Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo announced permitted use-cases related to crypto on their servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo announced permitted use-cases related to crypto on their servers

Interesting to see they are very upfront about it :)

Just found their blogpost: https://contabo.com/blog/can-i-use-contabo-servers-for-crypto/

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

It's all about sales.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@thedp said:
    It's all about sales.

At least quite open about it. I mean, ofc, we all read the ToS but this is a nice summary :)

• boerndboernd Member

too bad it's still contabo

Thanked by 2darkimmortal William
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Ympker said:

@thedp said:
    It's all about sales.

At least quite open about it. I mean, ofc, we all read the ToS but this is a nice summary :)

Yes, that.

Plus as a customer of any provider I don't want any mining or plotting on "my" node. It would be a reason to leave for me. So it great to see that Contabo / @contabo_m has a clear line (and hopefully enforces it strictly).

• mirocmiroc Member
    edited June 2021

What is ethereum staking and should I be worried -as a long time Contabo customer- about people staking ethereum on the same node as my VPS?

• @miroc said:
    What is ethereum staking and should I be worried -as a long time Contabo customer- about people staking ethereum on the same node as my VPS?

IIRC, staking is just hodling coins on wallet so no impact to the node.

Thanked by 1miroc