Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cutome Nameservers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cutome Nameservers

mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

I have a doubt on setting custom nameservers for two of my servers. I am currently using private name server using ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com for Server A and ns3.mydomain.com and ns4.mydomain.com for Server B.

Is it possible to set ns1 and ns2.mydomain.com for both the servers? Also, Is it possible to set ns1 and ns2 to 2 different IP address?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Set whatever you want, wherever you want - just not however you want :joy:

What are you trying to achieve here?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@mywebhosting said:
    I have a doubt on setting custom nameservers for two of my servers. I am currently using private name server using ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com for Server A and ns3.mydomain.com and ns4.mydomain.com for Server B.

Is it possible to set ns1 and ns2.mydomain.com for both the servers? Also, Is it possible to set ns1 and ns2 to 2 different IP address?

NO! All name servers on the whole planet must have the same IP address!!!!! Ignoring that will break the internet!

And private name servers are verboten anyway.

• alias nameserver :#

• Yes, you can use same nameservers for both servers A and B, If you use ns1 and ns2.mydomain.com for both the servers, then you have to point the 'A' record of all domains of server B on server A zone file.