Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1gbit/sec unmetered VPS for ~$50 a year?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1gbit/sec unmetered VPS for ~$50 a year?

Hi all,

Curious if there are any other providers that offer decent unmetered VPS service for the same price point as LosAngelesVPS? I run public linux repo mirrors, so the unmetered bandwidth is important to me.

Thanks in advance for the tips!

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

buyvm?

• @bruh21 said:
    buyvm?

Definitely not unmetered 1Gbps for that price point. 100Mbps per 4GB is the rule. So $15 (4GB)x10 - thats some $150/month. @Francisco can correct me if I am wrong.

I believe @hostworld does have unmetered, although I'm not sure what their AUP policy is on using full 1Gbps port 24/7

Another one is @DataIdeas-Josh although he has to chime in on bandwidth usage as well.

Lastly if you need high bandwidth - @hotlineservers can probably do something about it, and @SWN_Michael might be able to help for a lower port speed unmetered, but not sure if that budget will be enough.

• mike1smike1s Member

@arjones85 said:
    Hi all,

Curious if there are any other providers that offer decent unmetered VPS service for the same price point as LosAngelesVPS? I run public linux repo mirrors, so the unmetered bandwidth is important to me.

How much disk space and RAM do you need?

• I think @BharatB does unmetered bandwidth with his VM's

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@arjones85 said:
    Hi all,

We have some Unmetered Servers here

• drizbodrizbo Member

@NobodyInteresting said: Definitely not unmetered 1Gbps for that price point. 100Mbps per 4GB is the rule. So $15 (4GB)x10 - thats some $150/month. @Francisco can correct me if I am wrong.

Not that I personally care, but where does it say that?
    Because all I can see is "Unmetered Bandwidth" marketed with every single KVM VM and nothing else about it at all

• @drizbo said:

@NobodyInteresting said: Definitely not unmetered 1Gbps for that price point. 100Mbps per 4GB is the rule. So $15 (4GB)x10 - thats some $150/month. @Francisco can correct me if I am wrong.

Because all I can see is "Unmetered Bandwidth" marketed with every single KVM VM and nothing else about it at all

I have asked in the past. But again - @Francisco can chime in on that.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@NobodyInteresting said: Definitely not unmetered 1Gbps for that price point. 100Mbps per 4GB is the rule.

• dosaidosai Member

@drizbo said:

From their Discord faqs channel,

What and how much bandwidth is provided for my slice?
    The rule-of-thumb for WAN (internet-facing connections) is 100Mbit/s of 24/7 usage per every 4GB of memory with a purchased slice. 
    We do, however, allow our customers to “burst” their usage up to 1Gbit/s during times of lower network use across the entire node. 
    Internal (private) networks do not have these bandwidth limitations, and can take advantage of our 40Gbit/s LAN for routing traffic between slices within the same datacenter.

What infrastructure does Frantech use for my services?
    Frantech (BuyVM) slice nodes currently run on Ryzen 9 3900X CPUs along with 10Gbit/s uplinks and NVMe SSDs in order to provide fast performance to our customers. 
    Our slab (block storage) nodes currently use HDDs (“spinning rust” as the datahoarder community likes to call it) in a RAID10 hardware raid configuration for long-term data storage, along with a level of SSD cache to provide faster read and write times. 
    Slab nodes also connect to the slice nodes using an internal 40Gbit/s Infiniband network to allow multiple customers on the same node to use their block storage simultaneously. 

Where can I find the Terms of Service for Frantech?
    You can find the Frantech Solutions Terms of Service on our website at https://buyvm.net/terms-of-service/. You can also find the Acceptable Usage Policy at https://buyvm.net/acceptable-use-policy/.

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited May 2021

:D Is this a joke?

So a customer has to join your discord to be able to see real specifications of your products? All you have on your website is "Unmetered" and "Unlimited", nothing else.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@drizbo said: So a customer has to join your discord to be able to see real specifications of your products? All you have on your website is "Unmetered" and "Unlimited", nothing else.

That's fair, the site needs a redo :)

People that need to push always ask. It's rare to get a $2/m guy wanting to rip a gig and upset he can't.

Most people push more than their plan really allows, but most people run out of CPU/RAM before bandwidth anyway.

Francisco

• @drizbo said:
    :D Is this a joke?

All you have on your website is "Unmetered" and "Unlimited", nothing else.

Funny coming from a provider that acts so above everyone else

Well it's not wrong though? It's unmetered, but does it say unmetered 1gbps or 10gbps? Especially with the price you're paying, there are of course limits.

• drizbodrizbo Member

@nanankcornering said: Well it's not wrong though? It's unmetered, but does it say unmetered 1gbps or 10gbps? Especially with the price you're paying, there are of course limits.

To quote for you : "Unlim. 1000 Mbps"

Of course you cant give someone 300TB per month for 2$ but it needs to be specified right? And 1 post above you provider seems to agree, so he'll add the mention of that and all is good.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

All vps has 1Gbps ports and you can use it as much as you want. All we care about is your CPU usage.
    https://my2.dataideas.com/store

1GB ram / 25% cpu sustained.
    and goes up per package.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @drizbo said:

@nanankcornering said: Well it's not wrong though? It's unmetered, but does it say unmetered 1gbps or 10gbps? Especially with the price you're paying, there are of course limits.

