Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ordering 20+ servers for crypto mining
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ordering 20+ servers for crypto mining

CPU: Anything with 9000 or above Geekbench5 benchmark
RAM: 16 GB
Storage: 125 GB SSD
Network : 1 Gbps - 10 TB

Price: $60 / mo

Comments

• good luck (with your budget)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Chia?

• @HostSlick said:
    Chia?

Its not Chia.
    You are able to mine it on 125 GB ?

• @HostSlick said:
    Chia?

Probably monero or other RandomX fork

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2021

Too easy on that budget. This isn’t production hosting, just go with nocix.net or Kimsufi. I don’t think in terms of geekbench though so maybe I’m crazy.

• @jar said:
    Too easy on that budget. This isn’t production hosting, just go with nocix.net or Kimsufi. I don’t think in terms of geekbench though so maybe I’m crazy.

is nocix.net and wholesaleinternet same company?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Jumbo933 said: is nocix.net and wholesaleinternet same company?

They were DataShack formerly. I don’t know what the ties are between them and many have suspected them of being the same, as with others in Kansas City, but they all claim to be separate.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jar said:

@Jumbo933 said: is nocix.net and wholesaleinternet same company?

They were DataShack formerly. I don’t know what the ties are between them and many have suspected them of being the same, as with others in Kansas City, but they all claim to be separate.

nocix and wsi get the same restock at the same time.
    Just 2 brands.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I didn't realize that there were still coins worth mining on cpus.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • jlayjlay Member
    edited June 2021

@jbiloh said:
    I didn't realize that there were still coins worth mining on cpus.

I think it's the RandomX algo that's to thank for that (as @kuroneko23 pointed out). I did some very brief napkin math a few months ago

It can be profitable but it's more effort than I care to put in, personally

If you have a ton of fast CPUs sitting around, sure - but renting it and getting by on the razor thin margins doesn't sit well with me

edit: With my Threadripper 3960X I think I was going to get maybe $20 worth of Monero a month or something... I'll have to find that document (and keep in mind this depends on the volatility of the pricing w/ the coins when you want to 'cash out')

You might end up stock piling coins and fronting expenses for a while, only to convert when the payout is worthwhile