those same providers have minor network issues that can wreak havoc on a monitoring system, and go completely unnoticed on a VPS used for a website or common purposes. A good portion of the servers I need to monitor are used for VoIP, so I need fairly accurate notifications when there is a blip for more than a second or two, or periods with jitter or packet loss, and I need to be reasonably confident that the problems are not from the monitoring server side.

Suggestions?

You can find a reasonable partner in HostGator India since they have servers in the US too. Their performance is decent and network reliability is solid with uptime and is quite stable. I think in the last two and a half years they have massively improved as far as these parameters are concerned. Do check.

Did you really just suggest an EIG host?

Thanked by 2_MS_ bulbasaur
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Ragas78 said:

@ruhnet said:

Suggestions?

Did you really just suggest an EIG host?

I wonder why the banhammer hasn't been dropped yet. His previous posts are also about all the EIG hosts (HostGator, BlueHost, ResellerClub, etc.). A clear case of shilling.

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • MarkLuunMarkLuun Member
    edited June 2021

I would recommend https://ipax.at for you.
    But its in the middle of Europe (Austria). Servers and network uptime 100% and the „vServer V10“ fits your budget.

Thanked by 1ruhnet