Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Time VPS Buyer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

First Time VPS Buyer

This is my first time buying a VPS - I need a VPS that's affordable with at least 2TB bandwidth, 1.20GB Memory, 20GB Disk Space, and is a offshore VPS located in a country that's not 5 eyes or possibly 9 eyes if possible - I'm new to this forum - I plan to get a SSL certificate too and if it has apache that is a plus. Right now I just host android applications but I plan to do more with it so I don't want to be terminated for it. Just something basic with the above if possible. If you need more let me know as I said I am new to this.

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Okay
    1. Do you want it managed or unmanaged?
    2. What port speed do you want?
    3. How many vCPUs do you need?
    4. you know that you need to install apache, and get your own certificates on unmanaged VPS right?

1. I have a friend who will help if not I can manage it- if I can get help managing it I can pay
    2. not sure about port speed
    3. not sure about vCPUs
    4. now I know
    5. I've had a friend manage my VPS and I need a new one he won't be helping me so I need a VPS I can upload stuff to and have a basic format - ill be running it by myself or with some help - I'm just basically storing stuff on it but I don't want it terminated for copyright since I mostly host android applications.

Okay, so you said you need 1.2 GB ram so my estimate for start will be 1 vcpu, and for port speed 100 Mbit should be enough. For offshore go with Alexhost, and if ya can do with one in USA/AM then go with Racknerd I can give you a recent deal on racknerd VPS, and for Alexhost go onto their website, go with the first one, and choose yearly billing and it's something like 13 eur per year. If ya need any help shoot me a dm or create a LET thread, and the community will happily help you!

• So I went to alexhost and vps and you said the first one - what locations do alexhost have? Racknerd have?

• Do they terminate people on copyrighted applications?

• morrekemorreke Member
    edited June 2021

@ohmichael said:
    So I went to alexhost and vps and you said the first one - what locations do alexhost have? Racknerd have?

Alexhost is in Moldova. Racknerd is mostly USA, others are out of stock.

edited June 2021

@morreke said:

@ohmichael said:
    So I went to alexhost and vps and you said the first one - what locations do alexhost have? Racknerd have?

Alexhost is in Moldova. Racknerd is mostly USA, others are out of stock.

Exactly Alexhost ignores DMCA (so ignores copyright) but racknerd doesn't, but with racknerd you get more resources per dollar than if you go with alexhost, and also as I have mentioned Racknerd also has VPS in Amsterdam

• I would go with racknerd but they might terminate me for what I host so I’ll look at alexhost and I’ll probably keep looking also I appreciate the help everyone this has taught me a lot. Thank you.

What exactly do you host, btw it's not like they receive a DMCA notice, and delete your account. They send you an email and you have time to delete that content, and if you delete it you are all good.

• I host android mods for movies and other content - I don’t host the movies just the applications.

edited June 2021

@ohmichael said:
    I host android mods for movies and other content - I don’t host the movies just the applications.

then you are all good, it's like saying plex should be deleted because it's used for piracy, tho it cant be like your app is just streaming the movies from other servers, but just redirecting the watcher to other servers

edited June 2021

If ya decide to go with racknerd here is the deal, tho only USA
    but if @dustinc could confirm its movable to EU that would be cool

[6.18 SALE - 2021] 1.8 GB KVM VPS Special

2x vCPU Cores
    18 GB Pure SSD RAID-10 Storage
    1.8 GB RAM
    5000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, & much more
    Multiple Locations Available
    JUST $17.88/YEAR - WOW!!

Order here (aff link) (no aff)

• Would racknerd allow credentials to iptv service like trial and similar I enjoy sharing my stuff with people and some need credentials making sure before I decide that it doesn’t go against tos. If it don’t I’ll prob decide to use them but I’ll do a final go around and ask someone I know after you answer my question.

• I went to your link you posted to racknerd - are those the only locations available? All I see are USA.

• I apologize I reread your post I figured it out it’s only USA I’ll need something in a offshore country to be safe.

• JioJio Member

ok yeah, stay away from US, you are basically hosting illegal-in-US content, there is no innocent use for it at all like plex or emby as a software

• Any ideas on if there's a better location on RackNerd or any deals going on AlexHost since it's in a good location - or are they the only good VPS providers available for what I need?

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

try VPSSLIM
    https://www.vpsslim.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=2
    (use code LEBXLUSIVE)
    It's not the fastest, but it has a ton of disk space and 2 cores to get you started, plus plenty of bandwidth, all under 4 euro with the code for 70% off. If you live somewhere without VAT you can save even more
    Server is in NL

Btw, it is OpenVZ, not KVM. I doubt that would matter if you're just going to use apache.

• Thank you I heard about it this guy I know told me I shouldn’t use it because he had used it once for a vps and wasn’t that fast - one I’m on now is slow as it is - don’t need anything the same or slower. One I’m on expires soon in a few months so I need something with the same conditions or better in the same location Netherlands or better for the reason of risk.

• JioJio Member

being a bit too picky when you want to do illegal things without spending enough money to warrant them looking the other way

Thanked by 1morreke
  • @ohmichael said:
    Thank you I heard about it this guy I know told me I shouldn’t use it because he had used it once for a vps and wasn’t that fast - one I’m on now is slow as it is - don’t need anything the same or slower. One I’m on expires soon in a few months so I need something with the same conditions or better in the same location Netherlands or better for the reason of risk.

who's current provider

edited June 2021

Okay we are still waiting on @dustinc to confirm it's movable to europe. For VPSSLIM don't forget it's OpenVZ because some things might not work. But now im going to open a ticket to see if it's movable.

• jio: sorry I'm not trying to be its just I'm trying to be safe
    notarobo: this guy I found online I trusted let me on a trial bases use his vps and I have no clue what it is or the name of it I just know the storage capacity bandwidth and ram it has on it and where its located which is Netherlands.
    skoorupion: thank you
    I'm not trying to seem picky or anything guys its just I want to be safe and I really don't know if my stuff is deemed legal or not but I don't want to be surprised and wake up to it removed or bothered saying it is by email - I got the money if its a decent deal - that's why I came on here asking experts seeing what everyone could tell me - plus I'm not out for me I like helping others get content that's why I made the website.

Honesly it's good that you are trying to be safe. If you have anymore questions go ahead and ask them, im going to reply in the afternoon as now i have to go. I will also try to get the info about moving the VPS to EU til the afternoon but can't promise anything.

• it's fine skorupion - other option I have is to buy out the vps I'm using from the guy and keep paying under my name - the domain I use currently is under my name just the vps I'm using is under his name - I just pointed the nameserver to his vps pretty much if that makes sense. I just wanted to do things for myself and try to find a vps that's the same or better.

• I’ll do Racknerd most likely if I can get a deal in the Amsterdam location datacenter it seems more safe price isn’t everything for me but I don’t want to spend too much. Any deals available? If not I’ll look closer to Black Friday.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@ohmichael said:
    I’ll do Racknerd most likely if I can get a deal in the Amsterdam location datacenter it seems more safe price isn’t everything for me but I don’t want to spend too much. Any deals available? If not I’ll look closer to Black Friday.

If you wait until black friday, you'll certainly find the best deals

• I’ll wait then I know for a fact Racknerd is good and they have my location and the specs I need for the vps thank you everyone.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @ohmichael you should look into companies, that aren't registered in countries, where copyright law is strict (such as USA, Germany etc). As a registered business, company still has to abide by the rules and regulations, that is imposed by the local government.

This will save and your hosting partner a lot of headache.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • are companies like flaunt7 and vpsrocks any good they say they are DMCA ignored and they have data centers in many locations and they fall in my specs.