Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you recommend any cheap VPS in Australia? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can you recommend any cheap VPS in Australia?

13»

Comments

• swat4swat4 Member

@DrDirector said:
    Hi.

I have got a multiplayer server for some old game. I created an unique relay-servers network: In case when players are unable to connect with each other by the direct connection or NAT, they get connected using the closest (or the the next in order) relay server. I currently have got a few servers in Europe and one in the USA. I think it would be nice to add a new server for Australian players (for Asia too, but not so many donations come from that region, so it's a low priority, lol). This is to reduce their ping. When the traffic is routed by Europe, they get like ~300ms+ while they could have ~50ms.

What I need is:

• KVM or OVZ node anywhere in Australia.
    • Yearly payments preferred.
    • 512MiB RAM (just for Ubuntu Server + 1 optimized C++ program, maybe even less would fit).
    • 10GB SSD.
    • Private IPv4 IP, with non-blocked UDP ports (the relay sever uses a random port).
    • 100Mb/s speed.
    • 50-100GB monthly bandwidth (probably even less would be used).

And... the price should be ~15 USD per year, but of course I would consider other offers. I know it's very low, but I got hostodo (and few others in the past) for less, with a better performance, so I suppose lowendtalk is the right place to ask :)

If there's no possibility for such VPS in Australia, then maybe someone could please recommend me something with the similar specification in Asia, near Australia? Like China, Taiwan, Indonesia, whatever is the most stable.

Greetings!

@WebHorizon has recently started offering service in Australia. Let's see if he has something for you.

and some other Asian locations:

@seriesn - Japan / Singapore

@Cam - Singapore

@SoftShellWeb - Taiwan

@BharatB - India

@leapswitch - India

Thanked by 2leapswitch Cam
  • tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

@DrDirector said:
    @tomazu, Hi. When it will be possible to purchase the Sydney VPS on webhosting24.com? I'm asking just out of curiousness. No hurries or anything. I also don't want to cause extra work by purchasing a node at a different location now to get it migrated later :)

we have everything ready in Sydney, so send me a PM if you want to order now - same SPECs and pricing as in SG and JP.

Today finally some more hardware arrived in Munich and everything is getting racked there, also.

Thanked by 1DrDirector
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@tomazu said:
    we have everything ready, so send me a PM if you want to order now.

Or... deals on megathread? :DDDD

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

@FAT32 said:

@tomazu said:
    we have everything ready, so send me a PM if you want to order now.

Or... deals on megathread? :DDDD

I will try ;-) But currently getting hardware is really difficult, we have to source from all continents and I see the same with other data centers we are working with and pricing has been up for both hardware and IPs.. on the other side, when @FAT32 comes calling, one has to respond.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Fucking cunt

• James1122James1122 Member
    edited June 2022

A virtual private server is abbreviated as VPS. [+spam]

Mod edit (angstrom): Banned for spamming after having been warned