Of course you cant give someone 300TB per month for 2$ but it needs to be specified right? And 1 post above you provider seems to agree, so he'll add the mention of that and all is good.

Isnt that why acceptable usage policy are? Do you also complain when your provider doesn't let you utilise 100% of the cpu core 24 * 7?

• @SWN_Michael said:

@arjones85 said:
    Hi all,

How much disk space and RAM do you need?

Sorry I didn't include that earlier.

My current plan is 60GB disk, 4 CPUs, 4 GB ram. Something similar would be great.

• @XiNiX said:

@arjones85 said:
    Hi all,

Thanks, but these prices don't appear to be anywhere close to the price point I specified :-)

@arjones85 said:

@XiNiX said:

@arjones85 said:
    Hi all,

Thanks, but these prices don't appear to be anywhere close to the price point I specified :-)

What is exactly the $$$ that you are looking at keeping within. Knowing that can help us better point you in a direction.

• caracalcaracal Member

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    All vps has 1Gbps ports and you can use it as much as you want. All we care about is your CPU usage.

and goes up per package.

Sorry mate, any looking glass on your site?

@caracal said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

and goes up per package.

Sorry mate, any looking glass on your site?

sure.
    http://looking.dataideas.com

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@arjones85 said:

@XiNiX said:

@arjones85 said:
    Hi all,

What is exactly the $$$ that you are looking at keeping within. Knowing that can help us better point you in a direction.

I had it in my subject line, around $50/yr.

What prompted me to start this thread is I'm a customer of LosAngelesVPS and need another VM for a second repo mirror. I wanted to spread out the providers I use but was unable to find any advertised specials that seemed to get close to what they are providing for the price. Here's all the specs in one spot:

4 vcpus
    4 GB memory
    60 GB disk
    1gbit unmetered connection
    $45/yr

Maybe this is a unicorn package? 😄

Only complaint for my use case is more disk would be nice. I use FSCache and pull the packages I serve from a larger NFS server, so the most accessed files will get cached on the local disk of the VM. More space for the cache is always better.

edited May 2021

@arjones85

That's around $3.75 a month and very impressive for specs.
    I'm not sure what type of CPU that they are using. If interested I can give you this package at $50/yr
    Storage - 2GB Ram / 20GB NVME / 120GB SSD
    https://my2.dataideas.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=27

We have a Raspberry Pi 4 - 8GB Ram/256GB Drive coming on the 1st as well that we can do for $10/month

Otherwise we have our dedicated machines that will have way bigger drives but are more expensive come the 1st
    Dual Intel Xeon E5620 - 128GB RAM
    1TB ssd
    4x 4tb sas hdds
    128GB ram
    2x Intel Xeon E5620
    1Gbps port (32TB/Monthly)
    $70/month

and

Dual Intel Xeon X5670 - SSD
    2x 250GB ssds
    4x 1TB ssds
    2x Intel Xeon X5670
    160GB RAM
    $70/month

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited May 2021

@codelock said:

@drizbo said:

Isnt that why acceptable usage policy are? Do you also complain when your provider doesn't let you utilise 100% of the cpu core 24 * 7?

Not sure if you are trolling or what.

To answer your question; If I buy a VM and it tells me "Unlimited CPU usage", yes I will complain if they block me over it. Why? Because IT SAYS UNLIMITED !

Same for bandwidth, is it not unlimited? Sure, specify the limits.

And since you blable about "usage policy", how about go read it before posting comments out of your ass? Because its not mentioned there either.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Hi @arjones85
    I've PM'ed you a customized deal, I hope this one works for you :)

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @arjones85

That's around $3.75 a month and very impressive for specs.
    I'm not sure what type of CPU that they are using. If interested I can give you this package at $50/yr
    Storage - 2GB Ram / 20GB NVME / 120GB SSD
    https://my2.dataideas.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=27

We have a Raspberry Pi 4 - 8GB Ram/256GB Drive coming on the 1st as well that we can do for $10/month

Otherwise we have our dedicated machines that will have way bigger drives but are more expensive come the 1st
    Dual Intel Xeon E5620 - 128GB RAM
    1TB ssd
    4x 4tb sas hdds
    128GB ram
    2x Intel Xeon E5620
    $70/month

and

Dual Intel Xeon X5670 - SSD
    2x 250GB ssds
    4x 1TB ssds
    2x Intel Xeon X5670
    160GB RAM
    $70/month

Thanks! I am potentially interested with some minor tweaks.

Your main website appears to be in "Coming Soon" mode :-). Is there more information about your business posted somewhere? How long you've been in business, where you host at, etc.

@arjones85 said:
    Thanks! I am potentially interested with some minor tweaks.

Your main website appears to be in "Coming Soon" mode :-). Is there more information about your business posted somewhere? How long you've been in business, where you host at, etc.

Good day,
    We have been in business for almost 2 years. We are based out of Spring (Houston) Texas.
    We are based out of TRG Data Centers.
    https://dataideas.com/trgdatacenters.html

The website will be getting the much needed face lift this weekend.

Thank you,
    Josh

• Great! Nice to meet a fellow Houstonite :-)

I sent you a PM. Let's make a deal.