Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yearly VPS for development purpose
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yearly VPS for development purpose

Looking for cheap yearly VPS for development purpose. The VPS might remain mostly idle if I am lazy enough.

KVM
1 Core
1-1.5 GB RAM
1 IPv4
20 GB SSD
BW: 100-500GB
Budget: upto $15(Yearly payment)

Special requirement(not mandatory): RHEL based OS template(RHEL, AlmaLinux, Oracle Linux, Fedora, CentOS, CloudLinux)

Comments

• EvoxtEvoxt Member
    edited June 2021

$15 budget is tough, but if you can increase your budget. Take a look at Evoxt.com! We have AlmaLinux and CentOS ready to be deployed, We have automatic weekly backup set up for all our VPS. I can do $30 for a year with those specs. Send me a pm if you are interested

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited June 2021

If it'll mostly be idling and if you can settle for half of those specs, then just go for those cheap €1 VPSs from IONOS.

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

What about Heroku free tier for development? :)

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • @thedp said:
    If it'll mostly be idling and if you can settle for half of those specs, then just go for those cheap €1 VPSs from IONOS.

I don't trust them. They charged my card and I got nothing in return.

@Ympker said:
    What about Heroku free tier for development? :)

I can probably deploy the main application but not other things that is necessary for my development like web server, database server. Thanks for the mention, will check.

@Evoxt said:
    $15 budget is tough, but if you can increase your budget. Take a look at Evoxt.com! We have AlmaLinux and CentOS ready to be deployed, We have automatic weekly backup set up for all our VPS. I can do $30 for a year with those specs. Send me a pm if you are interested

Bit hard on budget right now. I don't care about backups as I will not store anything crucial. Just for testing my application and other related things.

Thanked by 2Ympker Evoxt
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited June 2021

If it remains idle most time why not go with DO and recreate your instance everytime you need it? Might be most efficient because you get quite good performance for this short period of time and if you require suddenly more resources for a short period, you can scale with them the most easiest.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

My recommendations would be Oracle cloud's free tier, they're giving away lots of bandwidth and decently sized instances.

Or if you want some real dynamic scaling to pay the lowest price at the cost of using OpenVZ 7, look at any jelastic based provider such as cloudjiffy from leapswitch.

Thanked by 2chihcherng Boogeyman
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

try something from racknerd:

https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=498

1 CPU
    1 GB RAM
    20GB SSD
    3000GB BW (1Gbps port)
    Los Angeles Location
    And CentOS 7 and 8 are available for install, as well as AlmaLinux 8, Fedora 27, and Fedora 29.

$12.79 yearly payment

Edit: here is one with 1.5gb ram for $13.99:
    https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=458

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2021

The memory is the issue, you can easily get a 1€ per month vps, some still offer it within that range.
    Maybe you reduce the memory or increase your budget or wait for BF.

• TejyTejy Member

Go for Oracle Free Tier.

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • @Neoon said:
    or increase your budget or wait for BF.

BF isn't the solution for everything. Also, it's still half a year (almost) until next BF.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@webcraft said:

@Neoon said:
    or increase your budget or wait for BF.

BF isn't the solution for everything. Also, it's still half a year (almost) until next BF.

Well, if you refuse to increase your budget or adjust your expectations yes.
    The last BF wasn't that shit so.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • snzsnz Member
    edited June 2021

@Boogeyman said:
    Looking for cheap yearly VPS for development purpose. The VPS might remain mostly idle if I am lazy enough.

For 10€ you'll get 2000h of a Hetzner Cloud VM. So if you only need it to do actual dev work, that's a year of work.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Boogeyman
  • Thanks everyone for your valuable information. Going to get a RN VM for now. Will also use free perks from everywhere I can get to reduce my development costs. Applied for Digital Ocean sponsorship. Hope they will allow me. Will secure some VMs on next BF.