Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site traffic down significantly.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Site traffic down significantly.

tokoyukitokoyuki Member
edited May 2021 in Help

Does there any way to determine the problems, why my traffic down 6k visits in 2 days ?
I don't seems to get any google penalty, and doesn't feel any huge changes I made, but my traffic plummeted like bitcoin, and it keeps going down.

On google webmaster console, only got this core web vitals that I can't fix for few months, and I just left it like that, tbh, I don't think that's the cause tho.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What you've lost is bot traffic.

• Yeah, thanks for the info, looks like some huge changes on google algorithm.

@deank said:
    What you've lost is bot traffic.

They are not bot lol, my earnings -60% :#

• The green light turn red and they had to stop, sometimes the day of the week can determine how people visit your site, my site shows the same kind of activity its like the stock market if you look at it from a day to day perspective you may get a false impression of the actual long term results.

They are bot traffics.

Organic traffic do not drop off like that unless you said something stupid like you slept with Hitler or something.

• larmaratlarmarat Member
    edited May 2021

You can easily see if it's organic traffic or not using analytics and refining by source.

Double check there's no alerts in search console too.

Try and see if there's pages that are underperforming. Has your average position gone down too?

It could be the May 20th Google update but that's a steeper drop then I'd expect even for that. And it won't be due to core web vitals yet.

You just need to spend the time trawling through the data, it's not something any of us could answer without knowing your site.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

When is the Google cls core update supposed to happen?

I'm still working to improve lowendbox Google rankings since the may 2020 core update that was brutal for us. In just the past couple months we've crept back into the top ten on most key searches.

Thanked by 1larmarat
  • It was May but now supposed to start rolling out mid June but not fully rolled out till end of August - Google clearly knows most sites still aren't ready.

• @deank said:
    They are bot traffics.

Organic traffic do not drop off like that unless you said something stupid like you slept with Hitler or something.

It was organic traffic,
    16 and 17 may

The end is nigh

@larmarat said:
    You can easily see if it's organic traffic or not using analytics and refining by source.

Double check there's no alerts in search console too.

Try and see if there's pages that are underperforming. Has your average position gone down too?

It could be the May 20th Google update but that's a steeper drop then I'd expect even for that. And it won't be due to core web vitals yet.

You just need to spend the time trawling through the data, it's not something any of us could answer without knowing your site.

Yeah, still checking for problems and working towards improving the site. The average position drops a bit.

@larmarat said:
    It was May but now supposed to start rolling out mid June but not fully rolled out till end of August - Google clearly knows most sites still aren't ready.

Good I need the extra time at lowendbox to keep reducing cls.

Not organic in my eyes.

Again, real human traffic do not drop like that. Don't always trust what you see. Such a sharp drop means Google changed (updated) algorithms, and some bots are lost.

• VJTVJT Member

There were lots of sites that lost more than 80% traffic in google core updates. You can see this post - https://www.amsivedigital.com/insights/seo/1000-winners-and-losers-of-the-december-2020-google-core-algorithm-update/

You can track your keywords using any rank checker, that way you will know why traffic has dropped. 😁

I didn't see much change from the December update for the sites I manage.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

You should be thankful you still have 2000 readers per day.
    I have only 150 daily readers on yoursunny.com.