Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

more than just a thank you
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

more than just a thank you

marrcomarrco Member
edited March 2012 in General

A few providers suffered a DDOS just for helping with this board: BuyVM, SecureDragon and VMPort

I think they deserve more than just a huge thanks. It's our responsibility to support them, just to make clear that we're on their side and prefer to risk a small downtime because a DDOS than to have LEB and LET silenced.

I have 2 VPS (annual contract) with one of them, and already sent him an email to renew both for an additional year. I think it would be great if BuyVM, SecureDragon and VMPort receive a few additional orders/renewal just because they had the balls to stand and help during the attack.

let's show them our respect and appreciation.

Comments

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2012

Thank you marrco :) Its good to be back where we all belong!

• @marrco I totally agree, a DDOS attack could be potentially disastrous for a low end provider because they don't have as much resources in place to mitigate it.

Its not fair for a provider to receive a DDOS attack just for being active on these forums, but all of the providers targeted have done an amazing job

• Thanks for the support, @marrco. We're proud to be a part of the community ^_^

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

yeah @Aldryic bring the stock now!! We demand... oh wait, sorry, just got personality disorder too hahaha

• @netomx Aldryic doesn't control the stock releases :)

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited March 2012

i heard from the grapevine that, this ddos and warning to buyvm reg the stock is all a cover-up for the "out of stock" thingy from @Aldryic

@netomx and now.. ur starting it all again?

@peppr said: @netomx and now.. ur starting it all again?

I dont get it. Remember, you need to talk clearly... English is not my native language, and I have just had lunch, so I'm two times slow

• @peppr said: i heard from the grapevine that, this ddos and warning to buyvm reg the stock is all a cover-up for the "out of stock" thingy from @Aldryic

AHAHAHA. That's gonna be our new excuse for delays :3

We've got two major revisions going on (both WHMCS and Stallion), and we're wanting to get that finalized and tested before the release. In the meantime however, I do have a handful of slots available as per Casualties Friday standards :P

@Aldryic said: We've got two major revisions going on (both WHMCS and Stallion), and we're wanting to get that finalized and tested before the release. In the meantime however, I do have a handful of slots available as per Casualties Friday standards :P

I just love that name: Casualties Friday hahahahah

Damn, Im gonna patent that phrase!

• @netomx said: I dont get it. Remember, you need to talk clearly... English is not my native language, and I have just had lunch, so I'm two times slow

demanding stock i meant.

• @netomx said: Casualties Friday

I got mine on a BlackMarket Tuesday deal though ;)

@peppr said: demanding stock i meant.

Oh.. yeah, someone needed to start that thread, isnt it? I can even start to mention -some guy- who want to have TOR, and make this thread trashed... oh wait, I hate that. Nevermind... Im willing to give a kiss to @Aldryic if he promise us stock :)

• @marrco said: I think they deserve more than just a huge thanks. It's our responsibility to support them, just to make clear that we're on their side and prefer to risk a small downtime because a DDOS than to have LEB and LET silenced.

@marrco said: let's show them our respect and appreciation.

This.

• gsxgsx Member

@Aldryic You should have a Constantinos Sale.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

You're most welcome.

While Aldryic & I are hard on people on here and sometimes seen as trolls, we do it for a reason. We've put a lot of time into this community and hate scum bags abusing it.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: You're most welcome.

While Aldryic & I are hard on people on here and sometimes seen as trolls, we do it for a reason. We've put a lot of time into this community and hate scum bags abusing it.

Francisco

At least your not like Burst where it's beyond hard. Some of those replies are just downright nasty. Customer service is still needed you know, defending is one thing.

Anywho I did have your service for a lonely month and loved it, (512 one) but I never seem to get a hand on one of your $15/year deals. Never works to my side. :(

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Thank you BuyVM, SecureDragon and VMPort :-)

But everyone keep in mind that LET should be more than a fanclub of those 3 providers (and maybe Hostingation), we gotta give new hosts a chance too

We do