Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameCheap premiumDNS issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameCheap premiumDNS issue

pkrpkr Member

I bought NameCheap's premiumDNS for DNS hosting. I added all records using their dashboard, but when I changed my old nameservers with NameCheap's nameservers, the website went offline. The "DNS check" at mxtoolbox.com says, "Sorry, we couldn't find any name servers for xxxx.com". I contacted the support team of NameCheap, they say, "it will take 24-48 hours to detect their nameserver" i.e. my website will be offline for 24-48 hours.

I never had this issue with other DNS providers. Since I am not changing the IP of my domain, changing nameservers never set my website offline for 24-48 hours.

I paid <$3 to NameCheap, so nothing to worry. But I wanted to know if anyone faced this issue and how did you fix it because the support team of NameCheap has no clue.

Comments

• If you want to switch to another DNS hosting company, try ClouDNS, they are very good.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

it should not have this issue, although the dns change need time to refresh, but at the same time, the old dns should still working :D

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just curious, which registrar is your domain registered at?

• pkrpkr Member

@thedp said:
    Just curious, which registrar is your domain registered at?

Znetlive

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

When you did the switch, did you check if it was updated?

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited June 2021

Indeed some nameserver/dns providers take 24-48 hours to reflect the change globally.
    Try "dns propagation check" free tools on google search. They will help you to check in which regions of the planet your DNS is showing old entries vs new one.

Also what was you TLL? It should be 300 seconds. If you keep TLL to one day, one week, or one month value, it will take much more time to refresh all zone records.

• pkrpkr Member

@thedp said:
    When you did the switch, did you check if it was updated?

~3 hours ago. Mxtoolbox is still giving the same error. On NameCheap's dashboard, it says, "PremiumDNS: InActive".

• pkrpkr Member

@JasonM said:
    Indeed some nameserver/dns providers take 24-48 hours to reflect the change globally.
    Try "dns propagation check" free tools on google search. They will help you to check in which regions of the planet your DNS is showing old entries vs new one.

Also what was you TLL? It should be 300 seconds. If you keep TLL to one day, one week, or one month value, it will take much more time to refresh all zone records.

Before changing the nameservers to NameCheap's nameservers, I had set the TTL of all records to 5 mins ~24 hours ago.

• pkrpkr Member
    edited June 2021

@adilolv said:
    If you want to switch to another DNS hosting company, try ClouDNS, they are very good.

I had used ClouDNS in past. On dnsperf, I found that NameCheap is better than ClouDNS. So, I wanted to switch to NameCheap.

NameCheap has a very weird process for PremiumDNS. You buy premiumDNS and they will not activate it instantly. You switch to their nameservers and after 48-72 hours, they will verify all details and will manually activate premiumDNS. Your website will go offline for 24-72 hours.

In my conclusion, they are a really cheap provider. Even free services such as he.net, cloudflare are a million times better than this cheap provider. I will never gonna use them.

• mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

@pkr said:
    I bought NameCheap's premiumDNS for DNS hosting. I added all records using their dashboard, but when I changed my old nameservers with NameCheap's nameservers, the website went offline. The "DNS check" at mxtoolbox.com says, "Sorry, we couldn't find any name servers for xxxx.com". I contacted the support team of NameCheap, they say, "it will take 24-48 hours to detect their nameserver" i.e. my website will be offline for 24-48 hours.

I never had this issue with other DNS providers. Since I am not changing the IP of my domain, changing nameservers never set my website offline for 24-48 hours.

I paid <$3 to NameCheap, so nothing to worry. But I wanted to know if anyone faced this issue and how did you fix it because the support team of NameCheap has no clue.

It will take some hours to propagate the nameservers globally.